1.    22 Nov 2015 #1
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Ohio
    Posts : 453
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit

    Change color of "More apps" text


    I just read this tutorial, and I had no trouble following it, but there's another color I would like to change. In the image below I would like to change the color of the text inside the red rectangle. Is there a way to do that?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pale Text.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	49863

    You might not be able to see the text in that image, and it's just barely visible on my desktop. I would like text to be more easily readable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Nov 2015 #2
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyurkon View Post
    I just read this tutorial, and I had no trouble following it, but there's another color I would like to change. In the image below I would like to change the color of the text inside the red rectangle. Is there a way to do that?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pale Text.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	49863

    You might not be able to see the text in that image, and it's just barely visible on my desktop. I would like text to be more easily readable.
    The only way is to also change the color of Start, taskbar, action center... in the settings app. The color of the More Apps text is somehow connected to that, and cannot be changed in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors].
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    22 Nov 2015 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Ohio
    Posts : 453
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Thanks. It looks as though I have to choose between having most things be aesthetically pleasing and having a few things be easy to read. BTW, it took an hour for me to figure out how to draw that red rectangle in GIMP, so Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly on making things progressively more difficult.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Nov 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyurkon View Post
    Thanks. It looks as though I have to choose between having most things be aesthetically pleasing and having a few things be easy to read. BTW, it took an hour for me to figure out how to draw that red rectangle in GIMP, so Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly on making things progressively more difficult.
    You're welcome. I have the same problem setting RGB values and creating a color AeroHybrid theme in the registry. If you would like a great screenshot tool that's easy to use and has oodles of options, try PicPick(that's what I use: PicPick - by NGWIN, All-in-one design tool, Screen Capture, Image Editor, Color Picker, Pixel Ruler and More
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Nov 2015 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Ohio
    Posts : 453
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    You're welcome. I have the same problem setting RGB values and creating a color AeroHybrid theme in the registry. If you would like a great screenshot tool that's easy to use and has oodles of options, try PicPick(that's what I use: PicPick - by NGWIN, All-in-one design tool, Screen Capture, Image Editor, Color Picker, Pixel Ruler and More
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    22 Nov 2015 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyurkon View Post
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Would like to change the text highlight color in text-entry fields
For instance, if I highlight a word in a text-entry field, it's a very bright blue. This is also true in Firefox, Thunderbird, Word, OneNote, various fora, etc. but not in Excel. Prior to installing Windows 10, the highlight in a text-entry...
Customization
Is it possible to change the "color intensity" of the taskbar?
Hi everyone, I'm liking what I see about Windows 10 so far, but one thing that does bother me is the vibrancy of the colors of the start menu and task bar. I would prefer a more pastel color theme, but so far I haven't been able to find how to do...
Customization
Why is the "change only text size" greyed out?
I'm logged in an admin account and it's greyed out. I searched online and it seems some people have this issue as well but I couldn't find a solution.31699
General Support
How to edit "All apps" icon and text in Windows 10 Start Menu
Hello I wonder if there is a way (through editing system files or registry) to change Windows 10 Start Menu "All apps" to something else like "My Programs". Also where is the icon file located in the system and how to change the default icon. ...
Customization
Does anyone know if we can change "All Apps" back to "All Programs"?
I really don't like the term "All Apps" on the new Start menu. I would like to put it back to "All Programs". Does anyone have any idea if this can be changed? I don't use "apps". I'm not a mobile device user; I have a custom-built tower and I...
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums