Windows 10: Dark theme Solved

  1.    27 Sep 2015 #1

    Dark theme


    I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,766
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       27 Sep 2015 #2

    It does not work on windows explorer at this time, but may in the future.

    Note   Note
    Currently this only seems to affect the Settings, Store, and Calculator apps in the example screenshots below.

    If you spot any others, then please feel free to post a reply with a screenshot.



    Apps Use Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Sep 2015 #3

    Dude said: View Post
    It does not work on windows explorer at this time, but may in the future.

    Note   Note
    Currently this only seems to affect the Settings, Store, and Calculator apps in the example screenshots below.

    If you spot any others, then please feel free to post a reply with a screenshot.



    Apps Use Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks for the reply
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,953
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       27 Sep 2015 #4

    Or put Ubuntu in a VM with shared folders turned on like me and enjoy an OS Hybrid Desktop like me Notice I can use Nautilus instead of File Explorer instead at the same time I have Cortana, start menu, and what ever else from Windows at the same time to use when needed. but the customization and capabilities of Linux. Just something to think about.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (106).png 
Views:	19 
Size:	620.6 KB 
ID:	39702

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (107).png 
Views:	17 
Size:	707.3 KB 
ID:	39703
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    27 Sep 2015 #5

    Dude said: View Post
    It does not work on windows explorer at this time, but may in the future.

    Note   Note
    Currently this only seems to affect the Settings, Store, and Calculator apps in the example screenshots below.

    If you spot any others, then please feel free to post a reply with a screenshot.



    Apps Use Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Sep 2015 #6

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Or put Ubuntu in a VM with shared folders turned on like me and enjoy an OS Hybrid Desktop like me Notice I can use Nautilus instead of File Explorer instead at the same time I have Cortana, start menu, and what ever else from Windows at the same time to use when needed. but the customization and capabilities of Linux. Just something to think about.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (106).png 
Views:	19 
Size:	620.6 KB 
ID:	39702

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (107).png 
Views:	17 
Size:	707.3 KB 
ID:	39703
    I use Ubuntu too and I am on it right now
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 206
    Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.296
       26 Feb 2016 #7

    Is MS ever going to put out a dark theme for all to use? I don't like to use a "patch" for themes as I don't trust them not to screw up my pc, so I can't find a dark theme other than high contrast themes which are a little too overdone for me. Wish someone in MS would make a dark theme and offer it in one of their many Windows Updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,953
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       26 Feb 2016 #8

    JohnBurns said: View Post
    Is MS ever going to put out a dark theme for all to use? I don't like to use a "patch" for themes as I don't trust them not to screw up my pc, so I can't find a dark theme other than high contrast themes which are a little too overdone for me. Wish someone in MS would make a dark theme and offer it in one of their many Windows Updates.
    They're getting closer John.
    For Office 365(2016), they have had a neutral gray skin for a while, and just (was it) this week they came out with a black one.
    I just hope they listen to the insiders and add some "skins" to File Explore.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
not sure if this has been shared. . i searched but didn't find anything. apparently Windows has a hidden, alternate dark theme matching MetroApps :) 29456 Unfortunately.. this is only available to Pro or higher editions :( Save this as...
The white is basically doing my eyes in, unlike any other version of Windows. I've had a look about online, but not seen any compatible for Windows 10 as such. But are there any dark themes like the high contrast ones about anywhere? Using the black...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:30.
Find Us