Windows 10: User Created Windows Ten Wallpapers


  1. Posts : 14,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 May 2016 #2431

    Overall that looks quite good. But you still have a grainy type problem to work with for the higher res which is often seen!
    The mesh was intended, I used a filter for it, if that's what you mean. It's intended to look like stitch work.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 752
    windows 10 home premium
       15 May 2016 #2432

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    The top is the wallpaper by itself while the second is still the same only applied. CliffS is simply showing the snipping of it once in use. Overall that looks quite good. But you still have a grainy type problem to work with for the higher res which is often seen! 1600 or less will usually see that type of gapping in texture tightened up substantially. I've run into that problem any number of times especially when taking some interesting BMP screens used for backgrounds for video recordings and try converting them over to jpeg or png to resize into new papers! I had an excellent plan for one in particular but even in png format you can't go over 1000 with it! The crystal clear almost photo like quality vanishes! Attachment 79993
    That is really nice Night Hawk That SailBoat Is getting mighty close to the Edge Of that waterFall. Jerry
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 May 2016 #2433

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I plaed around with the fractal renderer and several filters, and got what looks like one of those abstract stitched carpet/wall hangings you can buy in Arab countries.

    I call this one "Fractal Stitch"
    Attachment 79983

    Applied, it actually works, and looks like a fabric mesh on your screen.
    Attachment 79984
    Fractals are fun Cliff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 May 2016 #2434

    kado897 said: View Post
    Fractals are fun Cliff.
    Fun, but hard to make a decent wallpaper without looking like just another fractal, If you know what I mean.
    I need to play with the renderer some more, it has oodles of settings and options.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 843
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       15 May 2016 #2435

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I plaed around with the fractal renderer and several filters, and got what looks like one of those abstract stitched carpet/wall hangings you can buy in Arab countries.

    I call this one "Fractal Stitch"
    Attachment 79983

    Applied, it actually works, and looks like a fabric mesh on your screen.
    Attachment 79984
    That's a carpet alright!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 843
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       15 May 2016 #2436

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Fun, but hard to make a decent wallpaper without looking like just another fractal, If you know what I mean.
    I need to play with the renderer some more, it has oodles of settings and options.
    If you need a fractal challenge, try some infinite zoom animations.
    The fractal explorer requires some work from you then.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,357
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       15 May 2016 #2437

    Ahaa! Trying to get the Fractal Fabric effect?! I still have an old 7 paper like that only with the circular 7 fabric style emblem embedded in it where I couldn't do much for that one. I have one here you saw earlier with the Windows emblem but not quite the TENblemization?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Emblem on Fabric TENblemized 1440x900.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	80002

    That's still a work in progress while the in fabric 7 emblem had to be covered over first. I also saw the previous version shrunk down in size for use as an insert on a few.

    Trying to work with "The Final Frontier" backdrop is very limited and at best would only retain the appearance you see there when being used as an insert on another paper. That was something from the tv tuner card's original software to use as a backdrop when going to use another dvd burning program. The one or more icons for chapters or how many clips are to burned show on something like this. That would likely have made a good paper for some old 9x Legacy machine however since the res is 525x396 for that one.

    Well here's another try at "Final Frontier Over The Edge"! wwooooooooooo...... SPLAT!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final Frontier Over The Edge 1440x900.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	80006
    Last edited by Night Hawk; 15 May 2016 at 15:42. Reason: additional screen added
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 843
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       15 May 2016 #2438

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    Ahaa! Trying to get the Fractal Fabric effect?! I still have an old 7 paper like that only with the circular 7 fabric style emblem embedded in it where I couldn't do much for that one. I have one here you saw earlier with the Windows emblem but not quite the TENblemization?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Emblem on Fabric TENblemized 1440x900.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	80002

    That's still a work in progress while the in fabric 7 emblem had to be covered over first. I also saw the previous version shrunk down in size for use as an insert on a few.

    Trying to work with "The Final Frontier" backdrop is very limited and at best would only retain the appearance you see there when being used as an insert on another paper. That was something from the tv tuner card's original software to use as a backdrop when going to use another dvd burning program. The one or more icons for chapters or how many clips are to burned show on something like this. That would likely have made a good paper for some old 9x Legacy machine however since the res is 525x396 for that one.
    If you're looking for new fabric backgrounds, no worries.

    Look for fabric tile images and seamless tile textures:
    Fabric Seamless and Tileable High Res Textures
    A tile texture can be copied and repeated horizontally and vertically to get any size you need.

    from one like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onept.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	80004

    you get one like this in a snap:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiled.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	80005
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,929
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       15 May 2016 #2439

    What I did was made the fractal and adjusted the gradient to what I thought looked nice, added the supernova in the middle, then used Video: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	80007

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	80008
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 752
    windows 10 home premium
       15 May 2016 #2440

    Hopachi said: View Post
    That's a carpet alright!
    That's Great Cliff and you Are right it really does look good on the Desktop .After seeing it on your Desktop I tried it on mine I like it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
User created wallpapers in Customization
This thread is for non-Windows 9 specific, user created wallpapers only. The rules are very simple: You may only upload your own creation, be it a photo or artwork. No branding eg: Windows, Coca-Cola, Ferrari, etc. No linking to other sites....
This thread is for all user-created Windows 9 wallpapers. The rules are very simple: You may only upload your own creation. Branding allowed Happy posting :)
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.
Find Us