Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Aug 2015 #1

    Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area


    Hello,
    is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something like this: http://www.7tutorials.com/files/img/..._language6.png
    Why there are two languages, hence the icon, if in control panel there is only one? I don't need changing language nor switching input method so I would like to remove that icon. Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Window 10 Educational
       23 Aug 2015 #2

    Windows10SuX said: View Post
    Hello,
    is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something like this: http://www.7tutorials.com/files/img/..._language6.png
    Why there are two languages, hence the icon, if in control panel there is only one? I don't need changing language nor switching input method so I would like to remove that icon. Thanks.
    Found your post yesterday and didn't know the answer. Today I decided I wanted to turn it off too. I turned it off in the notification settings, but after a reboot I saw it had returned. So after that I followed these steps: “Input Indicator” Icon Comes Back in Taskbar Notification Area After Restarting Windows. Hopefully this helps!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Aug 2015 #3

    Jamsurhoom said: View Post
    Found your post yesterday and didn't know the answer. Today I decided I wanted to turn it off too. I turned it off in the notification settings, but after a reboot I saw it had returned. So after that I followed these steps: “Input Indicator” Icon Comes Back in Taskbar Notification Area After Restarting Windows. Hopefully this helps!
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    There's only one problem with that method: the ability to switch input methods IS still there, it's just hidden (Windows+Spacebar). Is it possible to completely delete or remove, not hide, this feature?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Window 10 Educational
       24 Aug 2015 #4

    Windows10SuX said: View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    There's only one problem with that method: the ability to switch input methods IS still there, it's just hidden (Windows+Spacebar). Is it possible to completely delete or remove, not hide, this feature?
    Ah, didn't know you wanted to change the input. What you can do is remove the language you don't actually use. That way you won't be able to switch between inputs. That's the only way to remove the feature as far as I'm aware of.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Aug 2015 #5

    Jamsurhoom said: View Post
    Ah, didn't know you wanted to change the input. What you can do is remove the language you don't actually use. That way you won't be able to switch between inputs. That's the only way to remove the feature as far as I'm aware of.
    Yeah, the strange thing is that only my primary Language is listed, while the other one is not even there...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Window 10 Educational
       24 Aug 2015 #6

    Windows10SuX said: View Post
    Yeah, the strange thing is that only my primary Language is listed, while the other one is not even there...
    Aw, that's a bummer! In that case I can't help you!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       26 Aug 2015 #7

    bump
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 Aug 2015 #8

    Bump
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,931
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       29 Aug 2015 #9
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 Aug 2015 #10

    Yes but I dont want to hide it, I want to remove it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Battery and Location Icon in Notification Area missing - Win 10 Pro.
As stated in title - no battery icon when not plugged in - and no battery/power icon when plugged in - also no locations icon. I do not care much about the locations one, but the battery one is pretty much vital. 26686 Going into "Turn system...
General Support
Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10
How to Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 Windows Defender helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC...
Tutorials
Solved Weather app in notification area
A weather app (?) has mysteriously appeared in my notification area. Apart from it showing Sheffield 80 miles away I would just like to get rid of it. How?
Software and Apps
My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it?
I upgraded my computer from W8.1 to W10 recently. I used my taskbar on the left side with the minimum width possible. After upgrading, I noticed that my notiication area icons were all in the same column instead of being spread over two columns as...
General Support
Uninstall primary input language
Hello, I'm using english-US as display language, but german (DEU) as keyboard input language. I would like to uninstall the english (ENG) keyboard since the input language switches to english when I hide the unneeded language bar. It was very...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums