Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 133
    Windows 10 Pro (14393) / 7 Pro
       21 Aug 2015 #1

    Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color


    Hey there everyone.

    I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their logon screen background picture. (an example of this screen, to clarify, is below)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	33002

    This is the picture that is behind the logon screen, which is by default the Windows 10 hero wallpaper. If you would like to change this image to your accent color, here's how

    WARNING:
    To do this option, you will have to mess with registry settings. As you may know, registry settings influence the way Windows works on your machine. Therefore, if you do something incorrectly, you may have to reinstall Windows. Proceed with caution.

    The first step is to open Run (+R) and type regedit
    Once Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System. There, make a new DWORD value called DisableLogonBackgroundImage and set the value to 1 to change it to your accent color. If you ever wish to revert this change, setting it to 0 will revert it back to the 'Hero' image.

    Restart and your logon screen background will now be your accent color that you have selected. If it changes, the color of your logon screen will change as well.

    Good luck and enjoy your new logon screen.
    Michael.
    Last edited by Michaelvas17; 21 Aug 2015 at 20:27. Reason: Removed option.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,914
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       21 Aug 2015 #2

    didn't know I needed a app or to edit the registry to do both those things ,but I can change some colors in settings . I bypass my login screen and go direct to my desktop, I have it set to boot and accept my password and boot direct to desktop ,also I go to settings and chose what ever wallpaper I want ,, also change accent colors in settings ,and the lock screen ,so unless I'm missing the meaning of your post .. one doesn't need 3rd party apps to do either thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails desktop picture setup.PNG   accent colors .PNG  
    Last edited by caperjack; 21 Aug 2015 at 12:55.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows8.1
       21 Aug 2015 #3

    On one updated computer I get choice of pictures,on the other just background colors. Strange dealings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 133
    Windows 10 Pro (14393) / 7 Pro
       21 Aug 2015 #4

    caperjack said: View Post
    didn't know I needed a app or to edit the registry to do both those things ,but I can change some colors in settings . I bypass my login screen and go direct to my desktop, I have it set to boot and accept my password and boot direct to desktop ,also I go to settings and chose what ever wallpaper I want ,, also change accent colors in settings ,and the lock screen ,so unless I'm missing the meaning of your post .. one doesn't need 3rd party apps to do either thing
    The post is referring to this screen. My apologies for not clarifying.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	33001

    I will be updating the OP with pictures once I make them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,914
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       21 Aug 2015 #5

    I don't see that screen because I boot direct with out having to put in my password ,but I do see when computer wakes from sleeping ,,also the circle where the head is I have a picture of my grand parents and I put it there without ant 3rd party software of registry edits
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Aug 2015 #6

    Tell Krutonium, that I tried his program and all I got was a Black Screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,914
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       21 Aug 2015 #7

    Michaelvas17 said: View Post
    The post is referring to this screen. My apologies for not clarifying.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	33001

    I will be updating the OP with pictures once I make them.
    ok, I think I get it now you mean the whole picture ,the window and the picture I put it the middle ,ok,, for me I lke the big blue screen the window in it so I will be leaving mine as is ,, sorry for butting in ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2605.JPG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10 Pro 14393.693
       21 Aug 2015 #8

    I have used two programs that change the Login-in Background with varying results. Be fore warned these are not for the faint of heart. They can leave your system unusable. How about a black screen with a mouse cursor for a login screen? I have seen this and more. Be very cautious and by all means have a backup system image.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows8.1
       21 Aug 2015 #9

    caperjack said: View Post
    ok, I think I get it now you mean the whole picture ,the window and the picture I put it the middle ,ok,, for me I lke the big blue screen the window in it so I will be leaving mine as is ,, sorry for butting in ,
    No problem good to see what you are finding also.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 99
    Windows8.1
       21 Aug 2015 #10

    tracit99 said: View Post
    I have used two programs that change the Login-in Background with varying results. Be fore warned these are not for the faint of heart. They can leave your system unusable. How about a black screen with a mouse cursor for a login screen? I have seen this and more. Be very cautious and by all means have a backup system image.
    To be honest i really don't worry about the screen colors or what ever,it's the programs i really want to work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Lock Screen Background - Change in Windows 10
How to Change your Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see at startup and when you lock the PC. You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign in screen and sign in to Windows. Your lock...
Tutorials
Solved Change Logon Screen Wallpaper
On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest of my theme. Thanks.
Customization
change the Login screen background?
Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background?
Customization
Solved Logon screen background customization on windows 10
I was just wondering if there was a way to customize the background of the screen where you are prompted to enter the background
Customization
How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes
Is my first post so sorry if i am not correct in request: 1 - How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 2 - To use different themes respect old tweaks i must use a UltraUXThemePatcher or similar ? Thank Hispa
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:44.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums