Light or Dark Backgrounds and Fonts - What Works Best for You

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #41

    f14tomcat said:
    Better stop, or Wynona is gonna hit us both on the head with her frying pan.
    Good morning, troublemakers TC & Ghot! Wouldn't be the same without ya!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #42

    steve108 said:
    f.lux: software to make your life better I've been using it for years.
    I'm going to have a look at that to see if it's something I'd like to use.

    I went to the site, and it seems to be rather restful for my eyes. And, might work for my tutorials.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,666
    Windows 11 21H2 (22000.593)
       #43

    Hiyas, Wynona! I've been less active since I stopped playing with IP builds. But I'm gearing back up for those through the proper method this time - VMs! lol.

    As for dusk til dawn for NightLight - I have it set that way so the nightlight enables only during the hours of dusk til dawn - during the day we're inundated with blue light from the sky and such so it looks odd when the blue is cut from the screen for me (and makes dark mode look weird on a lot of sites / in a lot of apps). So, by turning that on, the blue gets cut only at night, and rather than set a particular time (since we do this whole DST thing and sunset changes throughout the year) I let it do it itself based upon my location from dusk til dawn - and leave it that way all the time.

    That's my reasoning. So, sun up NL off, sun down, NL on. It works pretty well for me.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #44

    johngalt said:
    Hiyas, Wynona! I've been less active since I stopped playing with IP builds. But I'm gearing back up for those through the proper method this time - VMs! lol.

    As for dusk til dawn for NightLight - I have it set that way so the nightlight enables only during the hours of dusk til dawn - during the day we're inundated with blue light from the sky and such so it looks odd when the blue is cut from the screen for me (and makes dark mode look weird on a lot of sites / in a lot of apps). So, by turning that on, the blue gets cut only at night, and rather than set a particular time (since we do this whole DST thing and sunset changes throughout the year) I let it do it itself based upon my location from dusk til dawn - and leave it that way all the time.

    That's my reasoning. So, sun up NL off, sun down, NL on. It works pretty well for me.
    Thanks for the explanation, John! I understand it a bit better now and will give it a shot on this desktop.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #45

    Wynona said:
    I'm going to have a look at that to see if it's something I'd like to use.

    I went to the site, and it seems to be rather restful for my eyes. And, might work for my tutorials.
    IIRC, you needed the tutorial printouts to look different on paper - this won't affect what comes out of the printer - just what you see on the screen. Let me know if you have any questions about flux or find anything concerning - I've been using it on all my PCs for multiple years, so may be able to answer questions you have. I have it run 24/7 on my PCs. Cheers, happy Friday, etc
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #46

    steve108 said:
    IIRC, you needed the tutorial printouts to look different on paper - this won't affect what comes out of the printer - just what you see on the screen. Let me know if you have any questions about flux or find anything concerning - I've been using it on all my PCs for multiple years, so may be able to answer questions you have. I have it run 24/7 on my PCs. Cheers, happy Friday, etc
    Thanks, Steve. If it works out like I think it should, I can create a tutorial for my students. I'm getting to the point that I've taught 'em everything I know and am going into learning mode for new material!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #47

    Wynona said:
    Thanks, Steve. If it works out like I think it should, I can create a tutorial for my students. I'm getting to the point that I've taught 'em everything I know and am going into learning mode for new material!
    And maybe you'll teach me a thing or two about flux - this old dog still wants to learn new tricks
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #48

    steve108 said:
    And maybe you'll teach me a thing or two about flux - this old dog still wants to learn new tricks
    It's getting harder and harder to learn new stuff as I age, Steve.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #49

    Wynona said:
    It's getting harder and harder to learn new stuff as I age, Steve.
    That's too be expected to a certain degree, right? But we need to just keep hanging out here and trying ..... like you just learned about flux and I'm learning things from other people all the time here....... but yeah, I agree, it does get harder

    "Just hang in there baby"
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.844)
       #50

    f14tomcat said:
    You might want to start your own thread on all this. Even though is it a good subject and lots would like the same options/answers, it is not in keeping with Wynona's thread subject, bit too far off course.

    Just start a new thread, maybe in Customization, copy/paste this one there, and delete this one.
    Thanks, I did just that now. Sorry for being in the wrong thread.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums