How Do I Change The Colour Of My Taskbar ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       #1

    How Do I Change The Colour Of My Taskbar ?


    After a recent Windows 10 update my Taskbar is white and I can't change it back to Navy Blue. The option 'Start, taskbar and action centre' is grayed out and not available. Can someone help ?
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,164
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello Wallace,

    If you selected to use Light instead of Custom or Dark for Choose your color or Light instead of Dark for Choose your default Windows mode, then the Start, taskbar, and action center setting will be grayed out.

    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10
      My Computers

  3.   My Computer


  4. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Brink said:
    Hello Wallace,

    If you selected to use Light instead of Custom or Dark for Choose your color or Light instead of Dark for Choose your default Windows mode, then the Start, taskbar, and action center setting will be grayed out.

    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10
    But that makes EVERYTHING dark or custom. I just want to change the taskbar not everything else too. I chose 'Light' in 'Choose Your Default App' and that changed my background back to white and left my taskbar dark. However, I did change my 'Google' page to Purple and now I can't change it back to White. Any ideas ?
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,164
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #5

    Wallace1297 said:
    But that makes EVERYTHING dark or custom. I just want to change the taskbar not everything else too. I chose 'Light' in 'Choose Your Default App' and that changed my background back to white and left my taskbar dark. However, I did change my 'Google' page to Purple and now I can't change it back to White. Any ideas ?
    In that case, this may help.

    Turn On or Off Show Color Only On Taskbar in Windows 10
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Brink said:
    Can't you just tell me ? I hate downloading stuff.
      My Computer


  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,164
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #7

    Brink said:
    Wallace1297 said:
    Can't you just tell me ? I hate downloading stuff.
    It's a tutorial link that explains how to do it step by step.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    File


    OK, I downloaded it and it wouldn't open. Nothing happened. Please just tell me how to change the colour of my Google page from purple back to white. It can't be that difficult surely.
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,164
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #9

    Sorry, but you were wanting this for the color of your taskbar, but now you say Google page?? Please clarify exactly what you are wanting to change.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Brink said:
    Sorry, but you were wanting this for the color of your taskbar, but now you say Google page?? Please clarify exactly what you are wanting to change.
    Please read post No.4, perhaps you didn't read it.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums