Windows 10: Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1.    26 Aug 2015 #51

    Gary said: View Post
    Five pages of users trying to help you , users have given you several ways that it would work. The best being Group Policy. I know that works as I have used it./
    5 pages of people not understanding my question is more like it.

    For the empteenth time, I am not trying to remove, disable, or otherwise turn off OneDrive!!
    All of these suggestions were how to uninstall, remove, disable OneDrive. Seriously, people need to re-read my question!

    I managed to solve it myself in my most recent post, but I'd appreciate a more "proper" solution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       26 Aug 2015 #52

    drfsupercenter said: View Post
    5 pages of people not understanding my question is more like it.

    For the empteenth time, I am not trying to remove, disable, or otherwise turn off OneDrive!!
    All of these suggestions were how to uninstall, remove, disable OneDrive. Seriously, people need to re-read my question!

    I managed to solve it myself in my most recent post, but I'd appreciate a more "proper" solution.
    Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries? - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

    I used the above fix and it worked on my release of Windows 10 build 10240. I do not have any library's and they are of no use in Windows 10. Maybe if you filled in your System Specs it would help. There is no need to reply as I won't see it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 Aug 2015 #53

    drfsupercenter said: View Post
    5 pages of people not understanding my question is more like it.

    For the empteenth time, I am not trying to remove, disable, or otherwise turn off OneDrive!!
    All of these suggestions were how to uninstall, remove, disable OneDrive. Seriously, people need to re-read my question!

    I managed to solve it myself in my most recent post, but I'd appreciate a more "proper" solution.
    Since you went this way, why not just remove those extra permissions from OneDrive itself, play with it more.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Aug 2015 #54

    DTG1 said: View Post
    Since you went this way, why not just remove those extra permissions from OneDrive itself, play with it more.
    Well, is there a way to set permissions of a program so it can't write to your hard drive? The OneDrive program itself is just a single EXE in local appdata, obviously my user would need execute permissions but removing all others, I think it would still do the library adding.

    Thanks for actually trying to help though DTG1!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Aug 2015 #55

    drfsupercenter said: View Post
    Well, is there a way to set permissions of a program so it can't write to your hard drive? The OneDrive program itself is just a single EXE in local appdata, obviously my user would need execute permissions but removing all others, I think it would still do the library adding.

    Thanks for actually trying to help though DTG1!
    Permissions work both ways, you need it to read, so assume that it needs some to write, however pointing a program where it can write can be a bit harder. I dont know enough about dll's to say much, but Onedrive has to save its settings somewhere, in "some-kind" of file, typically *.ini's, normally not within the .exe itself. Knowing that M$ doesnt want us to change how OneDrive works, the settings file maybe an encrypted. hidden system file, idk. Personally, I dont trust M$ or OneDrive, if I need online storage ill go with something less intrusive like Dropbox or even Mega, something I know I can uninstall when something better comes along. Plus I know its easier to safely install Dropbox/Mega on any device I want, and safely uninstall them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Aug 2015 #56

    DTG1 said: View Post
    Permissions work both ways, you need it to read, so assume that it needs some to write, however pointing a program where it can write can be a bit harder. I dont know enough about dll's to say much, but Onedrive has to save its settings somewhere, in "some-kind" of file, typically *.ini's, normally not within the .exe itself. Knowing that M$ doesnt want us to change how OneDrive works, the settings file maybe an encrypted. hidden system file, idk. Personally, I dont trust M$ or OneDrive, if I need online storage ill go with something less intrusive like Dropbox or even Mega, something I know I can uninstall when something better comes along. Plus I know its easier to safely install Dropbox/Mega on any device I want, and safely uninstall them.
    There are some .ini files, I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts. I didn't see anything in there pertaining to libraries, though, but there might be a hidden command... hence why I brought it up in case anyone did some tinkering.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro
       13 Oct 2015 #57

    Solution


    I'm not sure if this thread is still alive, but I have a solution, which works fine for me. If you don't care about the OneDrive default folders like camera, music etc. just delete these.

    Hope this input helps some people.

    Best regards,
    Patrick
    Last edited by Soleh; 13 Oct 2015 at 05:55.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 26,420
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       13 Oct 2015 #58

    Not sure why everyone is worried about Onedrive folders. MS is removing it soon. Everyone should have received their email from MS.
    Here is a short version.
    We’re emailing you because you’re a member of one or more groups in OneDrive. Groups will no longer be available in OneDrive after October* 16, 2015, and all group files and info will be deleted.

    So why worry about deleting folders in onedrive?? unless you actually use the piece of crap.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    4 Days Ago #59

    I know this is a very old thread, but I just read through it and saw there was never a good answer to the thread starter's question, which I'm currently having issues with. OneDrive is causing duplicates of my music collection when I open music apps.

    Someone recently posted an answer to the same question in Microsoft's support forums. There is an executable file that can be scheduled to run at startup to remove OneDrive from the libraries shortly after OneDrive has re-added itself to the libraries.

    OneDrive adding folders to Library - Microsoft Community

    I found a workaround for this problem. You can use a tool to automatically delete the OneDrive folders from your libraries every time you log on to your PC.

    Here are step-by-step instructions:

    Step 1. Go to*Windows Libraries Command-Line Tools - The Grim Admin and download the tool

    Step 2. Extract the downloaded .zip folder, open the "ShLib" folder and move the file "ShLib.exe" to %userprofile%

    Step 3. Press the Windows key and type "Task Scheduler", press Enter

    Step 4. In the Task Scheduler application, select "Create Basic Task" on the right

    Step 5. Enter any name for the task and click Next

    Step 6. Select "When I log on" and click Next

    Step 7. Select "Start a program" and click Next

    Step 8. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the*"ShLib.exe" file you downloaded

    Step 9. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:
    remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Music"

    (this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Music Library)

    Step 10. Click Next, then select "Open the properties dialogue for this task when I click Finish" at the bottom, then click Finish

    Step 11. In the Properties window, go to the "Triggers" tab

    Step 12. Select the "At log on" trigger and click Edit at the bottom

    Step 13. Check "Delay task for" and enter "1 minute", then click OK

    Step 14.*In the Properties window, go to the "Actions" tab

    Step 15. Click "New" at the bottom

    Step 16. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the*"ShLib.exe" file*you downloaded

    Step 17. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:
    remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Pictures"

    (this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Pictures Library)

    Step 18. Click OK

    Step 19. Click "New" at the bottom

    Step 20. Under "Program/script", enter the path of the*"ShLib.exe" file*you downloaded

    Step 21. Under "Add arguments", enter the following:
    remove "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms" "%userprofile%OneDrive\Documents"

    (this will remove the OneDrive folder from your Documents Library)

    Step 22. Click OK, then OK again, and you're done!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Related Threads
How Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 The This PC window includes a Folders group that displays a linked Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder from the current user account's "C:\Users\(user-name)"...
How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you save files to OneDrive, the files are...
Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word documents and images that I use for my blogs. In total 3,2 GB. This morning after switching on my...
Is it possible to remove a default library? For example I don't want the Videos library at all, I'd like to remove it from the system. Deleting the related folder does not make it's icon disappear from the navigation panel. EDIT: I mean it can be...
Hi everyone, I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came across something though. I was editing a cpp file in Notepad++ and wanted to save it to a newly...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:59.
Find Us