Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 72
    Win 10 Pro - Anniversary Edition
       19 Aug 2015 #11

    Reboot done. All came back. No changes evident.

    Here's the NVidia report on resolution.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win 10 Nvidia Display.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	32621
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    FLorida
    Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #12

    What does your setting here say? Is it also at "(Recommended)"? If not change it to that, and sign off/reboot.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 72
    Win 10 Pro - Anniversary Edition
       19 Aug 2015 #13

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win10 Advanced Setting.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	32624

    Hmmm...which reading should I believe? NVidia's in the previous post, or the one on the left immediately above, or the one on the right that says I'm lower than 1680 x 1260?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    FLorida
    Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #14

    Florida Rene said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win10 Advanced Setting.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	32624

    Hmmm...which reading should I believe? NVidia's in the previous post, or the one on the left immediately above, or the one on the right that says I'm lower than 1680 x 1260?
    Nvidia is just showing what it can handle as native. The other two are what your actual resolution is set at, but none are answering my question of the setting I asked about. You can try changing them to see, but what is this one at? If this is not a recommended that is the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ds.JPG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    19 Aug 2015 #15

    You could try WinAero Tweaker, it can do what your looking for.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 72
    Win 10 Pro - Anniversary Edition
       19 Aug 2015 #16

    swarfega said: View Post
    You could try WinAero Tweaker, it can do what your looking for.
    I did. It didn't hold. Made the changes but they disappeared after reboot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    FLorida
    Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #17

    Something else just popped in my head. Do you have more than one W10 machines? If so do you use the same sign in? Maybe under the sync settings the theme is set to sync also, and it's messing things up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 72
    Win 10 Pro - Anniversary Edition
       19 Aug 2015 #18

    Bobby Phoenix said: View Post
    Nvidia is just showing what it can handle as native. The other two are what your actual resolution is set at, but none are answering my question of the setting I asked about. You can try changing them to see, but what is this one at? If this is not a recommended that is the problem.
    It was not at 100, so I reset it and this is what happened:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win10 Resolution at 100.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	563.3 KB 
ID:	32628

    Previously, I had all those icons in separate affinity groups spread out on twin monitors. The resetting shrunk them all terribly (these old eyes can't squint that much) and grouped them all in one collection with no order.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 72
    Win 10 Pro - Anniversary Edition
       19 Aug 2015 #19

    Bobby Phoenix said: View Post
    Something else just popped in my head. Do you have more than one W10 machines? If so do you use the same sign in? Maybe under the sync settings the theme is set to sync also, and it's messing things up.
    Good thought, but no. More than one machine, but only put Win10 on one to see if it would function for me. So far, the jury is out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    FLorida
    Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #20

    Florida Rene said: View Post
    It was not at 100, so I reset it and this is what happened:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win10 Resolution at 100.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	563.3 KB 
ID:	32628

    Previously, I had all those icons in separate affinity groups spread out on twin monitors. The resetting shrunk them all terribly (these old eyes can't squint that much) and grouped them all in one collection with no order.
    OK but setting it back to 100 did the title bars go back to normal too? And with it back to 100 can you now change the settings and uncheck the bold box?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10
How to Use Aerolite Theme for Window Borders and Title Bars Color in Windows 10 When you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text,...
Tutorials
Solved How to add color to the window borders
Under Windows 10 I donít know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that?...
Installation and Setup
Solved Issue with changing title bar color with some programs
Out of the four computers I own, I was only able to get one of them upgraded to Windows 10 so far, The one I had with me the day 10 was released is a HP Envy laptop that I use primarily for a hobby I have, Astronomy. The PC had on it several...
Customization
Solved Window keeps changing sizes.
After I upgraded from 7 to 10 I noticed my browser window wouldn't stay at the size I scaled it to on my main monitor when I dragged and dropped a new tab from my other monitor. Also it keeps dropping it a few pixels away from the left edge. ...
General Support
colored window borders
Does anyone like the colored borders in W8.1 and the option to change their color? I do and notice W10 does not have that option. Do you think the RTM will bring that back? Thank you.
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums