trying to get my picture slideshow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro Build 10586
       #1

    trying to get my picture slideshow


    Hi Brink:

    I just upgraded to Win10Pro last week, and am having issues with trying to get my picture slideshow to work properly. I have three monitors, and just upgraded my AMD drviers for my graphics card. I thought I had everything OK, until I noticed today that the same picture within my pictures folder is showing on all three monitors, instead of a random picture on each monitor. I have gone through your tutorials here, and see some bits and pieces that you mention of this, but I'm not picking up any of the fixes per se. any ideas? Thanks!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello Sean, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    Is this slide show for your desktop or lock screen?

    I assume desktop. If so, did you select shuffle?

    (see option 6)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro Build 10586
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Brink said:
    Hello Sean, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    Is this slide show for your desktop or lock screen?

    I assume desktop. If so, did you select shuffle?

    (see option 6)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Thank you, Brink. Yes...it is for my desktop, and shuffle is selected. This worked just fine for years before Win10 and for a few days after.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #4

    Double check to make sure that you don't have anything in the selected folder other than image files.

    In addition, make sure it's a folder on the local PC, and not a OneDrive folder. I've noticed that it doesn't always work well from a OneDrive folder location.

    Hope this may help. :)
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro Build 10586
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Brink said:
    Double check to make sure that you don't have anything in the selected folder other than image files.

    In addition, make sure it's a folder on the local PC, and not a OneDrive folder. I've noticed that it doesn't always work well from a OneDrive folder location.

    Hope this may help. :)
    Well, I do have .mov and .mp4 files intermixed with my .jpgs. I have multiple folders that I've got loaded, but the interface didn't pick up any of the video files that I know of. Funny (well, it really isn't!)...this wasn't such as big deal in Win 8.1. Looks like I'm going to have to re-arrange all my pictures and folders. Thanks for your help, Brink!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #6

    I'd test using a new folder with a couple of images in it first to make sure though.

    If you have secure sign-in enabled where you have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock, then that would cause the slide show to not play on your lock screen.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro Build 10586
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Brink said:
    I'd test using a new folder with a couple of images in it first to make sure though.

    If you have secure sign-in enabled where you have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock, then that would cause the slide show to not play on your lock screen.
    Well, I tried your suggestion....have 10 pictures in my Pictures folder selected. Still have the same single photo showing on all 3 screens as my desktop background. I do not have the Lock Screen activated. Ideas?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #8

    In that case, double check to see what the Interval DWORD value is set at. It may be set high for how often to change the picture.

    This will be in the yellow tip box at the bottom of option 5.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro Build 10586
    Thread Starter
       #9

    trying to get my picture slideshow-personalization.jpg

    Hope you can see this! It's set at 30000, which I believe is 30 seconds, correct?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #10

    Yep, that's 30 seconds.

    I must admit that I'm not sure why your lock screen (not sign-in screen) is not playing the slide show.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums