Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 677
    Windows 10 x64
       #11

    The Windows 10 title bar color is crap indeed, sorry to say. By default it is all white and it sometimes is really difficult to see differences when window panes are overlapping.
    Windows 10 has soo little features on as far as themes. I don't like black/dark ones, I don't like all kinds of pictures, but like soft gradient blue color ones. Windows 10 offers solid ones only.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 643
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #12

    Florida Rene said:
    Good Morning, Bobby. Here's my promised report on trying WinAero Tweaker and PPanel.

    WinAero Tweaker worked to change font in windows Title Bars. Excellent. Thank you for the suggestion.

    But it:
    • failed to adjust Title Bar height
    • did not adjust Icon separations either horiz or vert
    • completely knocked out my theme which Win10 Display won't restore now. Going back to a Restore Point didn't get it either.


    Funny thing is, my chosen theme is a photo in the Windows 10 and 7 options.
    What option exactly did you use to adjust the height? And are you using 0.3.1.1 version of Tweaker?

    I'm not sure by what Icons you are talking about.

    When you select to apply colored title bars as in Windows 8/8.1 it defaults to the default theme. You should be able to just click on the photo, right click, and set as background.

    EDIT - Also if you're not liking the changes it did just go back to each thing you applied, and click the Reset to defaults. See if that helps with your original theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is there someway to change titlebar text color?-.png  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 148
    Win 10 Pro - 1903
       #13

    Oh, how I wish you were right, Bobby!

    Yes, I'm using 0.3.1.1.
    Yes, I used the same Title Bar height spec you illustrated, but it did not take...twice.
    Yes, I tried right-clicking the photo, but it did not offer a "set as background choice" so I saved it, resaved it under another name, and neither worked. Grrrr. As frustrating as the Buccaneers' Offensive Line!
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 643
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #14

    Florida Rene said:
    Oh, how I wish you were right, Bobby!

    Yes, I'm using 0.3.1.1.
    Yes, I used the same Title Bar height spec you illustrated, but it did not take...twice.
    Yes, I tried right-clicking the photo, but it did not offer a "set as background choice" so I saved it, resaved it under another name, and neither worked. Grrrr. As frustrating as the Buccaneers' Offensive Line!
    See if you can reset all things in Tweaker back to defaults with the Reset to default button.

    Go to the full theme selection option (Theme settings under Themes), and see if your old theme that had the photo you wanted is there. If so click on it to see if it applies. If it is not there try selecting the default them to set all options back to the original Windows 10 theme. If that works hopefully you can try again either with your theme you had before trying Tweaker, or just try one option at a time to see what it does.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is there someway to change titlebar text color?-ts.png   Is there someway to change titlebar text color?-dt.png  
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 148
    Win 10 Pro - 1903
       #15

    Bobby Phoenix said:
    See if you can reset all things in Tweaker back to defaults with the Reset to default button.

    Go to the full theme selection option (Theme settings under Themes), and see if your old theme that had the photo you wanted is there. If so click on it to see if it applies. If it is not there try selecting the default them to set all options back to the original Windows 10 theme. If that works hopefully you can try again either with your theme you had before trying Tweaker, or just try one option at a time to see what it does.
    Thank you for sticking with me.

    "Reset to defaults" button didn't seem to do anything.

    Old theme IS in the collection. Clicking did nothing. Right click only offered Save and Save for Sharing.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 643
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #16

    Florida Rene said:
    Thank you for sticking with me.

    "Reset to defaults" button didn't seem to do anything.

    Old theme IS in the collection. Clicking did nothing. Right click only offered Save and Save for Sharing.
    Did you reboot to see if that did anything? What version of Windows are you on? Home/Pro? EDIT - I see Home in your specs.

    You could check one of these threads out. Seems it is common, but I've not had any issues.

    Can't change Background/Wallpaper... nothing happens - Windows 10 Forums

    Solved Desktop background - Windows 10 Forums

    I'll keep checking to see if I can help since I recommended Tweaker. I hate recommending something only for it to screw something up for someone.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 148
    Win 10 Pro - 1903
       #17

    Bobby Phoenix said:
    Did you reboot to see if that did anything? What version of Windows are you on? Home/Pro? EDIT - I see Home in your specs.

    You could check one of these threads out. Seems it is common, but I've not had any issues.

    Can't change Background/Wallpaper... nothing happens - Windows 10 Forums

    Solved Desktop background - Windows 10 Forums

    I'll keep checking to see if I can help since I recommended Tweaker. I hate recommending something only for it to screw something up for someone.
    Yes, I did reboot. Before and After going back via Restore Point. It's just not my day, Bobby. Gonna make a fat sandwich and grab a beer, and take a break. Thanks again.

    Where in Florida are you?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 643
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #18

    Florida Rene said:
    Yes, I did reboot. Before and After going back via Restore Point. It's just not my day, Bobby. Gonna make a fat sandwich and grab a beer, and take a break. Thanks again.

    Where in Florida are you?
    OK. I'll keep checking around. If I find something I'll post it ASAP. Sorry for the trouble it caused.

    I'm in Orlando. Disney!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 148
    Win 10 Pro - 1903
       #19

    Bobby Phoenix said:
    OK. I'll keep checking around. If I find something I'll post it ASAP. Sorry for the trouble it caused.

    I'm in Orlando. Disney!
    I appreciate your efforts. Just Restarted. No change. Complete ShutDown and Cold Boot yields no change either.

    TTFN...I'm northwest of Tampa.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 148
    Win 10 Pro - 1903
       #20

    Hi, Bobby...

    You will not believe what happened just now.

    I changed the display background to a ridiculous JPG that I had loitering around...and it took it.

    Then, on a whim, I clicked on my desired background, and VOILA! It worked!

    Don't ask me why...but I'm a happier camper now.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums