Page 93 of 198 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Mar 2015 #921
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional

    @ redstar57 :
    What's using up the other 102.2GB of C:?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    01 Mar 2015 #922
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 18
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    @ redstar57 :
    What's using up the other 102.2GB of C:?
    nothing emprty space before 2 weeks i had
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	41 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	13537 8.6 gb... and the twaek was no page file no system protection and my pc has these hardware Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (20).png 
Views:	31 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	13538 nothing more or less
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Mar 2015 #923
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 18
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Say what? These are the system requirements for Windows 10:

    you only have 3/4 of the size of a fresh clean virgin install.
    that is why i asked if its normal and my install was clean and virgin as well.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (21).png 
Views:	32 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	13539
    have a look at the windirstat .... friend
    Last edited by redstar57; 01 Mar 2015 at 20:29.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Mar 2015 #924
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Dude that's wild! But I guess its possible, there are parts of windows that stay zipped until a user decides to use them the first time, and if you uninstall enough apps, yeah why not, but I do recommend you turn pagefile back on with at least a fixed amount like 2-4GB, there are programs that need pagefile regardless if you have 2GB RAM or 32GB RAM. But other than that Im impressed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    02 Mar 2015 #925
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    69 Camaro!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	13551
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Mar 2015 #926
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 18
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Dude that's wild! But I guess its possible, there are parts of windows that stay zipped until a user decides to use them the first time, and if you uninstall enough apps, yeah why not, but I do recommend you turn pagefile back on with at least a fixed amount like 2-4GB, there are programs that need pagefile regardless if you have 2GB RAM or 32GB RAM. But other than that Im impressed.
    goodmorning friend .i dont know the zipped files inside windows its mystery to me..please tell me which programms need the pagefile extra memory ...cause anything i do the ram goes 20-25 % the most ...have a sunny day )
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Mar 2015 #927
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 246

    Quote Originally Posted by redstar57 View Post
    goodmorning friend .i dont know the zipped files inside windows its mystery to me..please tell me which programms need the pagefile extra memory ...cause anything i do the ram goes 20-25 % the most ...have a sunny day )
    Windows itself uses the pagefile for error messaging and dumps. M$ recommends at least 800MB for the page file, which is what I have mine set for.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Mar 2015 #928
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 16,934
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    69 Camaro!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	13551
    Very nice, Jeff!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Mar 2015 #929
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 18
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
    Windows itself uses the pagefile for error messaging and dumps. M$ recommends at least 800MB for the page file, which is what I have mine set for.
    ms recomends many things like using ie .... do u obay this? i dont !i also follow this tweak for ssd is they wrong ? ms want start menu with tales do u?? i dont i delete them ...ms use ugly icons do u ? i dont and so on many other things ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    02 Mar 2015 #930
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by redstar57 View Post
    ..please tell me which programms need the pagefile extra memory ...cause anything i do the ram goes 20-25 % the most ...have a sunny day )
    Virtual machines for one. Memory Dump when you have a BSOD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
General Tips Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10
How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for your work. When you open...
Tutorials
Desktop PCs and the Windows desktop: Endangered species?
Read more at: Desktop PCs and the Windows desktop: Endangered species? | ZDNet AmF_izdlsvY
Windows 10 News
ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu
Hello! Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize all my crap and switch to desktop with ALT+TAB (got to use WINKEY + D) Also any ideas how to get...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums