Windows 10: Show Us Your Desktop


  1. Posts : 713
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       10 Feb 2015 #701

    Forest theme
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deskwin10.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	12350
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 713
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       10 Feb 2015 #702

    csenger41 said: View Post
    This topic should be called "Show Us Your Wallpaper"...
    I thought it's about customized desktops, not just backgrounds.
    We're flexible
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 8,313
    Windows 10 Professional
       10 Feb 2015 #703

    csenger41 said: View Post
    This topic should be called "Show Us Your Wallpaper"...
    I thought it's about customized desktops, not just backgrounds.
    K, here's my 'custom desktop', (sort of!), with and without the wallpaper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000031.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    10 Feb 2015 #704

    Vladimir said: View Post
    csenger41 said: View Post
    This topic should be called "Show Us Your Wallpaper"...
    I thought it's about customized desktops, not just backgrounds.
    We're flexible
    And the wallpaper is part of the desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Anniversary
       11 Feb 2015 #705

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Vladimir said: View Post
    csenger41 said: View Post
    This topic should be called "Show Us Your Wallpaper"...
    I thought it's about customized desktops, not just backgrounds.
    We're flexible
    And the wallpaper is part of the desktop.
    Not a problem, but a little bit disappointing... :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Feb 2015 #706

    csenger41 said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Vladimir said: View Post
    csenger41 said: View Post
    This topic should be called "Show Us Your Wallpaper"...
    I thought it's about customized desktops, not just backgrounds.
    We're flexible
    And the wallpaper is part of the desktop.
    Not a problem, but a little bit disappointing... :/

    Just how is it .. "disappointing"??
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Anniversary
       11 Feb 2015 #707

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Just how is it .. "disappointing"??
    Just because I thought this topic is about somehow customized desktops, not just default everything with only a custom background.
    I like customizing, adding functionality, etc. I was hoping this is about something like this.
    But then I guess the topic would be almost empty, since not many people do it... :S
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Feb 2015 #708

    csenger41 said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Just how is it .. "disappointing"??
    Just because I thought this topic is about somehow customized desktops, not just default everything with only a custom background.
    I like customizing, adding functionality, etc. I was hoping this is about something like this.
    But then I guess the topic would be almost empty, since not many people do it... :S
    Here, check this thread out: User Created Windows Ten Wallpapers

    I think this is what you're looking for.
    HTH a bit,
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,313
    Windows 10 Professional
       11 Feb 2015 #709

    csenger41 said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Just how is it .. "disappointing"??
    Just because I thought this topic is about somehow customized desktops, not just default everything with only a custom background.
    I like customizing, adding functionality, etc. I was hoping this is about something like this.
    But then I guess the topic would be almost empty, since not many people do it... :S
    I wouldn't mind seeing a 'Custom Shells' thread, I love seeing what users can accomplish in that respect.
    Myself, I'm more geared to performance so, I'd be more apt to stripping the shell down rather than fancying it up.
    I think it might be kinda tough finding or creating a custom shell to work flawlessly in W10TP seeing as how the native shell is so screwed up in the first place.
    But, by all means, if you've got something to share, throw it up here, we'd love to see it!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit Anniversary
       11 Feb 2015 #710

    Edwin said: View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a 'Custom Shells' thread, I love seeing what users can accomplish in that respect.
    Myself, I'm more geared to performance so, I'd be more apt to stripping the shell down rather than fancying it up.
    I think it might be kinda tough finding or creating a custom shell to work flawlessly in W10TP seeing as how the native shell is so screwed up in the first place.
    But, by all means, if you've got something to share, throw it up here, we'd love to see it!
    What do you mean by "Custom Shell"?
    Could you explain it a little better? What I understood is something like disabling services, animations, etc?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for your work. When you open...
Read more at: Desktop PCs and the Windows desktop: Endangered species? | ZDNet AmF_izdlsvY
Hello! Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize all my crap and switch to desktop with ALT+TAB (got to use WINKEY + D) Also any ideas how to get...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.
Find Us