Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Aug 2015 #1

    Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?


    hello.

    I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility to customize this list or to re-add the function?
    I don't want to use "recently added apps" or something like that ...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG 
Views:	354 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	28656

    greets.christian
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,477
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       05 Aug 2015 #2

    Hello Christian,

    That would be the "Most used" group on your Start menu.

    Start Menu Most Used Apps - Add or Remove in Windows 10

    You can't add anything to "Most used" since it'll only show recent apps, but you can add or remove items in All apps if you like.

    All apps in Start menu - Add or Remove Items in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Aug 2015 #3

    Brink said: View Post
    You can't add anything to "Most used" since it'll only show recent apps, but you can add or remove items in All apps if you like.
    This is exactly what I want. I want to add MY choice of programs to this menu ... sadly Microsoft has removed this feature within the preview. Hopefully someone finds a workaround ...


    PS: adding something to the All Apps isn't very useful for me
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Aug 2015 #4

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Christian,

    That would be the "Most used" group on your Start menu.

    Start Menu Most Used Apps - Add or Remove in Windows 10

    You can't add anything to "Most used" since it'll only show recent apps, but you can add or remove items in All apps if you like.

    All apps in Start menu - Add or Remove Items in Windows 10
    Brink is 6 most can be put here ? Assume if you remove on, one will take it's place and so on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,477
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       05 Aug 2015 #5

    jds63 said: View Post
    Brink is 6 most can be put here ? Assume if you remove on, one will take it's place and so on.
    I haven't seen any documentation on limits yet, but yeah mine shows up to 6 has well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Aug 2015 #6

    cmoe said: View Post
    This is exactly what I want. I want to add MY choice of programs to this menu ... sadly Microsoft has removed this feature within the preview. Hopefully someone finds a workaround ...


    PS: adding something to the All Apps isn't very useful for me

    Strange how it once was here in preview and they removed it. If programs you want there are only Most used, then i assume only way to get them there is to use them often, might sound like a silly way.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Aug 2015 #7

    Brink said: View Post
    I haven't seen any documentation on limits yet, but yeah mine shows up to 6 has well.
    o.k. thanks, as figured if remove one, it will replace one as seen as most used program, you are using.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Aug 2015 #8

    jds63 said: View Post
    Strange how it once was here in preview and they removed it. If programs you want there are only Most used, then i assume only way to get them there is to use them often, might sound like a silly way.
    Yeah it is strange for me ... perhaps they will add it again with the next update.

    The problem is that the programs I want to appear on the top of the left side aren't my "most used apps". Those apps are on my Taskbar. But there are some other programs and folders I want to have a quick access to ... without opening the Explorer :-)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Aug 2015 #9

    cmoe said: View Post
    Yeah it is strange for me ... perhaps they will add it again with the next update.

    The problem is that the programs I want to appear on the top of the left side aren't my "most used apps". Those apps are on my Taskbar. But there are some other programs and folders I want to have a quick access to ... without opening the Explorer :-)
    I understand, truthfully will be a service pack this month, may bring this back. Going to say before if had it on taskbar or use a shortcut on desktop, but i get if want to be clutter free too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,477
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       05 Aug 2015 #10

    cmoe said: View Post
    Yeah it is strange for me ... perhaps they will add it again with the next update.

    The problem is that the programs I want to appear on the top of the left side aren't my "most used apps". Those apps are on my Taskbar. But there are some other programs and folders I want to have a quick access to ... without opening the Explorer :-)
    If you like, you can also "Pin to Start" apps you want.

    'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?
I've tried the tutorial Here and it does not work. I'm trying to add the app 'DotA 2' and have put it in the \programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and then restarted my PC. It is still not showing up. ...
Software and Apps
Solved Cannot Customize Start Menu
Hello all, I have looked throughout the forums and I cannot seem to find an answer to my problem, or anyone else with the same problem. I just downloaded and installed Windows 10 between last night and this morning. Everything was going great,...
General Support
Solved Unable to customize Start menu
Hello everyone. I am trying to customize my Start menu but am unable to do so. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thank you!
Customization
[Help] Start Menu All Apps - List vs Groups
Win10 forams plz halp mi. Iz ther a wai tu maek all apps list insted of groups (0-9, A, B, etc.)? when wif win7 i crated mi own foldrs in all aps menu. pls wni10 farum halp mi.
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums