How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 50
    10
       #1

    How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?


    This is my second or third time posting about this same issue but I have not had any response so hoping maybe this time I get one, any tips or guides or anything for me to further research.
    I have had no issues with background changes, it used to take less than a second for it to change, I have not changed any method, any app or anything that comes into mind, but now when I try to change a wallpaper by right clicking on a picture and select "set as desktop background" it takes about 5-10 second and its really disturbing.

    What could be the issue and how could I fix or look into?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 50
    10
    Thread Starter
       #2

    No response again?
      My Computer

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,809
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #3

    pezhmank said:
    ... now when I try to change a wallpaper by right clicking on a picture and select "set as desktop background" it takes about 5-10 second and its really disturbing.
    Is the picture a local file on your PC, or is it a picture on a web page? If it's on the web, then the delay could be due to the webserver taking its time to let you have the picture.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 50
    10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Bree said:
    Is the picture a local file on your PC, or is it a picture on a web page? If it's on the web, then the delay could be due to the webserver taking its time to let you have the picture.
    Thanks for the response, Its a local file picture.
      My Computer

  5. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,693
    Windows Home Dev 21xxx x64
       #5
      My Computer

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,809
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #6

    pezhmank said:
    Thanks for the response, Its a local file picture.
    Is the picture resolution significantly larger than the desktop, and have you selected 'fit', 'stretch' or 'fill' in Personalization>Background? Could be the processing necessary to resize it. What time does it take if you select 'center'? Are all pictures taking this time, or are small ones quicker?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 50
    10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    TairikuOkami said:
    Did that and no improvement.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 50
    10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Bree said:
    Is the picture resolution significantly larger than the desktop, and have you selected 'fit', 'stretch' or 'fill' in Personalization>Background? Could be the processing necessary to resize it. What time does it take if you select 'center'? Are all pictures taking this time, or are small ones quicker?
    I have taken a small resolution picture 1280x800 and have tested every setting (stretch, center,etc...) and no improvement or change sadly.
      My Computer

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,158
    Windows 10
       #9

    pezhmank said:
    I have taken a small resolution picture 1280x800 and have tested every setting (stretch, center,etc...) and no improvement or change sadly.
    Maybe Defender is scanning the item and the execution thereof.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 50
    10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Edwin said:
    Maybe Defender is scanning the item and the execution thereof.
    Windows defender has been turned off, I have avast installed, I did disable it to test though, but no change or improvement by disabling it.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums