1.    02 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Is it possible to change the "color intensity" of the taskbar?


    Hi everyone, I'm liking what I see about Windows 10 so far, but one thing that does bother me is the vibrancy of the colors of the start menu and task bar. I would prefer a more pastel color theme, but so far I haven't been able to find how to do that. I've tried following the second half of this guide (basically, just run "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced") to get to the old style "Show color mixer" menu. And that menu does in fact have sliders for "color intensity" or "saturation." The problem is, adjusting those sliders doesn't seem to actually change anything.

    So is it possible with Windows 10 to actually change this color option? And if so, I'd appreciate any advice on how to do so. Thanks in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,806
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Hello Reggie, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    First, you'll need to turn on showing color on taskbar. Afterwards, you'll be able to change the color to a custom color you want.

    Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    (step 5) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    Last edited by Brink; 02 Aug 2015 at 14:22.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    02 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Reggie, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    First, you'll need to turn on showing color on taskbar. Afterwards, you'll be able to change the color to a custom color you want.


    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

    (step 5) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    The advice you give is helpful for changing the hue of the taskbar and start menu. What I'm looking for is help changing the saturation or intensity of the color. For example, see the two attached screen shots. Note that in one, the "color intensity" and "saturation are both set to very high, and in the other they are both set to very low. But in both cases, the color of the task bar doesn't change. One would expect the high saturation to be more vibrant, and the low saturation to be more grey or washed out, but I can't figure out how to actually do that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Saturation.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	27870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Low Saturation.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	27871
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,806
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    I'm afraid that I'm not aware of a way yet for that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    02 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 26
    Windows

    Looks like there's a cap on those values that prevents it from being outside of certain ranges. :\
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Preppy View Post
    Looks like there's a cap on those values that prevents it from being outside of certain ranges. :\
    Would you happen to know if is that the sort of cap that could be changed in the registry or by some other means? Or is it hard coded into the operating system?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,504
    Windows 10 Professional

    The 'classic' color sliders don't seem to be working properly in 10240.

    In previous Builds, a Registry tweak called 'TaskbarColorOverride' worked but doesn't in 10240; I'm trying to figure out why!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	27989
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    07 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    s60v3

    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    The advice you give is helpful for changing the hue of the taskbar and start menu. What I'm looking for is help changing the saturation or intensity of the color. For example, see the two attached screen shots. Note that in one, the "color intensity" and "saturation are both set to very high, and in the other they are both set to very low. But in both cases, the color of the task bar doesn't change. One would expect the high saturation to be more vibrant, and the low saturation to be more grey or washed out, but I can't figure out how to actually do that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Saturation.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	27870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Low Saturation.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	27871
    Hello


    What you did to appear this saturation menu in Windows 10 ? here in my version 10240 there is not this menu and the transparency of the taskbar is very tiny, like a solid color..


    thank you for any help
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,806
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by toddynho View Post
    Hello


    What you did to appear this saturation menu in Windows 10 ? here in my version 10240 there is not this menu and the transparency of the taskbar is very tiny, like a solid color..


    thank you for any help
    Hello Toddynho, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The tutorial below can help show you how to.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    17 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7/10

    Hello

    I'd like to change those color options as well.
    Has anyone found a solution for that yet?

    Or is it maybe possible to manually add a custom color to those shown by default or replace one of them?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar
Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do...
Customization
Solved Taskbar color - build 9926
In build 9926 it seems that the Windows Taskbar transparency is gone. Which, for me, is not a good thing. On the positive side, we've gained control over taskbar color through registry keys: To change the Taskbar color add DWORD:...
Customization
Change taskbar color to white in Windows 10
Before upgrading to Windows 10 (I had 8.1), my taskbar was a transparent white. When I upgraded, it was the default black color. For some reason, even if I change the color in Personalize, it stays gray. I want it to be white. How can I fix this?
Customization
Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar
To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will modify the solid color chosen above that also modifies...
Customization
Taskbar Color Override (In W10TP)
As you may have noticed, in Windows 10 Technical Preview - Build 9926, the taskbar, in most cases, seems to retain a much darker shade of color regardless of the color settings you choose. Here's some 'loose' instructions to override the default...
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums