Windows 10: Can't Change Custom Color

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1.    30 Dec 2017 #31

    What do you see here?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	170103
    - i.e. do you have any installed programs?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 450
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
    Thread Starter
       30 Dec 2017 #32

    dalchina said: View Post
    What do you see here?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	170103
    - i.e. do you have any installed programs?
    Sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	8 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	170107
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    30 Dec 2017 #33

    Ok, it's possible you haven't installed programs that have added shell extensions as seen by Shellexview (there are more off your list, but not many).

    Whilst you could compare processes running between the two different users, you've already noted the same thing occurs in Safe Mode. However, even in Safe Mode sometimes there are odd things running - e.g. a driver- that you wouldn't expect.

    Increasingly this looks like a possibly unfixable user profile corruption, unless you can identify a specific difference between the user accounts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 450
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
    Thread Starter
       30 Dec 2017 #34

    dalchina said: View Post
    Ok, it's possible you haven't installed programs that have added shell extensions as seen by Shellexview (there are more off your list, but not many).

    Whilst you could compare processes running between the two different users, you've already noted the same thing occurs in Safe Mode. However, even in Safe Mode sometimes there are odd things running - e.g. a driver- that you wouldn't expect.

    Increasingly this looks like a possibly unfixable user profile corruption, unless you can identify a specific difference between the user accounts.
    Perhaps process explorer, can give me an idea of what's running and then try to compare the two?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    30 Dec 2017 #35

    If you want you can enable local build in Administrator account to test if problem persist within Administrator user account.

    Please open the Command Prompt as a administrator.

    Within Command Prompt execute below command to enable build in Administrator account.

    Code:
    Net User Administrator  /Active:yes
    You can now sign out of your user account and login to build in Administrator user account.

    You can disable build in Administrator user account by executing below command.


    Code:
    Net User Administrator  /Active:no
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 450
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
    Thread Starter
       30 Dec 2017 #36

    FreeBooter said: View Post
    If you want you can enable local build in Administrator account to test if problem persist within Administrator user account.

    Please open the Command Prompt as a administrator.

    Within Command Prompt execute below command to enable build in Administrator account.

    Code:
    Net User Administrator  /Active:yes

    You can now sign out of your user account and login to build in Administrator user account.

    You can disable build in Administrator user account by executing below command.


    Code:
    Net User Administrator  /Active:no
    I enabled the built in admin account and signed into it to test this issue.
    The custom color picker works as it should, without any issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    30 Dec 2017 #37

    Your user account is corrupted you should create new user account. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.


    You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created. You can use build in Administrator user account to copy your personal files from corrupted user account to new user account.


    Log on to Administrator user account after creating new user account.



    Open Control Panel --> Folder Options.



    Click the View tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.



    Clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, click Yes to confirm, and then click OK.






    Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.
    Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

    Ntuser.dat

    Ntuser.dat.log

    Ntuser.ini



    Click the Edit menu, and then click Copy.
    If you don't see the Edit menu, press Alt.
    Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New Username is the name of the new user profile you created.
    Click the Edit menu, and then click Paste.
    If you don't see the Edit menu, press Alt.
    Log off, and then log back on as the new user.
    If you have email messages in an email program, you must import your email messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old profile. If everything is working properly, you can delete the old profile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    30 Dec 2017 #38

    Just wondering, in the account you're currently using, is UAC off?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 450
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
    Thread Starter
       30 Dec 2017 #39

    dalchina said: View Post
    Just wondering, in the account you're currently using, is UAC off?
    Yes, I always have it off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 450
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
    Thread Starter
       30 Dec 2017 #40

    FreeBooter said: View Post
    Your user account is corrupted you should create new user account. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.


    You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created. You can use build in Administrator user account to copy your personal files from corrupted user account to new user account.


    Log on to Administrator user account after creating new user account.



    Open Control Panel --> Folder Options.



    Click the View tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.



    Clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, click Yes to confirm, and then click OK.






    Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.
    Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

    Ntuser.dat

    Ntuser.dat.log

    Ntuser.ini



    Click the Edit menu, and then click Copy.
    If you don't see the Edit menu, press Alt.
    Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New Username is the name of the new user profile you created.
    Click the Edit menu, and then click Paste.
    If you don't see the Edit menu, press Alt.
    Log off, and then log back on as the new user.
    If you have email messages in an email program, you must import your email messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old profile. If everything is working properly, you can delete the old profile.
    Thanks for this.
    I copied your instructions, but I need to try and corrected/fixed this, before I start copying and pasting old to new.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Related Threads
Hey guys, This is my first post here!:) So, I've run into some trouble with Win 10. I was trying to totally black out my win10 and for that I had to install custom themes and stuff but I had an issue where some parts of the theme would revert back...
When selecting a custom color the taskbar does not change. So far the top bar on explorer and windows media center change, and so does google chrome. Just checked and the top bar on the settings app also does not change. Henry
How do I make my own custom color for the desktop background in W10? It was super easy in W7 and W8, but now doesn't seem to exist the way that it used to. I only see pre-existing color tiles (that aren't the color I want) in the Solid Color option...
Hello All, I have created a color profile using a colorimeter which I then set as default. However whenever I restart my laptop the profile reverts to the original Windows default. It's strange, because upon startup the screen is using my custom...
I followed this article which used registry editor to change color: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-custom-color-for-taskbar-windows-10 But for me it is not working properly, the color does not change and if changes, the start menu color does...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.
Find Us