Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]

  1. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,580
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 21H1 (19043.1023
       #1671

    badrobot said:
    I also bough a car online last year. It's brand new from factory so there is really nothing to worry about scratches or anything. In fact, there's hardly enough kilometers to it 7 months after I picked it up (COD).

    Attachment 336267
    Remote Start from phone here as well via the FordPass app ...

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-screenshot_20210616-092451_fordpass.jpg

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-2017-ford-fusion-platinum.jpg
      My Computers

  2. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,270
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #1672

    sygnus21 said:
    Remote Start from phone here as well via the FordPass app ...

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-screenshot_20210616-092451_fordpass.jpg

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-2017-ford-fusion-platinum.jpg
    Noice!
    I've been personalizing mine a little bit.. it's fully paid so I am free to make it "my own". ��

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-img_20210616_224629.jpg
      My Computer

  3. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,580
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 21H1 (19043.1023
       #1673

    Being today's cars becoming rolling computers I bought this... OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner and also the FORScan software to work with the scanner.

    OBDLink is a diagnostic scan tool that not only reads all the computer operated systems (Modules) in your car, but will also allow you to reprogram certain vehicle features or options, and this is where the FORScan software comes in. You'll need a license to unlock all the features though, including reprogramming.

    OBDLink does provide a free phone app (Google or Apple store) allowing you to get a lot of real time information on your phone. You can't reprogram though. FORScan is Windows based only. Works under Windows 10.

    Anyway, this is all new to me so I'm being extremely cautious before do anything. I did however buy the kit cause I wanted to enable daytime running lights on my car. In a brief run-through I was certainly presented with multiple options. That said, just prior to receiving the kit I discovered the headlight's accent lighting is being used as my DRL's, and since I like it I've not made any changes (yet). There are other modules for locks, horn, lights, and other stuff. It's also a great way to kill your car if you don't know what you're doing.

    BTW while the scanner supports multiple car vendors, in quoting FORScan.... "is designed especially for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles", so... there's also a FORScan forum.
      My Computers

  4. A Guy's Avatar
    Posts : 32,687
    Windows 10 Home x64 21H1
       #1674

    You have joined the ranks of Black Car owners, I hope your detailing supplies abound

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-018.jpg

    A Guy
      My Computers

  5. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,855
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #1675

    I had two black cars in my life (1970 and 1971 Mustangs) and never again, you could see every speck of dust on them !
      My Computers

  6. A Guy's Avatar
    Posts : 32,687
    Windows 10 Home x64 21H1
       #1676

    You don't say!

    A Guy
      My Computers

  7. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,855
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #1677

    A Guy said:
    You don't say!

    A Guy
    I just did I even tried flat and jet black and got it even worse. My GF has black Mercedes and comes mostly for me to wash it, now I hate it even worse.
      My Computers

  8. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 4,013
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #1678

    I've got mine fitted with a Bluetooth Adaptor which allows me to monitor most of the important readings on my Smartphone in real time when driving, this doesn't give me modification access but it's good to see the silly things that were always available in the good old days - Intake Temp Vacuum status (including Turbo Boost) Etc

    Currently limping along with 220 BHP/Ton around 60BHP up from Stock, at 285 BHP. I do have a local specialist or two that can remap the ECU, but last time I tried the car was unmanageable and went through tyre rubber quite quickly Got the 0-60 to less than 6 secs and more importantly mid range, is great for overtaking though not popular with the Reps in their BMWs
      My Computers

  9. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,580
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 21H1 (19043.1023
       #1679

    A Guy said:
    You have joined the ranks of Black Car owners, I hope your detailing supplies abound
    CountMike said:
    I had two black cars in my life (1970 and 1971 Mustangs) and never again, you could see every speck of dust on them !
    This is my third black car. My first was a 1983 Black Mustang back in 1985. My second one was a 2004 Lincoln, and now this one. They're beautiful when clean, not so much when dirty. And yeah, I just stocked up on detailing supplies

    Barman58 said:
    I've got mine fitted with a Bluetooth Adaptor which allows me to monitor most of the important readings on my Smartphone in real time when driving, this doesn't give me modification access but it's good to see the silly things that were always available in the good old days - Intake Temp Vacuum status (including Turbo Boost) Etc
    Yeah, the OBDLink is designed to do the same. Which one do you have? The OBDLink is tiny...

    Order Placed! - (Your latest online purchase.) [2]-obdlink.jpg

    Barman58 said:
    Currently limping along with 220 BHP/Ton around 60BHP up from Stock, at 285 BHP. I do have a local specialist or two that can remap the ECU, but last time I tried the car was unmanageable and went through tyre rubber quite quickly Got the 0-60 to less than 6 secs and more importantly mid range, is great for overtaking though not popular with the Reps in their BMWs
    My engine a 2.0 Liter Ecoboost Twin Turbo capable of producing 245 HP @ 275 foot pound of torque. Not the speediest but good enough for me.

    And yeah, you need to be careful otherwise you'll cause more issues than good.
      My Computers

  10. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 4,013
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #1680

    I have two, the tiny one is left in place and is invisible from the driver, and anyone else behind the Dash Been there since 2016 working fine with my personal favourite Android App DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

    LYL(R) super mini Bluetooth Scan Tool OBD2 OBDII Scanner for TORQUE APP ANDROID: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

    I also have a more conventional one with a display that is more robust than a phone

    ANCEL AD410 OBD II Vehicle Check Engine Light Scan Tool Automotive Code Reader Auto OBD2 Scanner with I/M Readiness (Black-Red): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums