Are most forum members IT professionals?


  1. Posts : 1,337
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    Are most forum members IT professionals?


    I'm constantly impressed by the level of knowledge of forum members. And many of them mention their clients. So I was wondering, are mostly members here IT professionals? (I am NOT, just an interested "civilian.")
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 26,342
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #2

    x509 said:
    ....I was wondering, are mostly members here IT professionals? (I am NOT, just an interested "civilian.")

    I am, or at least was until I retired some 15 years ago. Worked for an IT support company that provided server and desktop support to businesses small and large.

    Now support is my hobby
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 14,149
    Windows10
       #3

    I believe most are seasoned Windows users from a variety of walks of life. In my opinion, those who say they are IT professionals have never actually used Windows in anger, and are not representative of most users here.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,337
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #4

    cereberus said:
    I believe most are seasoned Windows users from a variety of walks of life. In my opinion, those who say they are IT professionals have never actually used Windows in anger, and are not representative of most users here.
    Using Windows in "anger?"
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 14,149
    Windows10
       #5

    x509 said:
    Using Windows in "anger?"
    British expression - means actually using it rather than faffing around admiring it.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,337
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #6

    cereberus said:
    British expression - means actually using it rather than faffing around admiring it.
    Well, crikey. For about 8-9 years, I would go to London at least twice a year on business. Plus a whole bunch of trips to the UK as a tourist. Plus watching a bunch of BBC shows here in the US on PBS, but that expression is new to me.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 95
    Win 10 and 11
       #7

    I am not an IT professional. I am an engineer, which means that I am one of the dumbest people on the forum and I won't listen to advice.

    lol
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 7,518
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #8

    I am a scavenger and certainly the dumbest one.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,337
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Matthew Wai said:
    I am a scavenger and certainly the dumbest one.
    Considering your other posts, I would say that you are actually quite smart.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums