Last One To Post Wins [191]

  1. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 20,545
    Mint 20.2
       #741

    Caledon Ken said:
    If they think a lot of people stayed on 7 after support ended wait until they see how many stay on 10


    I have lots of seniors and they are either just going to use / buy a tablet of say forget about it.
    Or do like me just move to Linux.
      My Computer

  2. WXC's Avatar
    WXC
    Posts : 1,930
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H1 19043.1110
       #742

    OldMike65 said:
    Both my rigs are custom made by me ....so I would mainly need a new motherboard ...maybe new memory.

    Good news, for you Mike.

    'No hill, for a climber.'
      My Computer

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 41,399
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #743

    Josey Wales said:
    How does one Get TPM 2.0 in a Smart Phone without buying one from MS?
    No idea. I thought they were out of the Smart Phone market now anyway.
      My Computer

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,190
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.100
       #744

    I am getting no support from MS now so if they stop it in 2025 it will not affect me. There are users still on XP. I am in The Insider BETA Channel and everything I report goes in one Bots ear and out the other. Linux is also an Option. I will be pushing 77 in 2025 so, not all that concerned about Win 11.
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,190
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.100
       #745

    kado897 said:
    No idea. I thought they were out of the Smart Phone market now anyway.
    Does not mean they can't get back in. Win 11 resembles Apple (MAC) and Apple is in it.
      My Computer

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 41,399
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #746

    Josey Wales said:
    I am getting no support from MS now so if they stop it in 2025 it will not affect me. There are users still on XP. I am in The Insider BETA Channel and everything I report goes in one Bots ear and out the other. Linux is also an Option. I will be pushing 77 in 2025 so, not all that concerned about Win 11.
    By support they mean security updates.
      My Computer

  7. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 20,545
    Mint 20.2
       #747

    kado897 said:
    Linux Mint is fairly close to Windows in the way it looks.
    Yep I have been running it for a couple of years now and I like it better than Windows.
      My Computer

  8. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 20,545
    Mint 20.2
       #748

    WXC said:
    Yes, I have read a good deal about Mint. From all accounts, it is easier to learn/work with, than most Distros.
    And it comes with most everything most users need without having to install anything extra with NO crapware from an OEM. Updates M$ need to learn from Mint no long reboot times required and the only time I am nagged for a reboot is when there is a new Kernal install.
      My Computer

  9. WXC's Avatar
    WXC
    Posts : 1,930
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H1 19043.1110
       #749

    labeeman said:
    Yep I have been running it for a couple of years now and I like it better than Windows.
    labeeman said:
    And it comes with most everything most users need without having to install any thing extra with NO crap ware form a OEM.

    That's reassuring. Good information, Charlie.

    Thank you.
      My Computer

  10. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,190
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.100
       #750

    kado897 said:
    By support they mean security updates.
    Well Then it will be either Mint. MX Linux or PClinuxOS for me or maybe all 3.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums