The Raspberry Pi Thread [6]

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
  1. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,179
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #301

    pico RGB Keypad Base


    tinkered briefly with my RGB keypad ,using the Pimoroni samples .. nuttin fancy .the white changed to blue when pressed .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Raspberry Pi Thread [6]-20210612_222258.jpg   The Raspberry Pi Thread [6]-20210612_222338.jpg  
    Last edited by caperjack; 13 Jun 2021 at 13:52. Reason: add picture
      My Computer

  2. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #302

    It looks cool. Macro keypad would be what I think I would do with one.

    I haven't done much of anything the last couple of days. Just not in the right frame of mind. Starting to get the itch to get back at it though. I'd get some stuff done early on in the day out on my back deck if it wasn't so dam cold in the morning.
      My Computer

  3. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,179
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #303

    yeah, not doing much myself ,and it is still chilly in the morning ,nice for mowing the grass though, I was looking for a macro keyboard file ,haven't found it/one yet ,but I'm sure I seen one somewhere .
    alphanumeric said:
    It looks cool. Macro keypad would be what I think I would do with one.

    I haven't done much of anything the last couple of days. Just not in the right frame of mind. Starting to get the itch to get back at it though. I'd get some stuff done early on in the day out on my back deck if it wasn't so dam cold in the morning.
      My Computer

  4. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,179
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #304
      My Computer

  5. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #305

    The keybow stuff would likely work. As far as I know its just a less expensive version?
    keybow2040-circuitpython/hid-keys-simple.py at master . pimoroni/keybow2040-circuitpython . GitHub
      My Computer

  6. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #306

    Jack, do you own an Pico Explorer Base? I ask because I have one that I don't really need anymore, that I would trade you for the RGB Keypad. If your interested. I'm thinking you would make better use of the Explorer Base than the RGB Keypad. Just a thought?
    I have a Pico Breakout Garden Base on the way, which is what I originally wanted. It was listed as coming soon so I settled on the Explorer Base.
    The Breakout garden Base is more suited to what I want to do, two SPI and four i2c.
    The Explorer only has two i2c, but it does already have a nice big LCD and some other stuff. I know at some point I'll need more than two i2c sockets.
      My Computer

  7. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,179
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #307

    I do have the Explorer Base, might not hurt to own 2, after all I own many ,many Pi's and only one does anything all day long [the sense hat] I want to tinker a bit longer,[tinkering today might be enough ] maybe with the RGB Keypad, But I will be in Sydney tomorrow ,so what I can do is lend it to you so you can see if It works the way you think it does. and truth is ,I could make better use of a hammer and a bag of nails ,than all the Pi stuff I own, LOL


    alphanumeric said:
    Jack, do you own an Pico Explorer Base? I ask because I have one that I don't really need anymore, that I would trade you for the RGB Keypad. If your interested. I'm thinking you would make better use of the Explorer Base than the RGB Keypad. Just a thought?
    I have a Pico Breakout Garden Base on the way, which is what I originally wanted. It was listed as coming soon so I settled on the Explorer Base.
    The Breakout garden Base is more suited to what I want to do, two SPI and four i2c.
    The Explorer only has two i2c, but it does already have a nice big LCD and some other stuff. I know at some point I'll need more than two i2c sockets.
      My Computer

  8. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #308

    OK, I wasn't sure. Hang on to the RGB Keyboard, you might actually find a god use for it. I have a bunch of other projects on the go I want to tackle first. If you actually decide you don't want it I'll make you a a good deal for it, might even pay cash.
      My Computer

  9. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,179
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #309

    I changed my mind , I will do the original trade offer. decided I do want another Pico Explorer Base .

    alphanumeric said:
    OK, I wasn't sure. Hang on to the RGB Keyboard, you might actually find a god use for it. I have a bunch of other projects on the go I want to tackle first. If you actually decide you don't want it I'll make you a a good deal for it, might even pay cash.
      My Computer

  10. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #310

    caperjack said:
    I changed my mind , I will do the original trade offer. decided I do want another Pico Explorer Base .
    Ok, that works for me. If your sure your fine with having two Explorer bases? I don't mind giving you cash if that's better for you. Anything I do on my Breakout Garden will run on the Explorer, so I'll have some code for you to try out down the road. It should be just minor edits to change what pins the PICO uses for SPI and i2c. I have the i2c pins already figured out. Figuring out the SPI shouldn't be a big deal, the examples likey point out what pins are used.
    I've been sidetracked with doing some gardening / planting flowers for Carolyn. And working on putting up some fence in the back yard so I don't have to tie Missy up when I let her out. I hope to be done with that by the end of the week.
      My Computer


 
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums