The Raspberry Pi Thread [6]

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
  1. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,206
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #181

    Actually, on the plus side, this is the first real proof that they actually sent me something. Now its hurry up and wait time to see what's in the box, and if all this hassle was actually worth it?
    My Pimoroni stuff didn't come either so nothing much to do but wait for that also. That's coming snail mail so that's Monday at the earliest.
    Also pouring rain outside so no afternoon walk with the dog. Time for some.
      My Computer

  2. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,142
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #182

    maybe they'll catch a big headwind and blow-in over night lol , you even got me excited
    wish I could join you in ,but i don't have your control, so I had to quit yrs ago ,except for a six pack of beer on special occasions ,enjoy

    alphanumeric said:
    Actually, on the plus side, this is the first real proof that they actually sent me something. Now its hurry up and wait time to see what's in the box, and if all this hassle was actually worth it?
    My Pimoroni stuff didn't come either so nothing much to do but wait for that also. That's coming snail mail so that's Monday at the earliest.
    Also pouring rain outside so no afternoon walk with the dog. Time for some.
    Last edited by caperjack; 30 Apr 2021 at 18:15.
      My Computer

  3. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,142
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #183

    the servos in the box have same brand name as the robots creators ., they don't look exactly like that ,UBTEC , UBT-H04 https://synthiam.com/uploads/imagesr...7928684605.png
    alphanumeric said:
    Robotics used to be quit pricey, anything with servos in it. Now its actually pretty affordable. Toys wise anyway. They don't need super pricy super accurate servo's.
    Last edited by caperjack; 30 Apr 2021 at 18:16.
      My Computer

  4. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,142
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #184

    did you see what's on sale -- Raspberry Pi Pico Pimoroni must be coming out with a new better model ,lol
    Last edited by caperjack; 02 May 2021 at 22:11.
      My Computer

  5. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,142
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #185

    Good morning, sunny, but we could use a few a few more notches on the Celsius gage in my kitchen window ,
    just wonder did you get one of the Pimoroni Tiny2040 Tiny 2040 Pimoroni

    and this looks cool, and I'm sure very, very use full

    ATMegaZero ESP32-S2 board supports OLED displays - CNX Software
    Last edited by caperjack; 03 May 2021 at 09:46.
      My Computer

  6. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,206
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #186

    It wouldn't surprise me to see a new official PICO with a Run Button added, show up. No I don't have a Tiny 2040, not yet anyway. It's on my wish list. If your careful you can cut a PICO down to about 3/4 its size. You can cut 6 rows of pins off the end with the Pi LOGO on it. It's not a multi layer board, its only double sided, track wise. The tracks you see on the surface are all that's there. It won't be as small as the tiny, but it will work with the PICO Lipo shim, the Tiny won't as it has a different pinout than the PICO.
      My Computer

  7. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,142
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #187

    thanks for that info ,, not planning on buying one now ,lol I'm done buying for a long time now, I hope ,lol gonna try my best anyway haven't touched any of it for a few days now ... It's gonna be along summer , should be able to put something permanent on most of the garbage I got ! If you ever hear of someone looking to buy The PI4 8G kit I have I would sell it,[as the kit] for a decent price, even maybe ,lol




    alphanumeric said:
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a new official PICO with a Run Button added, show up. No I don't have a Tiny 2040, not yet anyway. It's on my wish list. If your careful you can cut a PICO down to about 3/4 its size. You can cut 6 rows of pins off the end with the Pi LOGO on it. It's not a multi layer board, its only double sided, track wise. The tracks you see on the surface are all that's there. It won't be as small as the tiny, but it will work with the PICO Lipo shim, the Tiny won't as it has a different pinout than the PICO.
    Last edited by caperjack; 06 May 2021 at 13:53.
      My Computer

  8. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,206
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #188

    I "might" be interested, I'll have to wait and see what the Pi Foundation sent me. Estimated delivery date is this coming Friday. I'm actually more interested in the peripherals. Keyboard, mouse, power supply, HDMI cable. I have a Pi 4B in a nice Red heatsink case that I'd like to swap in place of my Pi 400. What I need is the official keyboard, mouse etc. Well, I don't really need them, it would just be nice to have them.
      My Computer

  9. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,206
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #189

    I'm procrastinating at the moment. I want to get my gazebo up on my back deck and enjoy being outdoors. I have a nice large foldable table I take out and do my soldering / tinkering on.
      My Computer

  10. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,142
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #190

    I'm actually more interested in the peripherals. Keyboard, mouse, power supply

    I will for sure sell it that way, It makes for a nicely Dressed Desk ,lol

    alphanumeric said:
    I'm procrastinating at the moment. I want to get my gazebo up on my back deck and enjoy being outdoors. I have a nice large foldable table I take out and do my soldering / tinkering on.
    Last edited by caperjack; 03 May 2021 at 17:49.
      My Computer


 
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums