The Raspberry Pi Thread [5]

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1.    #41

    I really wish Pimoroni would post some info on their new Enviro + pHat. I'm especially interested in the light sensor. I'm hopeing it will measure the UV index.
    All I've seen is that no so good Bildge Tank Video and a little tease on Twitter. I was expecting it to show up in the New Products section by now?
    A replacement for my sense hat would be cool. providing it does what I want. The BME280 will give temp, humidity, and pressure, all i really want. I'm not all that interested in the air quality bit. All depends on how easy it is to set up and code. Might make a nice fart detector lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,257
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #42

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I set that night vision camera up temporarily in my living room. I took a couple of pictures but must have accidentally deleted them or saved them to the wrong folder? Anyway I could make out most of the room, was all 50 shades of grey though lol. Nothing like what you see in the movies etc. I was going to set it up outside in the dark but got sidetracked on something else tonight. You can come and get it any time you want though Jack. I'm probably not going to buy one. Not something I really need. It was nice to try before you buy so I do thank you for that.

    Jack, did you get anywhere with your rover build? Just wondering? I have never ever got a four wheeler version to work? Tow wheel, two wheel dive no problem. Add two more wheels and it just doesn't work as advertised?
    I will drop in for it next time over that way ,haven't done anything with Rover build yet,, busy with real life things ,lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #43

    So far today, and its still early its been,
    I've been working on my neighbors laptop since yesterday. An HP running Vista. Tried to upgrade it to Windows 10 but Vista isn't supported for that. So I tried upgrading it to Windows 7. Won't let me go from Vista Home Premium to 7 Pro. Had to start over with a 7 Home Premium ISO. It upgraded but Windows update errors out. Known issue, I have to download a specific KB update and apply it manually to fix it. I have all her stuff backed up and could do a clean install if it comes to that. I'd normally prefer it over an upgrade but don't want to leave her having to reinstall a bunch of programs. I may do it anyway, it is running a bit slow, might be some other weirdness going on too?
    Then on top of that, one of my Motion Eye cameras decided it didn't want to talk to my WIFI anymore? I get on average one a month that just quits for no reason? They just stop working, the (status) lights are on but nobodies home?
    Just finished reimaging it and setting it up again. I keep telling myself, make a backup image, but don't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,257
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #44

    i have official stopped working on computer for anyone even family , i hate window's 10 and updates ,on my acer switch 10" laptop the latest windows updates fudged my wifi ,drivers not compatbe and acer has no new driver ,none i can find anyway ...good thing i have a usb hub with Ethernet on the end from my pi stuff ,cand even use usb wifi adapters
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    So far today, and its still early its been,
    I've been working on my neighbors laptop since yesterday. An HP running Vista. Tried to upgrade it to Windows 10 but Vista isn't supported for that. So I tried upgrading it to Windows 7. Won't let me go from Vista Home Premium to 7 Pro. Had to start over with a 7 Home Premium ISO. It upgraded but Windows update errors out. Known issue, I have to download a specific KB update and apply it manually to fix it. I have all her stuff backed up and could do a clean install if it comes to that. I'd normally prefer it over an upgrade but don't want to leave her having to reinstall a bunch of programs. I may do it anyway, it is running a bit slow, might be some other weirdness going on too?
    Then on top of that, one of my Motion Eye cameras decided it didn't want to talk to my WIFI anymore? I get on average one a month that just quits for no reason? They just stop working, the (status) lights are on but nobodies home?
    Just finished reimaging it and setting it up again. I keep telling myself, make a backup image, but don't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #45

    I think this will be the last one I do for family or friends. Other than what we have here in the house. Its just a PITA these days. I'm actually dreading the day I have to redo my wife's laptop from scratch with a clean install. I'm not even sure what build its on? I think it shipped with windows 7? It was that of maybe Vista? I took all the stickers off log ago lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,257
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #46

    recently i was repairing a family members laptop and broke something else in doing so, so now im trying to repair my mistake at my cost of course ,, and this will defiantly be my last .... my own Acer switch 10 isn't really old[5 or 6 years or so ] and i don't see why Acer dosn't have updated wifi drivers for it
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I think this will be the last one I do for family or friends. Other than what we have here in the house. Its just a PITA these days. I'm actually dreading the day I have to redo my wife's laptop from scratch with a clean install. I'm not even sure what build its on? I think it shipped with windows 7? It was that of maybe Vista? I took all the stickers off log ago lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7.    #47

    I think the way it goes for most OEM's is, did said device ship with that OS from the factory? If no, no support is offered for that OS. My laptop shipped with Windows 8 and thats pretty well the only drivers I can find for it on its support page. One or two Windows 8.1 drivers and no Windows 10 drivers. Luckily it shares common hardware with some latter models that shipped with Windows 10. Near as I can tell anyway, I get what I need via Windows update and just about everything works. I think there is one special function key that doesn't work, WIFI on off or trackpad on off, don't remeber which one it is?
    This laptop is almost done, just did 189 updates via Windows update, just need to run it again and again until it says all up to date. Already got a popup saying Windows 7 support is ending lol. Installed by one of the updates. Ignoring it for now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #48

    Have a look see in device manager for a descriptor etc for that WIFI chip. If you can figure out what model it is you may be able to find a driver from its manufacturer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,257
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #49

    yeah i did that ,said no new drivers ,,i think the laptop came with win8 and i upgraded to win10,, device manager says broadcom 802.11 abgn wireless SDIO adapter
    broadcom shows newest is 2016,, https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...com+802.11abgn

    I tried to install that drive and it says latest drive all ready installed

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Have a look see in device manager for a descriptor etc for that WIFI chip. If you can figure out what model it is you may be able to find a driver from its manufacturer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #50

    caperjack said: View Post
    yeah i did that ,said no new drivers ,,i think the laptop came with win8 and i upgraded to win10,, device manager says broadcom 802.11 abgn wireless SDIO adapter
    broadcom shows newest is 2016,, https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...com+802.11abgn

    I tried to install that drive and it says latest drive all ready installed
    Yeah, OK, was worth a try. One thing that kind of annoys me about Windows 10. Automatic driver updates often replace your manually installed working driver with a newer one that does not work.
    So far so good for me, knock on wood, the windows update supplied drivers work OK for me. I haven't had to go manually looking for one in a long time.

    That laptop is still updating. Every time I manually run Windows update it finds more updates. A couple of failed ones in there too. I'm not going to look at those until it finally doesn't find any new ones.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Related Threads
The Raspberry Pi Thread [4] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums Was intending to play around with the GPIO extender. Wrote up a quick little python file to flash some leds in sequence, like traffic lights. Looks like you have to use "pigpio". ...
The Raspberry Pi Thread [3] in Chillout Room
Continued From - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Page 208 - Windows 10 Forums A black version of the Pi Zero case would be nice. Or white even.
The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums (200 page limit) Looks like my error message is Configuring network interfaces... ioctl: Operation not permitted. I also get a ioctl: invalid argument, I get two of them, whatever...
The Raspberry Pi Thread in Chillout Room
After spaming this thread , https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:01.
Find Us