The Raspberry Pi Thread [5]

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
  1. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,317
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #361

    i had mine running in a small 12x12 room with a window conditioner on ,just plugged the Pi, I never did anything excpt check temp in terminal and it went from 35c to 50c already ..thanks for the info on the ram differences not making a difference
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'm showing ~63c with a couple of tabs open watching my camera feeds. Pibow case with heatsink. Its in the shade at the moment, window blind is down. A couple of fans running in that room, 26c ambient temp.

    EDIT: I don't think it matters if its a 1 gig, 2 gig, or 4 gig, its the same SOC. The 4 gig "might" actually run cooler as it won't be using the swap file so much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,136
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #362

    I'm at ~70c now after about an hour just sitting with a browser open to one of my camera feeds. I can touch the heatsink with my finger, but not for long. Anymore than a couple of seconds and I'll likely burn my finger tip. It feels like it would, not going to actually find out though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,317
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #363

    that exactly how hot mine is to touch ,get it off before it burns the skin ..
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'm at ~70c now after about an hour just sitting with a browser open to one of my camera feeds. I can touch the heatsink with my finger, but not for long. Anymore than a couple of seconds and I'll likely burn my finger tip. It feels like it would, not going to actually find out though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,136
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #364

    Mine creeped up to 74c, heatsink was pretty well too hot to touch. It's off now, I had to go out for a bit. I may turn it back on latter, not sure. I'll be getting a fan shim at some point which should keep it nice and cool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,317
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #365

    yeah ,next time i order i will get the fan shim too
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Mine creeped up to 74c, heatsink was pretty well too hot to touch. It's off now, I had to go out for a bit. I may turn it back on latter, not sure. I'll be getting a fan shim at some point which should keep it nice and cool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,136
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #366

    I have two words to describe the Pi 4B
    crippling performance =(
    Mine creeped up to 79c today, might have even hit 80c or more when I wasn't looking. Ambient was 23c in that room. It was in the shade and just displaying one of my camera feeds.
    I turned a floor fan on, on the other side of the room blowing in the direction of the Pi and it went back down to 63c. On the plus side it doesn't take much air flow to keep it cool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,317
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #367

    quick to cool down ,i guess that why the pimorini fan shim works,I will have to get one next order , i have a small/a little big maybe 4x4 in fan[not sure what its for ,i think i got it at the church flea market last year,] i will have to set that up and see if it helps ..

    googled the fan its a server fan ,not sure where i got it ,
    on startup it was 35-37,then i ran facebook it sat at about 43, and then youtube videos ran 2 different videos same time,let it run for 12-15 min highest it went to was 51-51 , pi is sitting now with add/remove programs no fan ,temp[ is 63c

    fan-AC120V 0.22A, 120x120x38mm SA1238A1 SEADA SA1238A1 Server - Square Fan. PcHub.com - Laptop parts , Laptop spares , Server parts & Automation



    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I have two words to describe the Pi 4B
    crippling performance =(
    Mine creeped up to 79c today, might have even hit 80c or more when I wasn't looking. Ambient was 23c in that room. It was in the shade and just displaying one of my camera feeds.
    I turned a floor fan on, on the other side of the room blowing in the direction of the Pi and it went back down to 63c. On the plus side it doesn't take much air flow to keep it cool.
    Last edited by caperjack; 2 Weeks Ago at 14:08.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,136
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #368

    I just now ordered a Fan Shim. And the Pi 4B official USB C power supply that was out of stock when I ordered my Pi 4. And a few other inexpensive odds and ends. Internation Standard 5-10 Business days. I should have it in about a week.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,317
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #369

    i placed a small order on the 24th ,and it was the 29 when i got email saying my order was sent so much for 5 to 10 days delivery
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I just now ordered a Fan Shim. And the Pi 4B official USB C power supply that was out of stock when I ordered my Pi 4. And a few other inexpensive odds and ends. Internation Standard 5-10 Business days. I should have it in about a week.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,136
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #370

    caperjack said: View Post
    i placed a small order on the 24th ,and it was the 29 when i got email saying my order was sent so much for 5 to 10 days delivery
    I do believe that is 5-10 days from the actual shipped on date? Not the order placed date. I'm pretty well used to waiting at least a week. Thats just the way it goes when you cheap out on shipping costs. If I ever need something in a big hurry I'll pony up for DHL. It will likely be this time next week before I see it. Maybe even next Tues or Wends. I can use my Pi 4 without this stuff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Related Threads
The Raspberry Pi Thread [4] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums Was intending to play around with the GPIO extender. Wrote up a quick little python file to flash some leds in sequence, like traffic lights. Looks like you have to use "pigpio". ...
The Raspberry Pi Thread [3] in Chillout Room
Continued From - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Page 208 - Windows 10 Forums A black version of the Pi Zero case would be nice. Or white even.
The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums (200 page limit) Looks like my error message is Configuring network interfaces... ioctl: Operation not permitted. I also get a ioctl: invalid argument, I get two of them, whatever...
The Raspberry Pi Thread in Chillout Room
After spaming this thread , https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:50.
Find Us