The Raspberry Pi Thread [5]

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,310
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #11

    i watched a few of there bilge tank videos ,,, and wasn't really impressed with any of them
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,127
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Some aren't too bad, and some are a bit of a pain to watch. Kind of depends on who is doing them.
    One presenter drives me mad with the constant um, um, um. or em, em, em. Either way its
    All of them are a bit amateurish to be honest. Small company though as near as I can tell, if thats any excuse?
    Most times there is some good info in there, if you can get past the comic relief parts.
    Watched it again and the display is color, no idea on the resolution though? Or if its OLED or LCD etc? If it was E Ink it wouldn't have been all black so thats a relief.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,310
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #13

    Great company to buy from for sure ,great product support on Github for people/users like me
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Some aren't too bad, and some are a bit of a pain to watch. Kind of depends on who is doing them.
    One presenter drives me mad with the constant um, um, um. or em, em, em. Either way its
    All of them are a bit amateurish to be honest. Small company though as near as I can tell, if thats any excuse?
    Most times there is some good info in there, if you can get past the comic relief parts.
    Watched it again and the display is color, no idea on the resolution though? Or if its OLED or LCD etc? If it was E Ink it wouldn't have been all black so thats a relief.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,127
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #14

    caperjack said: View Post
    Great company to buy from for sure ,great product support on Github for people/users like me
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,127
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #15

    My portable weather clock glitched, again. This time the rainbow screen on the sense hat stayed lit up. It looked like it booted up but my code didn't run. Plugged in a monitor and keyboard and it was booting up. Date and time were messed up and i2cdetect showed every i2c address which means a short or dead sensor. I suspected the sense hat had failed.
    Opened it up and unplugged everything except the DS3231 RTC. i2c was back to normal and date and time were correct. I then plugged each sensor in one at a time and rechecked i2c. All normal again and its working?
    In hindsight I should have just "removed the sensors one at a time" starting with the sense hat. Then watched for i2c to go back to normal. Now I have no idea what glitched? Still thinking it was the sense hat though.

    I guess its time to try and get my Unicorn Hat HD up and running so I can replace that sense hat.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,310
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #16

    funFunfun in Pi land ,we have our 3 yr old grandson with us since the 12th of may ,,not getting much Pi stuff done, but we did do 2 Lego projects and 1 more to do tonight ,we are taking him back to Halifax tomorrow ,,if i had any hair to pull out i would have had it all gone by now ,lol just remembered i play with a new Night vision camera module for Raspberry Pi i got in my last pimoroni order ,700 Night vision camera module for Raspberry Pi – Pimoroni
    using motion-eye instructions ,from this youtube video for help ..got to 8:50 or so .
    Raspberry Pi Zero surveillance cameras [MAKER'S REPORT] - YouTube

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    My portable weather clock glitched, again. This time the rainbow screen on the sense hat stayed lit up. It looked like it booted up but my code didn't run. Plugged in a monitor and keyboard and it was booting up. Date and time were messed up and i2cdetect showed every i2c address which means a short or dead sensor. I suspected the sense hat had failed.
    Opened it up and unplugged everything except the DS3231 RTC. i2c was back to normal and date and time were correct. I then plugged each sensor in one at a time and rechecked i2c. All normal again and its working?
    In hindsight I should have just "removed the sensors one at a time" starting with the sense hat. Then watched for i2c to go back to normal. Now I have no idea what glitched? Still thinking it was the sense hat though.

    I guess its time to try and get my Unicorn Hat HD up and running so I can replace that sense hat.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,127
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Motion Eye is what I'm running on my cameras. I like the web interface. Setup is a bit of a PITA though. You have to have an ethernet connection or it just endlessly reboots. That or copy over a wpa supplicant file etc with your WIFI info in it. I can never get my file to work typo or something so it just endlessly reboots. Mine are all 3A+'s so I end up plugging in a USB hub with ethernet. Then log into the web gui and setup my WIFI.
    Let me know how you make out running Motion eye. I get random lock ups where a Pi just freezes? Sometimes a power cycle will fix it, some times not. Then I end up reimaging it and starting over again.

    The frustration part with my occasion glitches with my portable weather cock is as its running headless, I have no idea what glitched? Get it home and hook up a monitor and its fine? And my indoor one runs just fine 24/7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,310
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #18

    next week i will be setting it up in one of my windows and leaving it run ,i will let you know how it goes ..
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Motion Eye is what I'm running on my cameras. I like the web interface. Setup is a bit of a PITA though. You have to have an ethernet connection or it just endlessly reboots. That or copy over a wpa supplicant file etc with your WIFI info in it. I can never get my file to work typo or something so it just endlessly reboots. Mine are all 3A+'s so I end up plugging in a USB hub with ethernet. Then log into the web gui and setup my WIFI.
    Let me know how you make out running Motion eye. I get random lock ups where a Pi just freezes? Sometimes a power cycle will fix it, some times not. Then I end up reimaging it and starting over again.

    The frustration part with my occasion glitches with my portable weather cock is as its running headless, I have no idea what glitched? Get it home and hook up a monitor and its fine? And my indoor one runs just fine 24/7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 4,310
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #19

    this was the first video i watched ,will check it closer to see all the setting and setup ,next week
    Raspberry Pi MotionEyeOS Network Camera - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,127
    Windows 10 IoT
    Thread Starter
       #20

    I haven't used the Motion part, not yet anyway, I have it turned off actually. I did play around with it a bit at first. I either got no pictures or hundreads of pictures. A Pi Zero will likely be fine for taking stills.
    Way to gittery and lagy for me for videos though. Thats why I switched to a 3A+.
    There are a couple of settings I'd change right off of the bat, some of these I found by fluke or just trial and error.
    Under Preferences move the slider for Layout Columns to 1. It will make the preview window a lot bigger. It doesn't make any sense to me but thats what it does.
    Also turn Advanced settings on, under General Settings.
    I'd set the time zone to Canada/Atlantic so your time stamps are correct and make sense.
    I'd recommend never clicking the Check for Software Updates button. It has more often than not failed for me and corrupted my install.
    In Expert settings I turn the CSI Camera LED off. Just a personal choice thing.
    Under Video Device I change the camera name so I can tell which one is which.
    I set the video resolution to 1280x720 as that gets me the best quality video with the best frames per second. If your just going to take pictures I'd likely go with 1920x1080. I set the slider for 30 Frame rate.
    The specs for the Pi Camera are 1920 [email protected] or [email protected]
    I turn the text overlay off, just personal choice really.
    I turn Video Streaming off too, it has no effect on viewing the video via the web interface. My assumption, for me anyway is it will improve performance. One less thing running that I don't use.
    It will I believe kill viewing it via the browser port 80 thingy. The straight video feed minus the web gui. the http://192.168.0.xx:80/ thingy. I could never get that to work anyway?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Related Threads
The Raspberry Pi Thread [4] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums Was intending to play around with the GPIO extender. Wrote up a quick little python file to flash some leds in sequence, like traffic lights. Looks like you have to use "pigpio". ...
The Raspberry Pi Thread [3] in Chillout Room
Continued From - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Page 208 - Windows 10 Forums A black version of the Pi Zero case would be nice. Or white even.
The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] in Chillout Room
Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums (200 page limit) Looks like my error message is Configuring network interfaces... ioctl: Operation not permitted. I also get a ioctl: invalid argument, I get two of them, whatever...
The Raspberry Pi Thread in Chillout Room
After spaming this thread , https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:27.
Find Us