Last One To Post Wins [147]

  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,447
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #371

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I don't use a Lock Screen Josey ......Windows boots right to desktop everytime.
    Auto Logon? NETPLWIZ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #372

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Auto Logon? NETPLWIZ?
    Yes to both TC
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #373

    Well got everything done now, all the tweaks, and Windows is still running fine right now.
    Just have to run it fer a while, and see if anything breaks.
    This version of Windows is smaller, I gained 5gb back....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,447
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #374

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well got everything done now, all the tweaks, and Windows is still running fine right now.
    Just have to run it fer a while, and see if anything breaks.
    This version of Windows is smaller, I gained 5gb back....
    Well, yes and no. AD said the same last night. Posted that the WinSxS folder is basically all re-written with a new build, so all the old component stuff that built up over time is gone. It'll slowly creep back up with each PT and other CU's, unless you periodically run the DISM cleanup commands.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 15,239
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       #375

    Very busy day keeping up to threads.

    Had to Macrium back to 1809 on one laptop. Installed very modern driver for AC7260 wireless and that was the end. BSOD's and had problems uninstalling.

    Bought a simple wireless dongle.

    Updating laptop again. Love MR.

    Great practice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #376

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Well, yes and no. AD said the same last night. Posted that the WinSxS folder is basically all re-written with a new build, so all the old component stuff that built up over time is gone. It'll slowly creep back up with each PT and other CU's, unless you periodically run the DISM cleanup commands.
    Yup I do run those DISM cleanup commands. Maybe not as much as I should thou.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7.    #377

    I did notice this update did not change all my registry hacks, it only changed a few of them, but not all of 'em
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,447
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #378

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Yup I do run those DISM cleanup commands. Maybe not as much as I should thou.
    Also, on mine, MS decided to compress the OS, even though I had it set to not to. That was a huge chunk. Set mine back to "NO, MS! Don't do that!!!", and the total size was virtually the same as before.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #379

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Also, on mine, MS decided to compress the OS, even though I had it set to not to. That was a huge chunk. Set mine back to "NO, MS! Don't do that!!!", and the total size was virtually the same as before.
    Do you mean the one at the bottom of C: drives property menu that asks if you want to compress this drive ???
    Its still off here...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,447
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #380

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Do you mean the one at the bottom of C: drives property menu that asks if you want to compress this drive ???
    No..... Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Last One To Post Wins [144] in Chillout Room
Chirp, chirp
Last One To Post Wins [136] in Chillout Room
Good Evening TC I had SR turned off since Win ME I think.
Last One To Post Wins [118] in Chillout Room
Went on a call for an offline printer. They had just got home from Florida and the printer worked fine there. Folks here probably know the USB Type B connector is about the size of a phone jack and with the right amount of force it can be...
Last One To Post Wins [99] in Chillout Room
New thread guys :D
Last One To Post Wins [21] in Chillout Room
Full of homemade apple pie (from my tree)..... Think Bob may need this: Magic Carpet Ride Song by Steppenwolf I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine On a cloud of sound I drift in the night Any place it goes is right
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27.
Find Us