Last One To Post Wins [146]

  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,482
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #1261

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Morning / afternoon all.

    Sun is out and I convinced my wife we should cut the lawn together.

    Hope you make it through all this rain beeman without flooding. They say parts of Texas have had 300% more rain this spring.
    When we lived in Houston, Texas, it wasn't uncommon to have the freeways several feet under water. I think Houston is one of those cities where initial planning wasn't very smart. Everything was done haphazardly and now people suffer the consequences of the stupidity that came before them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #1262

    Afternoon Wynona, Gracie, and Lucy
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #1263

    Good afternoon Beeman, Buzzy, Eddy, and Tommy
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 14,802
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       #1264

    19" of rain..... We get an average of 31" per year.

    Good day Wynona. I read something about the planning for Houston, they built on flood plains and now they know why they are flood plains. Do the same thing here around the rivers.

    Afternoon Mike. How was the visit to the mechanics, think you said you were taking in the Buick today?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,407
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #1265

    Wynona said: View Post
    When we lived in Houston, Texas, it wasn't uncommon to have the freeways several feet under water. I think Houston is one of those cities where initial planning wasn't very smart. Everything was done haphazardly and now people suffer the consequences of the stupidity that came before them.
    Afternoon Wynona, Gracie, and Lucy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,482
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #1266

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    19" of rain..... We get an average of 31" per year.

    Good day Wynona. I read something about the planning for Houston, they built on flood plains and now they know why they are flood plains. Do the same thing here around the rivers.

    Afternoon Mike. How was the visit to the mechanics, think you said you were taking in the Buick today?
    Yep, a huge number of people think they have to live on the banks of a river. When we lived in Polk County, Texas, when the rain got heavy, the Livingston Dam had to be opened; not such a good thing for those living down river who didn't do their proper research.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,482
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #1267

    Good afternoon, folks.

    Looks like we may dry out eventually.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weather.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	233459
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 14,802
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       #1268

    Our downtown is basically a river valley, most being designated flood plain. The most recent and only flooding we've seen is the ice jam this past winter. Talking to the people who built there they didn't seem to understand, a few said they had building permits.

    What don't you understand? Flood plain pretty much says everything that has to be said. Mother Nature doesn't read building permits.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 11,904
    Mint 19.1
       #1269

    Wynona said: View Post
    When we lived in Houston, Texas, it wasn't uncommon to have the freeways several feet under water. I think Houston is one of those cities where initial planning wasn't very smart. Everything was done haphazardly and now people suffer the consequences of the stupidity that came before them.
    Good Afternoon Wynona, Gracie and Lucy

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Good afternoon Beeman, Buzzy, Eddy, and Tommy
    Good Afternoon Mike and Sammy

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    19" of rain..... We get an average of 31" per year.

    Good day Wynona. I read something about the planning for Houston, they built on flood plains and now they know why they are flood plains. Do the same thing here around the rivers.

    Afternoon Mike. How was the visit to the mechanics, think you said you were taking in the Buick today?
    Good Afternoon Ken It is Raining now and Hard .8" in fifteen minutes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-05-11 14-32-28.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	233463
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 14,802
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       #1270

    Do they go rice in some of the low areas beeman? Saw they flood areas of California (desert) with water from the Hoover Dam. Would be easier to go where there is natural water, and lots of it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Last One To Post Wins [112] in Chillout Room
Geez, you guys post faster than I can read!!! :rolleyes:
Last One To Post Wins [86] in Chillout Room
HG - I have to make the thing first - it may be a total flop! :rolleyes:
Last One To Post Wins [45] in Chillout Room
Wow! We may wake up to #45!!
Last One To Post Wins [39] in Chillout Room
Good Morning & Goodbye Borg Have a good day :)
Last One To Post Wins [8] in Chillout Room
HG, your about to hit 10K !
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24.
Find Us