Last One To Post Wins [145]

  1. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 10,499
    Win10 x64
       #1441

    Josey Wales said:
    FYI Do not ever install One Drive. It sort of takes over everything.
    Thanks, but I disable that right after a clean install. The free version doesn't offer enough space to be worth anything and with the fiascos with Win10 updates, I do not trust them with my data at all LOL. I used to backup with Google but have since just went with backups locally. There are no "cloud" versions of my data currently.
      My Computer

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 22,733
    Win 10 Pro 19041.264
       #1442

    Access Denied said:
    Thanks, but I disable that right after a clean install. The free version doesn't offer enough space to be worth anything and with the fiascos with Win10 updates, I do not trust them with my data at all LOL. I used to backup with Google but have since just went with backups locally. There are no "cloud" versions of my data currently.
    I use Google Drive for free 15Gb's but all I put on there are backgrounds.
      My Computer

  3. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 10,499
    Win10 x64
       #1443

    Josey Wales said:
    I use Google Drive for free 15Gb's but all I put on there are backgrounds.
    I have thought about getting more space on Google and then using MR to encrypt my backup, which I could upload.
      My Computer

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 32,749
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 and insider builds
       #1444

    Access Denied said:
    Thanks, but I disable that right after a clean install. The free version doesn't offer enough space to be worth anything and with the fiascos with Win10 updates, I do not trust them with my data at all LOL. I used to backup with Google but have since just went with backups locally. There are no "cloud" versions of my data currently.
    Josey Wales said:
    I use Google Drive for free 15Gb's but all I put on there are backgrounds.
    Afternoon guys. I've managed to accumulate 40GB of free OneDrive and 19GB of Google Drive. They are a part of my backup strategy but not alone. I've also got another 20GB with my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.
      My Computer

  5. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 10,499
    Win10 x64
       #1445

    kado897 said:
    Afternoon guys. I've managed to accumulate 40GB of free OneDrive and 19GB of Google Drive. They are a part of my backup strategy but not alone.
    Good afternoon Keith

    I would need about 50GB to be safe on Google Drive as my backups are around 40-45GB with everything (OS included). They offer 100GB for 1.99 per month or cheaper with a year. I have this thought in the back of my head that not paying 1.99 to have all my data safely off site might bite me in the nether regions if I don't do it
      My Computer

  6. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 10,499
    Win10 x64
       #1446

    After some drive pruning a while back I got the MR image down to just under 30GB but it would be missing Steam and games. I do not play games any more and removed it in the pruning.
      My Computer


  7. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 32,749
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 and insider builds
       #1447

    Access Denied said:
    Good afternoon Keith

    I would need about 50GB to be safe on Google Drive as my backups are around 40-45GB with everything (OS included). They offer 100GB for 1.99 per month or cheaper with a year. I have this thought in the back of my head that not paying 1.99 to have all my data safely off site might bite me in the nether regions if I don't do it
    I split my backups into manageable chunks that I can distribute around and duplicate them on more than one device.
      My Computer

  8. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 10,499
    Win10 x64
       #1448

    kado897 said:
    I split my backups into manageable chunks that I can distribute around and duplicate them on more than one device.
    I spent hours and then some, while going through data storage to cleanup stuff I never use or have a use for. It took more than one day as it got so aggravating, tiresome and more lol. Finally got my storage part down to 2.69GB. Not a bad number lol

    Last One To Post Wins [145]-screenshot_1.png
      My Computer

  9. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 22,733
    Win 10 Pro 19041.264
       #1449

    Access Denied said:
    I spent hours and then some, while going through data storage to cleanup stuff I never use or have a use for. It took more than one day as it got so aggravating, tiresome and more lol. Finally got my storage part down to 2.69GB. Not a bad number lol

    Last One To Post Wins [145]-screenshot_1.png
    Mine had the with onedrive in the location. I do not have Google Drive installed.
      My Computer

  10. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 14,739
    Mint 19.3
       #1450

    Access Denied said:
    Good afternoon Keith

    I would need about 50GB to be safe on Google Drive as my backups are around 40-45GB with everything (OS included). They offer 100GB for 1.99 per month or cheaper with a year. I have this thought in the back of my head that not paying 1.99 to have all my data safely off site might bite me in the nether regions if I don't do it
    Good Afternoon My backups are 70GB no OS included and No video either.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums