Scam Warning!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1

    Scam Warning!


    I just had a web page popup in Firefox stating that my Windows Defender expired today. It also had a link to click on. Watch out what you click on.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #2

    Winuser said: View Post
    I just had a web page popup in Firefox stating that my Windows Defender expired today. It also had a link to click on. Watch out what you click on.
    Not to belittle your warning @Winuser but,
    That's hilarious!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000028.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	222659
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #3

    It is hilarious in a way. I just hope no one clicks on the link. I noticed it when i was leaving Facebook.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #4

    Winuser said: View Post
    It is hilarious in a way. I just hope no one clicks on the link. I noticed it when i was leaving Facebook.
    Facebook!?!?!? Now there's your first clue, Sherlock!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #5

    I know not to click on theses links. I just want to let others know so that if it happens to them they don't click on it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #6

    Winuser said: View Post
    I know not to click on theses links.
    I hear ya! Just messin around!

    Winuser said: View Post
    I just want to let others know so that if it happens to them they don't click on it.
    Good idea!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    #7

    Edwin said: View Post
    I hear ya! Just messin around!



    Good idea!
    It's not even safe to answer your phone because of all the scams.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #8

    Winuser said: View Post
    It's not even safe to answer your phone because of all the scams.
    download Hiya, it's a free app that notifies you about potential scammers or telemarketers. There is a paid version to auto-block those calls, but the free version is good enough to give you a heads up about any potential scammers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #9

    Demonlord4lf said: View Post
    download Hiya, it's a free app that notifies you about potential scammers or telemarketers. There is a paid version to auto-block those calls, but the free version is good enough to give you a heads up about any potential scammers
    I'm using Nomorobo on my landline. It stops most unwanted calls. The number has to be on the list to get blocked. The scammers can also spoof legit numbers. On my landline and cell phone I will not answer any numbers I don't reconize.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #10

    Winuser said: View Post
    I'm using Nomorobo on my landline. It stops most unwanted calls. The number has to be on the list to get blocked. The scammers can also spoof legit numbers. On my landline and cell phone I will not answer any numbers I don't reconize.
    I'll have to check out Nomorobo. Hiya is more of a community based app, people report in suspected scam and telemarketer numbers and the app notifies you about them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Whilst browsing a what looked like a bona fida Windows Defender warning appeared on full screen, stating I needed to do an immediate scan with link provided, as there were three serious infections on my computer. I immediately closed all open...
Solved Red Scam Warning in Browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
A little while ago, shortly after booting the computer and launching Chrome, the Yahoo! home page got replaced with a red page about some sort of malware attack on my computer, complete with recorded voice warning. Considering that Avast and...
do not use this company. not only is it a scam but they are nothing at all to do with our Health Service, Med Centres of High St Pharmacy's. They take your money and you hear nothing else. They are sending letter out to all homes addresses to The...
UK scam warning. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
DVLA email scam offers motorists car tax refund | Cars | Life & Style | Express.co.uk
What A Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I updated my windows 10 last night and had no problems getting online this morning. After running some errands, I returned and attempted to go online and got a message stating that my network was deemed unsafe by Microsoft and I needed to fix it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47.
Find Us