Windows 10: Show Us Your Desktop [7]

  1. Borg 386's Avatar
    Posts : 21,182
    Win 7 32, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 64 Pro, Win 10 64 Education Edition
    Thread Starter
       09 Apr 2018 #181

    kado897 said: View Post
    Mine today...


    The wallpaper is here User Created Windows Ten Wallpapers [3]
    Pretty neat looking kado
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Borg 386's Avatar
    Posts : 21,182
    Win 7 32, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 64 Pro, Win 10 64 Education Edition
    Thread Starter
       09 Apr 2018 #182

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	184018
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 20,714
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       09 Apr 2018 #183

    Borg 386 said: View Post
    Pretty neat looking kado
    Thanks Borg
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 20,714
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       09 Apr 2018 #184

    Borg 386 said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	184018
    Saved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,193
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       09 Apr 2018 #185

    Borg 386 said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	184018
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    09 Apr 2018 #186

    Hello! Sorry, bit of an unusual post! just wanted to share my Windows-7-like Windows 10 in case anyone wanted to achieve something similar. Here are the desktop, start menu and explorer:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desk.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	184053
    and here is the wallpaper that only I probably like, found here: https://anarchyartz.deviantart.com/art/--191443845 I am not sure if this person is the original creator, but I can't find it elsewhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	___by_anarchyartz-d35zb0l.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	184052



    Some of the changes:
    - Remove Folders from "This PC": http://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove...-pc-windows-10
    - WIN+E Opens "This PC" and not Libraries: Win Key + E (My computer) Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - Remove OneDrive from Explorer: How to Disable OneDrive and Remove It From File Explorer on Windows 10
    - No Recent Folders in Quick Access: Stop Recent Files Folders Appearing In Quick Access [Windows 10]
    - No Removable Devices in Navigation Pane in Explorer: Windows 10 - hide removable drives from Navigation Pane
    - Windows-7-like Explorer (no ribbon, etc): OldNewExplorer 1.1.8 - StartIsBack+ - MSFN
    - Group drives in Explorer by type: https://msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/

    Other modifications:
    - No cortana
    - No language bar
    - Recycle bin icon from Win7
    - Show file extensions for known file types
    - ClassicShell start menu

    Other modifications/utilities I recommend:
    - Fences by Stardock: Fences : Software from Stardock
    - DesktopMedia (adds an icon on the desktop, of a removable media when it is inserted): Desktop Media Download

    Apologies for the unusal/spam post
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    09 Apr 2018 #187

    Very nice @TheDeerDude !!

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 20,714
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       09 Apr 2018 #188

    TheDeerDude said: View Post
    Hello! Sorry, bit of an unusual post! just wanted to share my Windows-7-like Windows 10 in case anyone wanted to achieve something similar. Here are the desktop, start menu and explorer:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desk.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	184053
    and here is the wallpaper that only I probably like, found here: https://anarchyartz.deviantart.com/art/--191443845 I am not sure if this person is the original creator, but I can't find it elsewhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	___by_anarchyartz-d35zb0l.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	184052



    Some of the changes:
    - Remove Folders from "This PC": http://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove...-pc-windows-10
    - WIN+E Opens "This PC" and not Libraries: Win Key + E (My computer) Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - Remove OneDrive from Explorer: How to Disable OneDrive and Remove It From File Explorer on Windows 10
    - No Recent Folders in Quick Access: Stop Recent Files Folders Appearing In Quick Access [Windows 10]
    - No Removable Devices in Navigation Pane in Explorer: Windows 10 - hide removable drives from Navigation Pane
    - Windows-7-like Explorer (no ribbon, etc): OldNewExplorer 1.1.8 - StartIsBack+ - MSFN
    - Group drives in Explorer by type: https://msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/

    Other modifications:
    - No cortana
    - No language bar
    - Recycle bin icon from Win7
    - Show file extensions for known file types
    - ClassicShell start menu

    Other modifications/utilities I recommend:
    - Fences by Stardock: Fences : Software from Stardock
    - DesktopMedia (adds an icon on the desktop, of a removable media when it is inserted): Desktop Media Download

    Apologies for the unusal/spam post
    Nice. I still like W7 but I've moved on now although my desktop is pretty much the same as it was on W7. Classic Shell, Rocketdock, & Free Launch Bar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Apr 2018 #189

    (I do not know how to @Mention users, sorry)

    @Access Denied: thank you, sir

    @kado897: Ahh, I was wondering what those were on the taskbar (Show Us Your Desktop [7] - Page 18 - Windows 10 Forums)! Free Launch Bar. Haven't used RocketDock in years, are they still updating it? Very nice, wouldn't mind working on such tidy, organized desktop myself!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 20,714
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       09 Apr 2018 #190

    TheDeerDude said: View Post
    (I do not know how to @Mention users, sorry)

    @Access Denied: thank you, sir

    @kado897: Ahh, I was wondering what those were on the taskbar (Show Us Your Desktop [7] - Page 18 - Windows 10 Forums)! Free Launch Bar. Haven't used RocketDock in years, are they still updating it? Very nice, wouldn't mind working on such tidy, organized desktop myself!
    RocketDock hasn't been updated for ages. I keep expecting in to fail with each new upgrade but It's OK for the next release. Free Launch Bar gives me a good way to organise my programs by category and of course Classic shell is no longer being developed so I don't know how long that will last.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Show Us Your Desktop [4] in Chillout Room
For today.. and if anyone wants it you can have it to play with.. 95277
Show Us Your Desktop [3] in Chillout Room
64189
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46.
Find Us