Windows 10: The Raspberry Pi Thread [4]

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,817
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       1 Week Ago #821

    had to clean up the man cave ,its a bedroom for a few days
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Mine too now. I slowly let things slide and get out of hand.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,817
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       1 Week Ago #822

    want to watch wildlife or or human life in your neighborhood ,safe and dry ,to costly for me ,but nice case
    Shop @ Naturebytes | DIY maker kits and electronics for wildlife

    kit
    https://thepihut.com/products/nature...ife-camera-kit
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,817
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       3 Days Ago #823

    nor sure if you seen this ,,,open ssh in win10 spring update..
    ​OpenSSH arrives in Windows 10 Spring Update | ZDNet
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    3 Days Ago #824

    Thanks for that link Jack, have it book marked for now, will have a look see in a bit. Also have a look at this, Install the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 | Microsoft Docs Debian which is what Raspbian is based on, is an option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,817
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       3 Days Ago #825

    something to play with maybe ,thank for that link ,ill try them both on my spare computer
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Thanks for that link Jack, have it book marked for now, will have a look see in a bit. Also have a look at this, Install the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 | Microsoft Docs Debian which is what Raspbian is based on, is an option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    2 Days Ago #826

    caperjack said: View Post
    something to play with maybe ,thank for that link ,ill try them both on my spare computer
    I'm going try it on my laptop, its the one I do the most Pi stuff on. Just have to dig it out and fire it up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    2 Days Ago #827

    Just did the powershell command to enable the subsystem, and rebooted my laptop. Then installed Debian Stretch from the store. It gives you the Linux command shell, no GUI. Now I'll have to learn some Linux commands lol. Could come in handy when editing SD Cards, assuming it will see all partitions? I don't have card handy to test. I don't know the commands anyway lol. Not yet anyway. I also don't have any Pi's with ssh enabled to test it. Something to play with anyway, might actually learn something useful in the process.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,817
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       2 Days Ago #828

    there sure s a lot to learn when it come to linux commands ,not something i have what it take to learn and then remember and retain what it learn ,,,
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Just did the powershell command to enable the subsystem, and rebooted my laptop. Then installed Debian Stretch from the store. It gives you the Linux command shell, no GUI. Now I'll have to learn some Linux commands lol. Could come in handy when editing SD Cards, assuming it will see all partitions? I don't have card handy to test. I don't know the commands anyway lol. Not yet anyway. I also don't have any Pi's with ssh enabled to test it. Something to play with anyway, might actually learn something useful in the process.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    2 Days Ago #829

    caperjack said: View Post
    there sure s a lot to learn when it come to linux commands ,not something i have what it take to learn and then remember and retain what it learn ,,,
    Going to try and have a go at SSH latter on today. Really sore today so we'll see how it goes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,817
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       2 Days Ago #830

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Going to try and have a go at SSH latter on today. Really sore today so we'll see how it goes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

    Related Threads
    The Raspberry Pi Thread [3] in Chillout Room
    Continued From - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Page 208 - Windows 10 Forums A black version of the Pi Zero case would be nice. Or white even.
    The Raspberry Pi Thread [2] in Chillout Room
    Continued from - The Raspberry Pi Thread - Windows 10 Forums (200 page limit) Looks like my error message is Configuring network interfaces... ioctl: Operation not permitted. I also get a ioctl: invalid argument, I get two of them, whatever...
    Hello ladies andgents! :cool: @z3r010 from SevenForums pointed mehere to share this project, but since I don't want to interrupt yourdiscussions on The Raspberry Pi Thread , I thought it would be better to create a new thread. :) It's a cool...
    The Raspberry Pi Thread in Chillout Room
    After spaming this thread , https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/3950-new-raspberry-pi-2-now-windows-10-support.html I figured a new thread may be in order. I have a B+ and one of the new model 2 B's. I just fired up Raspbian on the new one to...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05.
    Find Us