Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    19 Oct 2017 #11
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,873
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    This is why I quit the FCU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    19 Oct 2017 #12
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 774
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Well I spoke to soon....just had another one. Exact same one.........Oh well I'll just turn off sleep mode.....damn that sucks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    19 Oct 2017 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,877
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Well I spoke to soon....just had another one. Exact same one.........Oh well I'll just turn off sleep mode.....damn that sucks.
    Did you run any disk checks? e.g. CHKDSK /F
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    19 Oct 2017 #14
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 774
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    I'll do it now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    19 Oct 2017 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 327
    seL4

    As philc43 mentioned, your disk is reporting a good number of paging errors in the event log (194 times on October 18th).

    It will be useful for us to get some additional information about your computer, please run the following from an elevated PowerShell prompt, and then upload the resulting files (they will appear on your desktop).

    Show sleep states:
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /a > "$home\Desktop\sleep-states.txt"
    Power Report:
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /sleepstudy /output "$home\Desktop\power-report.html"
    Sleep transition report:
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /systemsleepdiagnostics /output $home\Desktop\sleepdiag.txt

    I'd also recommend you try the following troubleshooting steps, all commands will need to be run from an elevated prompt.

    Rebuild the page file and hibernation file by disabling them, rebooting, and then re-enabling them.

    Disable Page File
    run -> sysdm.cpl -> Advanced tab -> Performance Settings -> Advanced Tab -> Change -> Select "No paging file"

    Disable Hibernation File
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /h off
    Reboot

    Re-enable paging file
    Go back to the paging menu and select "System managed size"

    Re-enable hibernation file
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /h on
    Reboot

    Check filesystem:
    Code:
    chkdsk.exe /R /X C:
    Press "y" to schedule a check on the next reboot, then restart your computer.

    Check disk:
    Install HDTune, run an error scan, post results.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 19 Oct 2017 at 14:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    19 Oct 2017 #16
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,873
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    As philc43 mentioned, your disk is reporting a good number of paging errors in the event log (194 times on October 18th).

    It will be useful for us to get some additional information about your computer, please run the following from an elevated PowerShell prompt, and then upload the resulting files (they will appear on your desktop).

    Show sleep states:
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /a > "$home\Desktop\sleep-states.txt"
    Power Report:
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /sleepstudy /output "$home\Desktop\power-report.html"
    Sleep transition report:
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /systemsleepdiagnostics /output $home\Desktop\sleepdiag.txt

    I'd also recommend you try the following troubleshooting steps, all commands will need to be run from an elevated prompt.

    Rebuild the page file and hibernation file by disabling them, rebooting, and then re-enabling them.

    Disable Page File
    run -> sysdm.cpl -> Advanced tab -> Performance Settings -> Advanced Tab -> Change -> Select "No paging file"

    Disable Hibernation File
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /h off
    Reboot

    Re-enable paging file
    Go back to the paging menu and select "System managed size"

    Re-enable hibernation file
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /h on
    Reboot

    Check filesystem:
    Code:
    chkdsk.exe /R /X C:
    Press "y" to schedule a check on the next reboot, then restart your computer.

    Check disk:
    Install HDTune, run an error scan, post results.
    I did all of that stuff on my system and it did no good, Hibernation did not work either and it boggles my mind why anyone would use it . I have 24gB of memory and it would use 75% of that -SSD's are expensive. I also will not leave my PC on 24 X 7.

    Sorry did not know this was in the BSIOD section.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Oct 2017 #17
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,915
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    For any BSOD please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums


    Razer and Mbam were problem signatures and faulting applications.
    They have not yet been implicated by windbg.

    The event log displayed that there was an unknown driver that was problematic in the migration.

    Code:
    Event[15]:  Log Name: System  Source: Serial  Date: 2017-10-18T08:55:59.885  Event ID: 2  Task: N/A  Level: Information  Opcode: N/A  Keyword: Classic  User: N/A  User Name: N/A  Computer: DESKTOP-1FUR131  Description: While validating that \Device\Serial1 was really a serial port, a fifo was detected. The fifo will be used.
    Code:
    Event[632]:  Log Name: System  Source: Microsoft-Windows-WPDClassInstaller  Date: 2017-10-18T06:29:28.415  Event ID: 25089  Task: Driver Migration  Level: Information  Opcode: N/A  Keyword: Classic  User: N/A  User Name: N/A  Computer: DESKTOP-QTUK96S  Description: It was not possible to access the device () after installing drivers. Error code 0x80070651.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 Oct 2017 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 327
    seL4

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    I did all of that stuff on my system and it did no good, Hibernation did not work either and it boggles my mind why anyone would use it . I have 24gB of memory and it would use 75% of that -SSD's are expensive. I also will not leave my PC on 24 X 7.
    If you did all of that, do you mind posting the log files so I can look at them? Also, if you don't use hibernation just turn it off, that's fine. The rebuild of hiberfile.sys is only done if you *already* use hibernation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    19 Oct 2017 #19
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 774
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Holy crap, that took a long time.....but HD Tune 2.55 has finally finished.

    Error Scan: No errors, here are the pics.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD info.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	159066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error scan.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	159067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benchmark.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	159068

    Keep in mind my HDD is old...real old.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 Oct 2017 #20
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 774
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    How do you post the code so it uses the slider?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on wake up from sleep
After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where?
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
video internal scheduler error BSOD. Wake from sleep bsod. (Re-appeare
Hello, so i think i have dealt with this bluescreen 3times now, and it seemed to have gone away after i went from my amd system to intel. But now its there again. The most useful function ever, wake from sleep, is now bluescreening my computer. I...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD after waking from sleep
Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums