BSOD/Crash when a load is on GPU

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #11

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

    On the AMD website be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver.

    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/Display

    Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

    AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Just tried that, still blackscreening.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 12
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    I think it is safe to say that my graphics card is dead, or close to dead. If this was a driver issue, it would have probably been solved when I reinstalled windows after wiping my hard drive. Thank you for your help. My graphics card has a lot of dust on it. Could it have something to do with this?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #14

    See if you can remove the graphics card and use default graphics.
    Check to see whether you have another computer, friend, neighbor, local store, etc. that may allow you to swap cards.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 12
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #15

    zbook said:
    See if you can remove the graphics card and use default graphics.
    Check to see whether you have another computer, friend, neighbor, local store, etc. that may allow you to swap cards.
    I can use the iGPU, and I will test this GPU on another system and let you know. (probably will take a few days to borrow my friend's pc).
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #16

    If possible see if you can test the graphics card in another computer and another computer's graphic card in the problematic computer.
    What happened when you booted without the graphics card using default graphics?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 12
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    zbook said:
    If possible see if you can test the graphics card in another computer and another computer's graphic card in the problematic computer.
    What happened when you booted without the graphics card using default graphics?
    When i booted using default graphics (Intel HD graphics 4000), it just started up like normal, without any problems. I just installed drivers for it and then rebooted, did not face any problems whatsoever on Intel HD 4000.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #18

    The status of the AMD graphics card is not yet known.
    Another driver could be tried in the problematic computer.
    Using DDU you could uninstall the current driver and install an alternative driver (clean install) while waiting for the opportunity to swap the graphics card.

    Please post an updated zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    And after any bsod please post an updated zip.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 12
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #19

    zbook said:
    The status of the AMD graphics card is not yet known.
    Another driver could be tried in the problematic computer.
    Using DDU you could uninstall the current driver and install an alternative driver (clean install) while waiting for the opportunity to swap the graphics card.

    Please post an updated zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    And after any bsod please post an updated zip.
    Firstly, I apologize for the late reply, i was extremely busy with my final exams.
    I tried the card in another system, and it did not boot up at all, as soon as I pushed the power button, the GPU fans spun up to 100% and no video output was given from the GPU, but, instead of the GPU giving an output, the onboard graphics was booting up windows with no issues. So, I then tried it on my own system and got the same results. I think it is now safe to assume that the card is dead. Thank you for trying to help me.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 38,435
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #20

    The only other confirmation to make is to test the GPU in your system. The card that you were using failed in another asymptomatic computer and that is the first confirmation. If the card in the asymptomatic computer works fine in the problematic computer then you can be even more confident that you should be in great shape with a replacement GPU.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums