Windows 10: windows freeze DELL XPS15

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1.    28 Oct 2017 #91

    zbook said: View Post
    Please post an updated zip:
    DESKTOP-MBCUAVH-Sat_10_28_2017_151111_44.zip
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Oct 2017 #92

    zbook said: View Post
    Please post an updated zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

    Check google for maximum temperatures for each:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    ...so i should just stare at HWMonitor for 180min while Prime95 runs? Is that what people typically do when they run a test like this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 19,413
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       28 Oct 2017 #93

    There are some people that have let Prime95 run overnight.
    The amount of monitoring is up to the test user.
    It is important to monitor the computer to be able to abort testing if there are any problems with temperatures.

    1) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab click settings in startup and recovery > post an image into the thread.

    2) Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand all rows > look for any yellow triangles with black exclamation marks > post images into the thread for any that display this icon. If none are found please comment in the thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    28 Oct 2017 #94

    zbook said: View Post
    1) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab click settings in startup and recovery > post an image into the thread.
    see post #48...settings are the same as in the image posted there...except auto restart is unchecked now.
    zbook said: View Post
    2) Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand all rows > look for any yellow triangles with black exclamation marks > post images into the thread for any that display this icon. If none are found please comment in the thread.
    i saw no yellow triangles.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Oct 2017 #95

    zbook said: View Post
    3) Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU
    Which type of test in Prime95 do you recommend I run?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 19,413
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       28 Oct 2017 #96

    There are no mini dump files in the zip.
    On an earlier date you had created a test dump using Whocrashed.
    Using file explorer please find the memory dump file and post it into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link:
    memory dump file: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

    For Prime95 there should be a choice: Just Stress Testing or automatic method.
    See section: use for stress testing: Prime95 - Wikipedia
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Oct 2017 #97

    zbook said: View Post
    There are no mini dump files in the zip.
    On an earlier date you had created a test dump using Whocrashed.
    Using file explorer please find the memory dump file and post it into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link:
    memory dump file: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

    For Prime95 there should be a choice: Just Stress Testing or automatic method.
    See section: use for stress testing: Prime95 - Wikipedia
    When I launch Prime95 it asks me which "torture test" to run: "small FFTs", "in-place large FFTs", "blend" or "Custom". Which is the one I should run?

    dump file created today:
    MEMORY.DMP - Google Drive
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 19,413
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       28 Oct 2017 #98

    Please run the blend.
    The link that was posted earlier had information about test duration.
    The longer the test duration the better the testing as there is more opportunity to find problems over time.
    In general we use 3 hours or more as sufficient time. If you want to run the testing longer you can and again it requires the end user to monitor the computer.


    In the left lower corner search type: clean > open disk cleanup > click ok > for the files to delete section use the scroll bar and post images into the thread.
    Last edited by zbook; 29 Oct 2017 at 00:48.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Oct 2017 #99

    zbook said: View Post
    In the left lower corner search type: clean > open disk cleanup > click ok > for the files to delete section use the scroll bar and post images into the thread.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	del3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	160988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	del2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	160989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	del1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	160990
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    29 Oct 2017 #100

    zbook said: View Post
    Please post an updated DM log collector:

    In order to perform stress testing you must monitor: temperature, display artifacts, freezing, etc.

    1) For all tests please record maximum temperatures and test duration.

    2) And for all test please post images of the test results into the thread.
    I ran Prime95 for 4 hours. During that time the computer did not malfunction or freeze.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpu2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	161048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpu1.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	161049
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Related Threads
There were issues with (suspected to be) graphics. I am on the look out for a laptop for the purposes of photography photo editing. Regular visitors to this forum I felt will have better idea on the reliability of above laptop(I thought). Or...
Hello, I have a new Dell 8900 series desktop. (64 bit) Apparently has Realtek integrated audio on the Motherboard. The audio works fine, but the program that gives the user, me, options for adjusting the audio is really poor. ...
Morning - we just bought (our second) XPS 13 which I did a clean install of Windows 10 on (to claim back as much disk space as possible). All okay, except when selecting 'Restart' from the 'Start Button/Power', the computer freezes on the Dell logo,...
After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my Dell . Dell support suggested I contact Microsoft support as this new problem is due to the Win...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:42.
Find Us