1.    25 May 2017 #1
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 - Home

    BSOD - Hal.dll+395cf & ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd


    Hey guys, new to the forums here and at my wits end... just about lost a phone and a monitor tonight

    I've had nothing but errors for a few months now and its really really annoying me!

    I just received a replacement motherboard from Asus but the issues are still happening.

    System Info Here: http://www.filedropper.com/msinfo_1
    DxDiag Here: http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_6
    Dump File Here: http://www.filedropper.com/052417-4703-01



    I always seem to get hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe to show up, about 3 hours ago I got netio.sys which I have never seen before.. since then I have reinstalled windows 10 and have nothing but chrome, bluescreen viewer and the current gtx 970 drivers installed.

    I think obviously its boiled down to a hardware issue, ram? hdd? etc? All of my parts are fresh and just under a year... I would hope that they wouldnt fail but you never know I guess..

    Any idea's on what I can do fella's? I'm thinking of running memtest86 over night to see what happens if anything at all.


    Most of my resets generally happen when I'm playing WoW and have music playing on the other monitor, but sometimes it happens shortly after I boot up my computer. It's not really consistent..


    I await your help and guidance

    (I've attached the files if the website doesn't work for some reason)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,859
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.64

    Hello Goose,

    The error in the one dump file points to CPU hardware:
    Code:
    ===============================================================================
    Common Platform Error Record @ ffff9f8ebc8eb028
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record Id     : 01d2d519c36253b9
    Severity      : Fatal (1)
    Length        : 928
    Creator       : Microsoft
    Notify Type   : Machine Check Exception
    Timestamp     : 5/25/2017 5:57:39 (UTC)
    Flags         : 0x00000000
    
    ===============================================================================
    Section 0     : Processor Generic
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Descriptor    @ ffff9f8ebc8eb0a8
    Section       @ ffff9f8ebc8eb180
    Offset        : 344
    Length        : 192
    Flags         : 0x00000001 Primary
    Severity      : Fatal
    
    Proc. Type    : x86/x64
    Instr. Set    : x64
    Error Type    : Cache error
    Operation     : Generic
    Flags         : 0x00
    Level         : 1
    CPU Version   : 0x00000000000506e3
    Processor ID  : 0x0000000000000004
    
    ===============================================================================
    Section 1     : x86/x64 Processor Specific
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Descriptor    @ ffff9f8ebc8eb0f0
    Section       @ ffff9f8ebc8eb240
    Offset        : 536
    Length        : 128
    Flags         : 0x00000000
    Severity      : Fatal
    
    Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000004
    CPU Id        : e3 06 05 00 00 08 10 04 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
                    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    
    Proc. Info 0  @ ffff9f8ebc8eb240
    
    ===============================================================================
    Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Descriptor    @ ffff9f8ebc8eb138
    Section       @ ffff9f8ebc8eb2c0
    Offset        : 664
    Length        : 264
    Flags         : 0x00000000
    Severity      : Fatal
    
    Error         : GCACHEL1_EVICT_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 3)
      Status      : 0xba00000000200179

    I have seen this error once before and it turned out to be a bad CPU even though all the hardware tests run on the CPU came back with no errors. There could be other reasons but for now I would suggest you see if you can test with another CPU. Refer to here for the previous case BSOD playing WOW, but occasionally doing just about anything
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    25 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 - Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Hello Goose,

    The error in the one dump file points to CPU hardware:
    Code:
    ===============================================================================
    Common Platform Error Record @ ffff9f8ebc8eb028
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record Id     : 01d2d519c36253b9
    Severity      : Fatal (1)
    Length        : 928
    Creator       : Microsoft
    Notify Type   : Machine Check Exception
    Timestamp     : 5/25/2017 5:57:39 (UTC)
    Flags         : 0x00000000
    
    ===============================================================================
    Section 0     : Processor Generic
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Descriptor    @ ffff9f8ebc8eb0a8
    Section       @ ffff9f8ebc8eb180
    Offset        : 344
    Length        : 192
    Flags         : 0x00000001 Primary
    Severity      : Fatal
    
    Proc. Type    : x86/x64
    Instr. Set    : x64
    Error Type    : Cache error
    Operation     : Generic
    Flags         : 0x00
    Level         : 1
    CPU Version   : 0x00000000000506e3
    Processor ID  : 0x0000000000000004
    
    ===============================================================================
    Section 1     : x86/x64 Processor Specific
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Descriptor    @ ffff9f8ebc8eb0f0
    Section       @ ffff9f8ebc8eb240
    Offset        : 536
    Length        : 128
    Flags         : 0x00000000
    Severity      : Fatal
    
    Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000004
    CPU Id        : e3 06 05 00 00 08 10 04 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
                    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    
    Proc. Info 0  @ ffff9f8ebc8eb240
    
    ===============================================================================
    Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Descriptor    @ ffff9f8ebc8eb138
    Section       @ ffff9f8ebc8eb2c0
    Offset        : 664
    Length        : 264
    Flags         : 0x00000000
    Severity      : Fatal
    
    Error         : GCACHEL1_EVICT_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 3)
      Status      : 0xba00000000200179

    I have seen this error once before and it turned out to be a bad CPU even though all the hardware tests run on the CPU came back with no errors. There could be other reasons but for now I would suggest you see if you can test with another CPU. Refer to here for the previous case BSOD playing WOW, but occasionally doing just about anything
    I ran the IDPT test and it came back with passes just like the previous guy in that post. I just contacted intel and told them whats going on and he right away said "lets replace your processor".

    It's nice to not be jerked around by a company for a month. I should have the new i5 in a day or two - I'll swap it out, run it and see how she goes.. I'll be sure to update from that point on to let you know what goes down!

    He updated his processor and hasn't had a crash since then. So heres to hoping!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 May 2017 #4
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 - Home
    Thread Starter

    double post - lets get this puppy fixed!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 - Home
    Thread Starter

    yay more bsod...... win32kfull this time!


    Attachment 136678Attachment 136679
    Just got two more BSOD's while trying to install the bnet application on my PC...

    One of them shows "win32kfull.sys" as the cause of the error.. other ones the same as before hal.dll


    What would my computer have to severely malfunction to cause a win32 bsod is my question though...

    So frustrating.. can't do anything on this pc now
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,859
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsGoose View Post
    Just got two more BSOD's while trying to install the bnet application on my PC...

    One of them shows "win32kfull.sys" as the cause of the error.. other ones the same as before hal.dll


    What would my computer have to severely malfunction to cause a win32 bsod is my question though...

    So frustrating.. can't do anything on this pc now
    The above would be consistent with CPU cache errors. Sometimes the windows kernel process just gets blamed because it's running when the error occurs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    25 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 - Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    The above would be consistent with CPU cache errors. Sometimes the windows kernel process just gets blamed because it's running when the error occurs.
    So what you're saying is still go through with the CPU replacement is what im pickin up!

    My "techy" friend is in disbelief that it the cpu, hes urging me to replace my evo 850 ssd... says samsung are bad and the culprit.... just to appease him im installing fresh on a kingston hyperx fury right now.

    "intel chips either work or dont work" is all he keeps yelling into my ears, lol.


    thanks again phil.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,568
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    Place your computer in clean boot to decrease or eliminate bsod:

    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki


    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

    Clean boot turns off all non-Microsoft applications on boot. All items in task manager are off on boot. It makes boots faster. When any application is needed after boot it will then load. If you have any more bsod please post the minidump files. If you must have an application on boot you can modify clean boot into a nearly clean boot but the goal is to turn off any drivers that could potentially contribute to any bsod.

    The minidump analysis so far are indicating cpu problems but the Intel processor diagnostic tool kit has passed. Are you doing any overclocking? Have you run prime? GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet While I don't want to push your luck if you no longer have any bsod while in clean boot you could consider using it to better determine or differentiate driver from hardware.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 May 2017 #9
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 - Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by zbook View Post
    Place your computer in clean boot to decrease or eliminate bsod:

    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki


    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

    Clean boot turns off all non-Microsoft applications on boot. All items in task manager are off on boot. It makes boots faster. When any application is needed after boot it will then load. If you have any more bsod please post the minidump files. If you must have an application on boot you can modify clean boot into a nearly clean boot but the goal is to turn off any drivers that could potentially contribute to any bsod.

    The minidump analysis so far are indicating cpu problems but the Intel processor diagnostic tool kit has passed. Are you doing any overclocking? Have you run prime? GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet While I don't want to push your luck if you no longer have any bsod while in clean boot you could consider using it to better determine or differentiate driver from hardware.
    So far a fresh reinstall on a different ssd (120gb kingston hyperx fury) seems stable.

    I just played over an hour of my game, before I couldn't even install the game without a crash.


    I dont overclock anything, the most recent tests ive run on the samsung evo 850 was just a memory test on again a fresh install with just what comes with windows installed.. it didnt show anything and the IDPT tool from Intel also showed all passes (which could be a false positive)

    Intel is sending me a brand new i5-6600k in the mail, should be here in a day or two.. gonna swap that out when I get a chance and plug my samsung ssd back in and see what happens!


    I'm seriously hoping for a BSOD tonight, praying for one even.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
[BSOD] I got random BSOD with ntoskrnl, please save me!
Hello, my PC recently has been receiving a lot of random BSODs . It comes suddenly when I surf the internet, or watching youtube videos. I was thinking that it all comes from my VGA card, but I can still play games such as Dota2 in Ultra settings...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD ntoskrnl
I'm having the same issues. It started 2 days ago, computer is crashing randomly with different BSOD errors. I've tried a new SSD, new RAM and multiple fresh installs of Windows 10. I've run out of ideas, I'm starting to think there is a seriously...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD various ntoskrnl
Hi guys! Made a fresh Win10 install with just basic software (Like whocrashed) I have tried using the Guru3Ds tool to remove all traces of old video card drivers and installed the newest ones without any extra software or bloatware. Have ran...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Ntoskrnl.exe Bsod
Hello, i have costume build pc for a years now , i think last year i had to change cooler and its probably when my problems started , or could be later im not sure , basicly now everyday when i first start up pc its getting freezed , if i restart...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD in ntoskrnl.exe
This is the most recent BSOD. I have no idea on what is causing the problem. I dont know if it's a chipset driver, graphics card issue, sound card issue, or an on the mainboard component that is causing the issue. This morning I was rendering a...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums