Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    23 May 2017 #1
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 10
    Windows

    BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1


    I've got a pretty decent pc (will post specs if needed), and since like 3 months after i bought it, i had these BSoDs: kmode_exception_not_handled, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I went to the store with a request to fix it, they told me they haven't found anything, but the Blue Screens came back... and so the cycle repeated for something like 5 times. And then, for awhile, it ran with no problems. But recently(1.5 years after purchase), it returned. I tried updating drivers, ran memtest (nothing found), ran verifier(found faulty drivers, uninstalled, but the problem persisted), re-installed windows, but it was crashing while i was installing it. I'm pretty sure that it's no physical damage.
    Please, if anyone can help, i'll be really thankful. I'm really hopelessAttachment 136330
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Karlsruhe
    Posts : 730
    Windows 10 Pro

    Code:
    0x000000D1:    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (21.05.2017 19:54:12) [Windows 10] 
     
    CAUSED BY:     memory_corruption    
     
    PROCESS:       System 
     
    Usual causes:  Device driver
    Code:
    2017-05-20T21 14:13.408  Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 
    2017-05-21T20 18:01.001  Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: . 
    2017-05-21T21 54:55.375  Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: .

    Since u uninstalled/reinstalled drivers theres maybe a problem with the GPU. But first please check if theres a newer version of the nvidia driver, or roll back to an older version. As u can see the nvidia driver crashes and the bsod dumps show an driver problem. But it could be the the GPU is defective an causes the driver to crash (overheating). U should perform a GPU test:



    BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1 Diagnostic Test BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1
     GPU TEST

    Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums



    warning   Warning
    Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BSODHunter View Post

    Since u uninstalled/reinstalled drivers theres maybe a problem with the GPU. But first please check if theres a newer version of the nvidia driver, or roll back to an older version. As u can see the nvidia driver crashes and the bsod dumps show an driver problem. But it could be the the GPU is defective an causes the driver to crash (overheating). U should perform a GPU test:
    [
    For how long should I do this test? And I had no updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 May 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Karlsruhe
    Posts : 730
    Windows 10 Pro

    as long as u want. 30 minutes or so. But check the temps. Everything is explained here:

    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BSODHunter View Post
    as long as u want. 30 minutes or so. But check the temps. Everything is explained here:

    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    I ran it, the temperature didn't rise above 58C
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    24 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Karlsruhe
    Posts : 730
    Windows 10 Pro

    can u provide the complete memory dump? It can be found under C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Its a big file, maybe u can upload it on dropbox or onedrive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    24 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BSODHunter View Post
    can u provide the complete memory dump? It can be found under C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Its a big file, maybe u can upload it on dropbox or onedrive.
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Karlsruhe
    Posts : 730
    Windows 10 Pro

    This is from the MEMORY.DMP

    Code:
    0x000000D1:    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (24.05.2017 14:52:27) [Windows 10] 
     
    CAUSED BY:     ntoskrnl    
                   nvlddmkm.sys [1.05.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx  
     
    PROCESS:       System 
     
    Usual causes:  Device driver 
     
    TO RESOLVE:    1. Check Drivers

    Again it seems the culprit is GPU driver or GPU itself. There a just three options for that: Install a newer version from nvidia driver or roll back to an older one. Replace the GPU to test if the problem persists. Try the second PCIe Slot on your mainboard if it has one.
    Use DDU for reinstalling the GPU driver.
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    03 Jun 2017 #9
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 10
    Windows
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BSODHunter View Post
    This is from the MEMORY.DMP

    Code:
    0x000000D1:    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (24.05.2017 14:52:27) [Windows 10] 
     
    CAUSED BY:     ntoskrnl    
                   nvlddmkm.sys [1.05.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx  
     
    PROCESS:       System 
     
    Usual causes:  Device driver 
     
    TO RESOLVE:    1. Check Drivers

    Again it seems the culprit is GPU driver or GPU itself. There a just three options for that: Install a newer version from nvidia driver or roll back to an older one. Replace the GPU to test if the problem persists. Try the second PCIe Slot on your mainboard if it has one.
    Use DDU for reinstalling the GPU driver.
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.
    I tried installing the newest version of the driver, didn't work. I also rolled back the driver to a pretty old version, also didn't work. I don't have a spare GPU to replace it, so I haven't tried that one. I don't really know how to switch to the second PCIe slot, so if I could get some instructions, that would be awesome. BTW, my motherboard: h110m-k by asus
    P.S.: For some reason, no more than 5 dumps are saved... the drive has plenty of space, so I don't know what may cause that.
    Last edited by Raphaeloper; 03 Jun 2017 at 07:15.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    03 Jun 2017 #10
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,343
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Your board only has one PCIE16 slot.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming
For some strange reason Windows 10 is unable to detect Active 3D gaming sessions on the computer. The system goes into idle states (lock screen/turn off monitor/sleep) and only if the mouse or keyboard is not used during the gaming session. Checked...
Gaming
BSOD whenever gaming, errors 0x000000d1 & 0x0000001e
Here's a thread in which this problem was addressed on Tom's Hardware (it led me here.) Forum used earlier: Multiple Errors Causing BSOD on Windows 10 - Windows 10 Dump Files: 107031 I play Battlefield 1 (now!) and Rainbow Six Siege ...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly
I have seen so many of these threads and dislike to create another, suppose it's time for my own dump though. The following is a copy of my notes that I've tried to clean up a bit for this thread. Checked for windows updates due to...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD when gaming, mainly with GTAV errors include 0x000000d1
Hi, Thank you in advance for any help that you might be able to offer. Back in March I bought a bundle of a MB, CPU + cooler, and RAM from a reputable UK based online retailer. Alongside this I also bought a graphics card, an SSD for the OS...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved Windows 10 issues restarting automatically pc during idle and gaming
Hi everyone new poster here Specs 4930k I7 Graphics Gtx Titan motherboard rampage IV ram 16gb ddr3 PSU 1200W win10 64bit Hi all i am in need of some help with windows 10 I have had computer restarting at random times during gaming and...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums