BSOD usually when any game is running

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions


    Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn,

    My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people that did it. But now another month later im beginning to have BSOD's and randomely at that. Im not sure if it has anything to do with the CPU plastic or me actually doing something wrong when I re applied cooling paste and the cooling block itself.

    It happens irregularly but usually when a game is running either active or in the background (When multitasking) I hope you guys can tell me if this is a driver issue or maybe an old bios driver issue or just a faulty CPU.

    I reinstalled my windows 3 times with an actual OS image.


    Last edited by Glenn332; 13 May 2017 at 03:51.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,960
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #2

    The 5/12 dump doesn't have any useful info in it. The 5/6 dump indicates a problem with your Nvidia card or driver nvlddmkm.sys.
    Code:
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff807b90a63b7, ffffd1002ffe7ba0, 0}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption
    Driver Description: nVidia Video drivers
    Driver Update Site: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

    You have the newest avauilable driver, 382.05, so try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall as follows:

    Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

    Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

    See if that gets rid of the problem.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ztruker said:
    The 5/12 dump doesn't have any useful info in it. The 5/6 dump indicates a problem with your Nvidia card or driver nvlddmkm.sys.
    Code:
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff807b90a63b7, ffffd1002ffe7ba0, 0}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption
    Driver Description: nVidia Video drivers
    Driver Update Site: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

    You have the newest avauilable driver, 382.05, so try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall as follows:
    I have already done this and that bsod was rare and I didnt recieve it before. however I do keep getting with like intervals of 7 days at times bsods with either Service exceptions or Thread exceptions.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,960
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #4

    There were only two dumps in the zip you uploaded.

    Are you running any disk cleaners like CCleaner? If so that may be deleting additional dumps.

    I don't see anything in the Event Viewer log either.

    With the over heating, try this:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

    If that doesn't show anything then try this:

    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

    Pay close attention to PART TWO and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

    Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

    Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

    What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Ztruker said:
    There were only two dumps in the zip you uploaded.

    Are you running any disk cleaners like CCleaner? If so that may be deleting additional dumps.

    I don't see anything in the Event Viewer log either.

    With the over heating, try this:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

    If that doesn't show anything then try this:

    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

    Pay close attention to PART TWO and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

    Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

    Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

    What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.
    Yeah I have CCleaner but its because I reinstalled my pc that the other dumps are gone ;(
    Ill try and run driver verifier either today or tomorrow thank you for responding!

    Update: I also updated my bios today my motherboard is an MSI Z170A M7 Gaming. I had version 1.b and I now have the updated 1.h which also has NVME compatibility fixes. Maybe this was the cause of the BSOD's.

    Im currently running driver verifier how long should I try it? A day?
    I dont really notice a difference running this.
    Last edited by Glenn332; 13 May 2017 at 16:35.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,960
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #6

    Did you follow the instructions at the link I gave you for Driver Verifier. It tells you how to set it up and how long (MAX) to run it.

    Good news about the BIOS, that could very well resolve this.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Ztruker said:
    Did you follow the instructions at the link I gave you for Driver Verifier. It tells you how to set it up and how long (MAX) to run it.
    Good news about the BIOS, that could very well resolve this.

    Yeah I was running a pretty old one, I just thought I mightve broken something when I reinstalled the CPU cooler without the plastic or during the reseating of the gpu but I dont think I hit anything or something like that maybe that the CPU cooler got seated too tight but I was very carefull with that aswell.

    Yeah I did the driver verifier settings correctly and rebooted, But I dont notice my pc running sluggish due to it.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13,960
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #8

    Let it run for up to 48 hours, see if we get a Driver Verifier induced BSOD and dump.

    Use it like you normally do.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Ztruker said:
    Let it run for up to 48 hours, see if we get a Driver Verifier induced BSOD and dump.

    Use it like you normally do.
    I havent had any bsod's yet, But my gpu temperature did go up a bit. Is this due to driver verifier or could it be related?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13,960
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #10

    No, verifier does not put any additional load on the GPU.

    You have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti. All I can suggest is check to make sure the fan(s) are turning properly and the airflow inside the case is good.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums