Windows 10: Service_started_failed
"Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enfor
Since few days I have a BSOD on start Service_started_failed, I already had this problem earlier, I just had to reinstall drivers and all was working again. So I knew how to pass through this specific BSOD : I restart with disabled check of signed driver.
Once I successfully logged I have two errors : microsoft security client 0x800b0100 and "Missing NVCPL.DLL"
What I tried :
1) I have a surface book so windows update handles driver update, I may reinstall drivers by downloading this : Access Denied
So I did use this to "remove" surface platform software and reinstalling it right after. I did try to reinstall drives after analysis outdated drivers with online tools but unfortunately Microsoft has custom drivers so the only way is what I did earlier (downloading their tool).
The missing dll error is gone thanks to uninstalling Microsoft tools to reinstall original nvidia drivers and after reinstalling Microsoft tools to have other drivers. (or maybe it's just reinstalling Microsoft surface platform managent which did the trick)
2) SFC /scannow and chkdsk c: /r /x (multiple times). SFC reads smtgh like "we fix partly but we couldn't fix everything"
3) I tried launch services.msc and devices manager but Windows reads that "the application was blocked for your security" "An admin refused you to use the application"
4) Antivirus detection : ADW (which remove some chrome extensions and some other stuff), RogueKiller which found and fixed notably suspicious registry keys. All other were telling that I was clean : malwarbytes, OTL, TDSSKILLER (I checked almost all option except module loader one), eset online scanner and maybe others.
5) I tried to reset from the recuperation screen, from Windows once logged with disabled signed drivers check and to use MediaCreationTool but NONE of these solutions worked, they all say that an error happened.
So my PC is more or less working if I pass through the 7th option of special restart (signed driver check disabled) but it's not fully fonctionnal for all the reasons I said earlier (Windows defender doesn't start as he has the error described above, I can't start devices manager, I cannot use some windows' features such as troubleshoots as "a problem prevent the troubleshooting to start" etc.).
I hope one could help show me the right way, I've been already looking through a lot of similar threads all over the Internet these days and I'm running out of ideas.
Logs (for you experts) : DESKTOP-2MEBDCC-12_01_2017_194829,06.zip
Thanks for reading.
Please note that as I'm not a native speaker I'm very likely to NOT use rights terms used by Windows as I translate on my own already translated phrases, BTW I hope that the fact that I'm not a native doesn't prevent you to understand me :).
Last edited by NitroBAY; 13 Jan 2017 at 16:08.
BSOD Crash Analyst
If I correctly understand what you have done, then it appears your HDD may be failing.
There are numberous errors regarding HDD communication, starting from 13th last month.
If it is possible, RMA the surface book.
Hmm okay thanks. I didn't know that hardware problems could cause specific bugs without fully preventing Windows to start. I will probably do an RMA, do ya have an idea to prevent such problems in the future ?
BSOD Crash Analyst
Hardware issues can cause a variety of issues, what kind of issues depends on a wide range of stuff.
Hard drive problems can be mainly prevented by running a chkdsk once in a while.
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
I'm ... voiceless ... very sad. I'm French and I ordered my SB from 'murica as it wasn't available back then in my country.
.... So they ... don't assure the warranty in one country where the device hasn't been bought.