I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand.
I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this.
Caution, long post. :-)
The problem started 4 days ago and I had not installed any updates or any other programs at all.
Twice I had left my PC on to do other things and when I came back, windows did not recognise any commands. I clicked start and nothing happened, the button is graphically depressed, but it stays there without opening anything. Same thing happens with everything else I clicked.
At one point both screens went black and removed all icons save for the taskbar and a small pop up appeared telling me that "Windows is not responding" No matter if I click accept or cancel it just stays there and I have to hold powerbutton to restart the pc. ALT+F4 had no effect, neither did alt+tab+del No other keyboard shortcuts worked either.
- I tried to repair windows but no problems was found.
- I tried to roll back but unfortunately there wasn't anything to roll back to. :-)
- I ran chkdsk with admin privs showed no errors.
- Then I ran windows memory diagnostic tool with no faults. I took out one stick of RAM and ran the tool again, then swapped the RAM sticks and ran it again also without any faults.
- I ran Samsung Magician on my 840 EVO SSD without any degradation in read/write speeds. SSD life pro shows my drive health is excellent (8 years and 10 months remaining) and Crystaldiskinfo also shows 100% health.
I had the same fault appear when I had a single stick of RAM installed, swapped it for other RAM stick and got the same fault again.
- I ran sfc /scannow as admin and Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.
Then I decided just to reinstall windows and that whole installation was a complete mess for some reason.
Some examples: Origin will not launch at all, when I restarted windows I would randomly be logged out of everything and some settings was reverted to defauilt and even G-force experience did not launch. (Something went wrong, try again)
At that point I was fed up so I simply did another fresh install of windows. NOTE: On both installs I format the partition that has windows, then I remove both partitions creates a new one to which I install Windows.
This time I installed a different version of Windows 10 pro (I mean from another USB) and this time windows is working perfectly. But, I still get the random freezes of "Windows is not responding" and then I have to hold powerbutton to turn off the PC.
Now I am the end of my capabilities and I throw in the towel. I need your help and any and all suggestions are welcome and I am willing to try anything and everything.
Can it be something with my second HDD? Could that cause some kind of problems simply by being plugged in? I have not accesed any of the files on the drive though if that makes a difference.
Anyway, it's close to midnight here in Denmark so I have to log off and will not reply for the next 16 hours or so. :-)
Thank you in advance.