Windows 10: Various BSODs/crashes at random times
Various BSODs/crashes at random times
I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind.
The most common BSODs are UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I've had different ones appear in the past.
I've been having these issues with my PC ever since I built it 9 months ago.
I have tried solving this many different times, but I never managed to get this PC working properly. I have already gone through following troubleshooting steps:
- Tested my CPU with stress tests and Intel's "Processor Diagnostic Tool". PC crashed a few times so I replaced the CPU.
- Stress tested the GPU (monitored temps, always below 80C at full load)
- Tested both RAM sticks, separately and together, for 12 hours each with memtest86 (no errors)
- Replaced the motherboard
- Replaced the power supply
- Removed all components apart from the essentials (CPU, MB, RAM, GPU, PSU, SSD)
- Fully formatted all drives and reinstalled Win10 multiple times.
- Ran Driver Verifier on a fresh install with only Microsoft drivers selected. This led to my PC locking up and not starting. Whenever it booted up after that, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION popped up and afterwards it said "Windows couldn't load correctly". The only way to get the PC working again from that point was to do a system restore. (I did this multiple times, it yielded the same result every time)
After all these attempts my PC is still crashing regularly and I'm out of things to try. I don't plan on replacing any more parts myself, and the place where I bought all the components isn't answering my RMA requests.
I have attached the DM log and a screenshot of my specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sadly the dumpfiles are not really helpful.
Maybe the remarks below give you any clues/help.
In some dumpfiles the procesname is leaque of legends and batlle.net hel.
According to your drivermodules these drivers are outdated
e1d65x64 Thu Aug 13 11:14:29 2015
Driver Description: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software
lgcoretemp Tue Jun 09 18:52:10 2015 = Logitech gaming software
RTKVHD64 Tue Jun 23 13:26:04 2015 = Realtek high definition audio function driver
According to your troubleshooting list you did not test your Harddiscs.
I haven't actually tested the hard drives. However, I have tried running the PC with just the SSD plugged in, but that didn't help either.
Can you recommend any tools for testing the drives (especially the SSD)?
Last edited by Sacrale; 10 Dec 2016 at 23:34.
Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related...
I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that...
Hello! I'm relatively new here. Just wanted your help because of the numerous BSODs per day that I'm having.
Here are my problems:
1. BSOD whenever I unplug or plug my charger
2. BSOD whenever I use Photoshop
3. BSOD (sometimes) when I...
Hi there, I recently managed to get a cryptowall/cryptolocker virus. I wiped everything, formatted c: and reinstalled windows 7 home premium. Was getting constant, seemingly random BSODs 10+ times daily. Tried a bunch of things, didn't work, so...
I have attached the debug folder, I am getting these BSOD's and I cannot seem to pull a pattern from when they are occurring. Any help appreciated