Windows 10: BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    14 Nov 2016 #1

    BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr


    I was playing World of Warcraft and suddenly BSOD came up with error message DPC_Watchdog. after restarting my laptop and trying to play again,same error came up and after several try, sometimes Driver Scheduler internal error came up instead DPC_Watchdog. I already update my windows, latest vga card for both intel and nvidia at that time.

    I decide to do a clean install, when i install nvidia graphic driver, the screen just freeze while installing. After 5 second freezing, the BSOD message came up with DPC_Watchdog message. I write this post by disabling my secondary graphic (from BIOS) to avoid the same BSOD at startup. Rollback to windows 8.1, using the driver from lenovo website,remove nvidia driver using DDU and install fresh driver seems not fixed the issue. Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad english



    Edit: i just uploaded another log (Driver Scheduler Internal Error), this BSOD came after i use DDU to clean up my Nvidia display driver, enabling switchable graphic in BIOS, and install Nvidia latest driver

    Lenovo Y50
    Intel Core I7-4700HQ
    8 GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX 860m 2GB / IntelHD 4600
    BSOD DPCWatchdog/DriverSchedulerInternalError when install nvidia drvr Attached Files
    Last edited by sontrik; 21 Nov 2016 at 00:43.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,710
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       14 Nov 2016 #2

    The Nvidia 860m you say you have is not showing up in any of the files it should, like dxdiag.txt or msinfo32.nfo. Try removing and reinserting the Nvidia card and make sure any external power connectors are connected.

    The driver for the Nvidia card is pretty old: Timestamp: Mon Jul 13 12:50:59 2015. The current version available is:

    Version: 375.70
    Release Date: 2016.10.28


    How To Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

    Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

    See if that gets rid of the problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    14 Nov 2016 #3

    Ztruker said: View Post
    The Nvidia 860m you say you have is not showing up in any of the files it should, like dxdiag.txt or msinfo32.nfo. Try removing and reinserting the Nvidia card and make sure any external power connectors are connected.

    The driver for the Nvidia card is pretty old: Timestamp: Mon Jul 13 12:50:59 2015. The current version available is:

    Version: 375.70
    Release Date: 2016.10.28


    How To Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

    Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

    See if that gets rid of the problem.
    Thanks for the response
    At first i need to disable my switchable graphic from BIOS, so i can get to windows and do some work. Thats why it didn't shows up in the file like it used to be, but i enable it in second log and it just crashed because the latest driver exist. Well, should i try removing and reinserting the graphic card?because that would mean opening up my laptop.

    The old driver is a stock driver provided by lenovo website i think, i already use DDU and install the latest driver from nvidia,it just freeze and BSOD Driver Scheduler came up while installing. Is it a sign of hardware failure?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,710
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       15 Nov 2016 #4

    Sorry, I missed that you had a laptop. Does it work if you use the built-in video?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    15 Nov 2016 #5

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Sorry, I missed that you had a laptop. Does it work if you use the built-in video?
    Yep,it worked perfectly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,710
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       17 Nov 2016 #6

    Just noticed there is a new Nvidia driver for your 860m Nvidia card dated 11/15: version 375.86. If you haven't tried that versions uyet, give it a try. Use DDU as before.

    If that doesn't help then you could try some of the older drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    20 Nov 2016 #7

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Just noticed there is a new Nvidia driver for your 860m Nvidia card dated 11/15: version 375.86. If you haven't tried that versions uyet, give it a try. Use DDU as before.

    If that doesn't help then you could try some of the older drivers.
    it doesn't work, Video_Scheduler came up after installing. funny thing is, the BSOD seems to pop up again while using dxdiag to check my system, "bla bla bla usb video or d3d renderer u want to skip the test?" and i choose no to force the test on that particular part.
    I already use older driver provided by lenovo website,same error came up. I attach new crashdump from today latest driver instalation, hope it will help in analyzing. thanks for the response
    SONNY-Mon_11_21_2016_125455_80.zip
    Last edited by sontrik; 21 Nov 2016 at 00:39.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    21 Nov 2016 #8

    using bluescreenviewer, i got bugcheck 0x00000133 caused by driver hal.dll and caused by address hal.dll+4e390, hope this information useful
    Last edited by sontrik; 21 Nov 2016 at 10:10. Reason: update
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,710
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       21 Nov 2016 #9

    All 3 dumps from 11/21 indicate nvlddmkm.sys which is your Nvidia card or driver. I really don't have any suggestions other than replacing the Nvidia card or just removing it and running with the onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    27 Jan 2017 #10

    sontrik said: View Post
    using bluescreenviewer, i got bugcheck 0x00000133 caused by driver hal.dll and caused by address hal.dll+4e390, hope this information useful
    Hi. I have this same problem.Bsod caused by address hal.dll+4e390. Can You solved this problem ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Bit of a long story but I'll try to be clear as I can be. So yesterday my system was working just fine, had windows 10 installed for a month. When I first install windows 10 the first nvidia driver I tried kept crashing. Change it to another...
Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what...
Hi folks. I'm running a DTX550Ti on a 64 bit install. The W10 upgrade gave me the basic windows driver so I downloaded the latest nVidia driver (V 353.62). When I try to install it I get an "Install Failed" from the installation programme. No...
1. earlier before july 29, 2015, i was told that my pc was ok to install windows 10. 2. today, july 29, 2015, i was told it was not compatible with nvidia. 3. what is going on. so is microsoft going to fix the problem or what? 4. most windows...
No matter what i try i cannot get my PC to install the drivers for my 760....it shows up in Device manager as "unknown device" and i point it to the drivers where they are in the "C:\Nvidia" folder but not even that works...upgraded to windows 10...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums