OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor FreeTL;DR: My computer randomly freezes anytime from once to four times a week with no Event Viewer logs or memory dumps. Recently, it's started to blue screen instead with a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. I'm hoping the issues are related and fixing the BSODs will fix the freezing issue too.
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
PSU: SeaSonic G-Series 80+ Gold 650W
Memory: 8128MB (2x4096) DDR3-1600
My computer has had a freezing issue where very suddenly the computer will become unresponsive and loop the last played audio frequency. It never blue screens or shuts offs; eventually, I'll need to hold the power button or unplug the computer to restart it.
No event viewer logs or memory dumps are ever made and the problem can never be reproduced, so I end up having to wait anywhere from one day to one week for it to happen again. I originally posted on Tom's Hardware (you can see my thread here) and so far I've tried:
- Multiple clean installs of Windows 10
- Memtest86+ (6+ hour test, all passes, no errors)
- Setting power options to High Performance and HDD to "Never Turn Off"
- Updating BIOS
- Change from IDE mode to ACHI mode
- Checking hard drive health with HD Tune - reallocated event count for my SSD was 16 and the freezing issue was quite common with my old SSD so I had it RMA'd but this didn't change anything
- Prime95 torture testing (10 hours straight right now with no crashes - my temperatures are attached below as temps1.png, temps2.png, and temps3.png)
Just this week, however, the freeze occurred for about 3-5 seconds before a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error appeared instead before the computer shut down. I'm hoping whatever caused this blue screen is behind what's been causing the persistent freezing issue and fixing this would fix that too. I've attached the requested logs below as well. Thanks!!
EDIT1: System Specs updated for more detail.