Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       11 Oct 2016 #11

    What I say is that this kind of output is caused by symbol errors.
    Code:
    ****************************************************************************                                                                   ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger   ***
    ***    doesn't have full symbol information.  Unqualified symbol      ***
    ***    resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a   ***
    ***    fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ***
    ***    of unqualified symbols by typing ".symopt- 100". Note that   ***
    ***    enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol     ***
    ***    server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to     ***
    ***    appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect      ***
    ***    symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down.     ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    For some commands to work properly, your symbol path           ***
    ***    must point to .pdb files that have full type information.      ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not      ***
    ***    contain the required information.  Contact the group that      ***
    ***    provided you with these symbols if you need this command to    ***
    ***    work.                                                          ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB                                     ***
    ***                                                                   *** *************************************************************************
    The symbol issue prevents proper analysis of the dump making troubleshooting unreliable.

    What you want to do is up to you, but as the OS is Windows 10 Insider I doubt that this is a memory data structure corruption caused by faulty memory.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2016
    Brasil
    Posts : 26
    windows 10 build 14332
       11 Oct 2016 #12

    axe0 said: View Post
    What I say is that this kind of output is caused by symbol errors.
    Code:
    ****************************************************************************                                                                   ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger   ***
    ***    doesn't have full symbol information.  Unqualified symbol      ***
    ***    resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a   ***
    ***    fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ***
    ***    of unqualified symbols by typing ".symopt- 100". Note that   ***
    ***    enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol     ***
    ***    server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to     ***
    ***    appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect      ***
    ***    symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down.     ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    For some commands to work properly, your symbol path           ***
    ***    must point to .pdb files that have full type information.      ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not      ***
    ***    contain the required information.  Contact the group that      ***
    ***    provided you with these symbols if you need this command to    ***
    ***    work.                                                          ***
    ***                                                                   ***
    ***    Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB                                     ***
    ***                                                                   *** *************************************************************************
    The symbol issue prevents proper analysis of the dump making troubleshooting unreliable.

    What you want to do is up to you, but as the OS is Windows 10 Insider I doubt that this is a memory data structure corruption caused by faulty memory.
    Thanx axe0.

    To finalize I'd like you explain me two things.

    1) What do you mean by symbols errors? They are corrupted or there is lack of symbols information because this is a new build (14931)?
    2) What do you suggested I do in order to troubleshot my problem? What did you do!?

    Thanx again,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       11 Oct 2016 #13

    1. The current stable release is build 14393, 14931 is a technical preview release. For TP releases symbols are usually not released to the public until the TP is at it's final stages. The issue is due to a lack of symbols.

    2. As it is a TP version the possibility that this crash was caused by a bug of Windows is significantly higher than with a release, you could try driver verifier but the results of driver verifier most probably won't be the same so I wouldn't recommend it.
    As long as another crash doesn't occur within a short period I personally wouldn't worry about it too much.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2016
    Brasil
    Posts : 26
    windows 10 build 14332
       11 Oct 2016 #14

    axe0 said: View Post
    1. The current stable release is build 14393, 14931 is a technical preview release. For TP releases symbols are usually not released to the public until the TP is at it's final stages. The issue is due to a lack of symbols.

    2. As it is a TP version the possibility that this crash was caused by a bug of Windows is significantly higher than with a release, you could try driver verifier but the results of driver verifier most probably won't be the same so I wouldn't recommend it.
    As long as another crash doesn't occur within a short period I personally wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Thank you for your help and attention axe0.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       11 Oct 2016 #15

    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2016
    Brasil
    Posts : 26
    windows 10 build 14332
       12 Oct 2016 #16

    Hi axe0,

    After all, I realize I have more questions. I hope you can help me.
    Why in my WinDbg, when I run !verifier or !thread , the answer is something like: unable to get the verifier list or unable to get thread contents?
    Is this behavior due to the lack of symbols also or there's something wrong with some setting in my WinDbg??

    Thanx for your help axe0
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,791
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       12 Oct 2016 #17

    When there are symbol issues, many things cannot be accessed because it cannot be loaded.

    Another reason, if there are no symbol issues, is because the dump doesn't contain enough information to provide the requested data.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2016
    Brasil
    Posts : 26
    windows 10 build 14332
       12 Oct 2016 #18

    axe0 said: View Post
    When there are symbol issues, many things cannot be accessed because it cannot be loaded.

    Another reason, if there are no symbol issues, is because the dump doesn't contain enough information to provide the requested data.
    Thank you axe0 !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Headphones stopped working without reason, but speakers work perfectly
Hi there guys, first post here so please do mind I'm a newbie:o So I've got an ASUS ROG G551JK laptop for almost 2 years already. Never had this problem before. While I was playing CS:GO I tried to tweak the sound quality a little bit from the...
Drivers and Hardware
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) ntkrnlmp.exe Any reason/s ?
Greetings, I have just upgraded to windows 10 via a clean install, I installed the normal windows utils. After this i installed Steam. I went to play the divsion only to have both screens say not signal and get a black screen of death ,then...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD (Reason is completely unknown)
So, some days ago i got Random BSOD (i thought Random), first i was thinking "Hmmm Propably some random Software issue" and i didnt even care but now i got almost everyday a BSOD. Just 1h ago i got one while watching Youtube and it didnt creat a...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD for no apparent reason - Critical Structure Corruption
My computer was working fine with Windows 10... but has developed a BSOD issue. I can't think of any changes I've made/programs installed etc, though this is likely the cause. I've run SFC /Scannow along with dism.exe /online /cleanup-image...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD with no reason
After I upgraded my 8.1 to 10 my system started to show lots of BSOD with no clear reason. Sometimes they appear when I playing, sometimes when I on Firefox, and sometime when my PC is alone with no programs running. All BSOD show the same DRIVER...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:17.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums