Windows 10: NETBIOS.SYS Blue screen
NETBIOS.SYS Blue screen
I keep getting a bluescreen due to netbios.sys
How can I figure out whats causing the problem? I can post logs if needed? If so, which logs I should post.
It's a new build computer. I use a vpn, bitdefender and adguard. Seems like there are many errors in the logs but i cant tell them apart.
Any help would be appreciated.
New here I'd suggest to follow
BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
Add your system specs and dump.
I am here due to my own issue, I don't know a lot about this field though I'd like to add some suggestions if I may. In no way will I be offended if you choose to look passed my advice as I'm not certified or have a high understanding in such areas...
A quick google search derived of your statements lead me to:
"Causes of Netbios.sys Errors
- Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted MSDN Disc 5 device drivers. (very common)
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent netbios.sys-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the netbios.sys file or related MSDN Disc 5 program files.
- Hardware conflict after installing new Microsoft hardware, or hardware related to netbios.sys.
- Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to MSDN Disc 5.
- netbios.sys blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
- netbios.sys STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption."
From this (and a couple other searches) I would suggest... Updating drivers. Memtest86 being ran. If you have Mcafee, uninstalling it and using MSSE and/or malwarebytes (running a scan). Running the command "sfc /scannow" as admin in cmd.
I hope this is able to aid you in some way, pleasant computing.
Last edited by Redii; 05 Oct 2016 at 19:34.
Running anniversary update here...
I start my computer, then it loads until I get the main screen (with the clock and date), where I can choose my username and enter my password ( I have 5 users).
Sometimes when clicking or typing enter, I can...
Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in...
my problem is black screen in access windows 10 or blue screen error nvlddmkm
while i was playing dota2 my laptop will always change to blue screen. this makes me feeling bad while i was playing game.
my laptop is MSI PE70 2QE i7 nvidia GTX960M window 10.
EDIT: I solved the issue. On the GitHub page for the program there was already a well-written tutorial on how to fix the issue. Heh.
Well, I made a big mistake. I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 without a hitch an hour ago and kept all of my...