Windows 10: Two (little) different BSOD in two days.


  1. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Sep 2016 #1

    Two (little) different BSOD in two days.


    Hi,

    Two (little) different BSOD in two days. The first yesterday while I was not using the PC (but many apps open), I heard him restart. I checked the memory, no problem. I checked all my drives, no problem, I installed the latest AMD drivers and today I got the second BSOD when installing an App in the Store.

    I have not had a bsod since the 14393 update, but I have some while I played with the 1511 version. I did no recent change and strictly nothing in particular. Usually, I don't worry too much because the BSOD are isolated and distant in time, but then, two different in two days...


    EDIT : For the second BSOD, it seems that the App is the cause of the BSOD. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...42549)(d_wp)()

    Two (same) BSOD with this App: one while installing the App and as it didn't start after the reboot(error message no licence found in C:\ProgramFiles (x86) etc...) then, I uninstalled and reinstalled it and on the first launch, new BSOD (with the same error message).
    Last edited by Nerdebeu; 20 Sep 2016 at 10:20.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,331
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1703 Build 15063.296
       21 Sep 2016 #2

    Are you still getting any BSOD now that you have uninstalled the Tweeten app?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       21 Sep 2016 #3

    philc43 said: View Post
    Are you still getting any BSOD now that you have uninstalled the Tweeten app?
    Not for the moment. Twitten app explains the second (and third) BSOD, but not the first.

    The two causes of BSOD are different, but what I find strange is that previously I had rarely BSOD, and then it becomes almost daily for apparently different reasons. My installation is clean, it dates from the AU and now, every day I wonder what will be the cause of the next BSOD. And worse, having a BSOD when installing an app from the Store, it's really special even if Twitten is a win32 software converted for the store and not a UWP.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,331
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1703 Build 15063.296
       21 Sep 2016 #4

    Nerdebeu said: View Post
    Not for the moment. Twitten app explains the second (and third) BSOD, but not the first.

    The two causes of BSOD are different, but what I find strange is that previously I had rarely BSOD, and then it becomes almost daily for apparently different reasons. My installation is clean, it dates from the AU and now, every day I wonder what will be the cause of the next BSOD. And worse, having a BSOD when installing an app from the Store, it's really special even if Twitten is a win32 software converted for the store and not a UWP.
    Your first BSOD may have been fixed by updating to the latest AMD drivers. When I looked at the crash dump file there was some indication that the graphics driver could have been responsible.

    The subsequent BSOD did indeed mention that the tweeten process was running when the system crashed, your subsequent tests seem to have confirmed this was the culprit.

    I hope it continues to work well for you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       22 Sep 2016 #5

    philc43 said: View Post
    Your first BSOD may have been fixed by updating to the latest AMD drivers. When I looked at the crash dump file there was some indication that the graphics driver could have been responsible.

    The subsequent BSOD did indeed mention that the tweeten process was running when the system crashed, your subsequent tests seem to have confirmed this was the culprit.

    I hope it continues to work well for you.
    Thank you.

    Since Windows 10, AMD drivers are a problem for me (version 10240, 1511 and now) I've never been as serene as with Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1. Sometimes the driver crashes, sometimes it's a BSOD. What is strange, is that I only install WHQL drivers and I even met issues with the drivers provided by MS. My next configuration will be with Nvidia, because when you read the number of issues due to the graphics drivers, it's overwhelmingly with AMD cards. I also had other (not ntoskrnl) BSOD with the Anniversary update, with other error messages, but I had not the crash dump (removed by CCleaner).

    This is bothering me. In all, for a month and a half, I have had 7 or 8 (And much more, if I count since the beginning of Windows 10) BSOD often different and when I'm doing totally different things or even... doing nothing... What's the next time? 7 or 8 BSOD it's more than with 7, 8 and 8.1 since 2009 to July 2015.

    Note that I only had two BSOD in game for a little over a year. For Twitten, I find it pretty crazy I haven't read anywhere that someone had this kind of problem. I can do without, but now, I get to ask me if I have to worry about what I'm going to install.

    /makes incantations kneeling at his PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello everyone, This is going to be my first post here. So, recently, (post-W10 Anniversary Update) I've had BSOD's start to happen. They all seem to be CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ones. I don't know if it's because of the Anniversary Update,...
Solved BSOD randomly after last WU a few days ago. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Win 10 (Home) version earlier this month - with no major glitches. Suddenly, after a recent Windows update, I started getting random BSODs (sometimes shortly after logging in and some during the login...
3 BSOD's in the last 3 days in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, I've been getting BSOD's every day since 3 days ago. The first one had the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error, as well as the third one. The second one was the "IRQL_unexpected_variable" error. According to BlueScreenView, the 1st and 3rd BSOD's were...
Few days of BSOD getting annoyed! in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, I built my new PC back in September and decided to buy Windows 10 because I brought Windows 7 when it was new and never had an issue. However Windows 10 is not working to well. From September the computer has been fine until last week,...
Hello! I've been having blue screens for a long time now. I've even had them on Windows 7. I can not really replicate the problem and I am not sure what causes it. Most of the time it happens when I am watching YouTube or Twitch, but the most recent...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:24.
Find Us