Windows 10: DPC Watchdog BSOD Windows 10 1607

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       17 Sep 2016 #1

    DPC Watchdog BSOD Windows 10 1607


    I leave my system on all day & night after it idle long time a Blue Screen appears & says DPC WatchDog & shows a scan code to Windows/code site but no info there. & cant find what is causing it only thing since the update i installed google chrome 64 bit & took it out & still does it every 24-36 hours.

    What else cause this? This a fresh upgrade from 1511 to 1607

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,194
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1703 Build 15063.250
       19 Sep 2016 #2

    Please read the BSOD posting instructions and submit the file for analysis.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
    Thread Starter
       19 Sep 2016 #3

    ok thanks
    philc43 said: View Post
    Please read the BSOD posting instructions and submit the file for analysis.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
    Thread Starter
       19 Sep 2016 #4

    Ok here is the file & thanks again
    DPC Watchdog BSOD Windows 10 1607 Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,194
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1703 Build 15063.250
       19 Sep 2016 #5

    OK, I've looked at the files and it looks like you have a problem with your NVidia drivers for the graphics card.

    Code:
    fffff803`49549c50  fffff807`010d0f64Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
     nvlddmkm+0x130f64
    Please uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and then update to the latest NVidia display driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
    Thread Starter
       19 Sep 2016 #6

    Awesome & thanks I will do that & see if it happens again
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
    Thread Starter
       20 Sep 2016 #7

    It just happened again after almost 2 days DPC Watchdog I did what you said with nvidia but again it happened here is the new dump file
    DPC Watchdog BSOD Windows 10 1607 Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,194
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1703 Build 15063.250
       20 Sep 2016 #8

    The problem seems to be associated with an old nvstor64.sys driver which may not have been updated. If you can update your NVidia chipset drivers that might help.

    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm nvstor64
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff808`6c0c0000 fffff808`6c0fe000   nvstor64 T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: nvstor64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\nvstor64.sys
        Image name: nvstor64.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Mon Jun 22 23:23:37 2009 (4A400469)
        CheckSum:         00045393
        ImageSize:        0003E000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
    Thread Starter
       20 Sep 2016 #9

    philc43 said: View Post
    The problem seems to be associated with an old nvstor64.sys driver which may not have been updated. If you can update your NVidia chipset drivers that might help.

    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm nvstor64
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff808`6c0c0000 fffff808`6c0fe000   nvstor64 T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: nvstor64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\nvstor64.sys
        Image name: nvstor64.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Mon Jun 22 23:23:37 2009 (4A400469)
        CheckSum:         00045393
        ImageSize:        0003E000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    The old nvidia was onboard 6150se which inst compatible with windows 10 I am using a newer nvidia 8400 series card i used that nvidia uninstaller above in safe mode deleted all then re downloaded driver 64 bit off nvidia site. I am not using the onboard nvidia nforce Ethernet as its not compatible disabled it from bios & using a gigabyte card for that. I uninstalled driver for old nforce also so what else can i do?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
    Thread Starter
       20 Sep 2016 #10

    DrSysop said: View Post
    The old nvidia was onboard 6150se which inst compatible with windows 10 I am using a newer nvidia 8400 series card i used that nvidia uninstaller above in safe mode deleted all then re downloaded driver 64 bit off nvidia site. I am not using the onboard nvidia nforce Ethernet as its not compatible disabled it from bios & using a gigabyte card for that. I uninstalled driver for old nforce also so what else can i do?
    I tied to rename that file & see what happenes now
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
DPC Watchdog BSOD 1607 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
So this Laptop freezes and hard reboots, the BSODs occur after the hard reboots wondering if you can discern any potential causes from the following zip. Lenovo E550 105669
BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
hi I'm receiving this BSOD periodically unfortunately I can't tell that I'm doing something particular to get it and it seems random. so I'm attaching logs and dumps hoping someone can help me. i know the reason of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs...
BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi everyone! This is my first post here. My computer has been fine until I updated it to windows 10 from win 8. I have been getting Watchdog violations randomly every 30 min to 3 hours since the update. One error report analyzed via WhoCrashed...
BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 64 bit in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello guys. I recently upgraded my Ram from 2 to 4 (2*2) and installed windows 10 64 bit. Before, I hadn't any problem with 2 GB ram and 32 bit windows 10. After a few days later I got this BSOD for 2 times in a week . All drivers have been...
Background: DPC_Watchdog_Violation -- Going crazy! : Windows10 See comment thread in link for fix already attempted. Every 10 minutes or so, around when it would go to rest, machine crashes with DPC Watchdog Violation Have had this problem...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59.
Find Us