Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Sep 2016 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 22
    Win 10 Pro

    BSOD with Torrex on one laptop but not another. Both running win 10


    As per the instructions here I am attaching the required zip file. I get BSOD every 5 mins running Torrex for win 10. I contacted Torrex support and they sent me a beta version but without success on an HP laptop. With a Lenovo Torrex runs without any problems. I had the HP reformatted twice to factory settings by a technician but no resolution. I updated all drivers still no resolution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Sep 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please uninstall following programs and use a restore point to revert back the changes they have made.
    Code:
    Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare	Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3	Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter	Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller	Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster	Public:Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster	Public
    If there is no restore point available from before any of these programs were installed then you may need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. Most of these programs are from IObit who has a very poor reputation, the programs may cause various of problems including but not limited to BSODs, performance issues and unbootable systems.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    11 Sep 2016 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 22
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately it is not helpful because the BSOD was happening before I installed these apps. It is why I installed them hoping they would fix whatever problem there is. I will do what you recommend but I have already done 2 clean installations of windows 10 BEFORE installing these apps


    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Please uninstall following programs and use a restore point to revert back the changes they have made.
    Code:
    Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare	Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3	Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter	Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller	Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller	Public
    Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster	Public:Start Menu\Programs\WinThruster	Public
    If there is no restore point available from before any of these programs were installed then you may need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. Most of these programs are from IObit who has a very poor reputation, the programs may cause various of problems including but not limited to BSODs, performance issues and unbootable systems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Sep 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    TBH, it doesn't matter if the problem was present before the programs were installed, because the programs could make things worse.
    If these kind of programs aren't addressed from the start, the user may attempt to use them not knowing what these programs could do and that's what may make the situation worse.

    After the programs have been removed we can start troubleshooting
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    11 Sep 2016 #5
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 22
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Am doing it now, though the work to re-install office etc... is going to take over a week so I really hope you can fix it for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    TBH, it doesn't matter if the problem was present before the programs were installed, because the programs could make things worse.
    If these kind of programs aren't addressed from the start, the user may attempt to use them not knowing what these programs could do and that's what may make the situation worse.

    After the programs have been removed we can start troubleshooting
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Sep 2016 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 22
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    I did a reset of windows and simply installed torrex from the MS store. As predicted I got a BSOD 5mins later whilst installing office. My audio does not work and several other HP specific drivers are not installed.

    What should I do now?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaki494 View Post
    Am doing it now, though the work to re-install office etc... is going to take over a week so I really hope you can fix it for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Sep 2016 #7
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    I need the new dump files to be able to provide suggestions, to provide them run the DM log collector and upload a new zip.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    12 Sep 2016 #8
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 22
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Thanks, I am in the office now. Will send it to you a midday.

    Regards


    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    I need the new dump files to be able to provide suggestions, to provide them run the DM log collector and upload a new zip.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    12 Sep 2016 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 22
    Win 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    apologies for the delay in responding. the file is attached
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Sep 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip file, the current attached zip is empty.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved As a bit of fun, how old is your PC/Laptop running the latest?
Latest preview build is running on my 2007 C 500 Compaq laptop. Earlier versions were a bit heavy on the CPU but now is a bit more lenient towards it. Logging in takes a longish time but once up and running it's bearable. Only things changed are...
Windows Insider
Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow
I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most...
Performance & Maintenance
hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade
An ideas on this issue, it is so hot to touch I now have to run cooling pad under the laptop, the fans just dont stop spinning it is so noisy now
General Support
Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM
Hello! I had installed windows 10 from betas and i have never reached 80 celsius on my laptop. i am measuring my temperatures with speedfan and also tried with hardwaremonitor but the same readings. my laptop fan is running on very low RPM if...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums