Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    18 Aug 2016 #1
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Build 10240 RTM

    BSOD While Installing from Network Share.


    Hey...

    I have recently upgraded my PC and now whenever I install a game from a network shared drive, game installs fine, but when I get the installation complete dialog, and as soon as I hit finish button, PC BSODs. It also happens when I launch some launcher app from network share and click the red "X" to close it I get a BSOD. It only happens on stuff I run from a network shared drive. Otherwise system is 100% stable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 Aug 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,674
    Windows 10 Pro
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    18 Aug 2016 #3
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Build 10240 RTM
    Thread Starter

    Here's my DM Log...

    Attachment 96770
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 Aug 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,674
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please uninstall McAfee and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
    Driver Reference Table - mfehidk.sys
    Uninstall Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 Forums
    Code:
    ffffd001`9b9791f8  fffff80e`65991a00Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys
     mfehidk+0xb1a00
    If you already have uninstalled McAfee, there are some remainders causing problems. I would recommend to (re)run the uninstall tool.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    18 Aug 2016 #5
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Build 10240 RTM
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Please uninstall McAfee and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
    Driver Reference Table - mfehidk.sys
    Uninstall Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 Forums
    Code:
    ffffd001`9b9791f8  fffff80e`65991a00Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys
     mfehidk+0xb1a00
    If you already have uninstalled McAfee, there are some remainders causing problems. I would recommend to (re)run the uninstall tool.
    I have no Anti-Virus installed... I have never believed in them and never will...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Aug 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,674
    Windows 10 Pro

    Alright, but please run the uninstall tool. There are McAfee drivers present on your system causing problems.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    18 Aug 2016 #7
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Build 10240 RTM
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Alright, but please run the uninstall tool. There are McAfee drivers present on your system causing problems.
    Where did they come from if I have never installed an Anti-Virus ? Does Microsoft include them by default ? I also have Defender Service disabled xD
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 Aug 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,674
    Windows 10 Pro

    I also have Defender Service disabled xD
    I would highly recommend to turn it on, or don't use the internet.
    The user is a big deal in preventing infections, but even the most trusted sites can become infected where the AV program is there to protect you from it.

    McAfee products sometimes come with other programs if the installation setup is not customized.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    18 Aug 2016 #9
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Build 10240 RTM
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    I would highly recommend to turn it on, or don't use the internet.
    The user is a big deal in preventing infections, but even the most trusted sites can become infected where the AV program is there to protect you from it.

    McAfee products sometimes come with other programs if the installation setup is not customized.
    Thanks. So far I have installed two games from that share no issues. And no matter what you or anyone says I will never use so called Anti-Virus/Malware tools. I prefer to be vulnerable than have those bloats bogging down my system...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Aug 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,674
    Windows 10 Pro

    Alright, it's your system
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved [Share] Successfully installing Edirol UM-2 on Windows 10
First of all, all credit goes to this guy's blog: Make the Edirol or Roland UM-1 and UM-1X work on Windows 10 | Zodiacal Light Basically you need to download the 8.1 drivers (32 or 64 bit as appropriate), then extract the files. Then search...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Trying to network share two HDDs; one will, one won't
I have three physical HDDs on my windows 10 computer Drive 0 = C: system drive Drive 1 = D: Data drive Drive 2 = T: Dropbox drive The two drives I want to share on the network are D: and T: I have set up sharing for both but I cannot...
Network and Sharing
Solved BSOD accessing a network share
I have a PC running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7). I also have a network disk connected to the Apple Airport base station. The disk is formatted as SMB share and the Airport handles it without any problems. The disk is accessible by any other...
Network and Sharing
Solved How can I share any files on my network ?
I have 2 laptop with windows 10 pro 64bits on my network how can I make it can send any files to each other ? http://www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/emoticons/default/sad.png P.s I 'm really newbie for this :( Btw,Thanks in advance :)
Network and Sharing
Cannot acccess any network share
Hello everyone, I installed windows 10 today, and I wanned to access my NAS, I couldn't he gave me a error. I have Two Nas devices and he refuses to connect with both. The error msg is the attachements, it is in dutch, this is the english...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums