Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       04 Aug 2016 #1

    BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119


    I think it's about the Nvidia graphic card driver. BSODs started a couple weeks ago whenever I tried to start a game, most of the issues were dpc_watchdog_violation and system_thread_exception_not_handled. Then I uninstalled the previous video card driver (which was the newest) and installed the older version 361.75. It worked but not perfectly, sometimes it just turned into blackscreen and froze (uninstalling the driver by using DDU then reinstall it could solve this issue, but it just reappeared after rebooting).

    Today another BSOD just appeared again when I was playing a game, and this time it showed video_scheduler_internal_error 0x119 in orange screen.

    I wish I could upload my previous minidumps, but I just got my Window 10 anniversary update done so all of them were gone.

    Update: BSODs happened twice today. The first one was dpc_watchdog_violation (according to WhoCrashed) had it happened when I did nothing. The second one was triggered when I was running DM Log collector. Attachment 151651_54 was the updated version.
    Attachment 94220

    Update (Aug 27 2016): Just updated the newest Nvidia driver version 372.54 after Windows 10 anniversary update. Problem seems to be solved.
    Last edited by peterhogunner; 27 Aug 2016 at 05:29.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,358
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       04 Aug 2016 #2

    Look in C:\Windows.old\Windows\minidump, see if they are there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       05 Aug 2016 #3

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Look in C:\Windows.old\Windows\minidump, see if they are there.
    I checked. Unfortunately they were gone.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,358
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       05 Aug 2016 #4

    Only 1 dump. It does show that your PC is slightly under clocked:
    Code:
    0: kd> !sysinfp cpuspeed
    No export sysinfp found
    0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed
    CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz"
    MaxSpeed:     2300
    CurrentSpeed: 2295
    I suggest entering BIOS Setup and setting values to default then run for awhile. If you get any more BSODs please re-run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file.

    Dump, as you stated, points at watchdog.sys which is a Microsoft file and part of the OS. Highly unlikely to be the actual cause. More likely a driver or memory problem of some kind. Lets see if we can find out more.

    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

    Pay close attention to
    PART TWO
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

    Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

    Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

    What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

    Also, I can't find anything on the internet about the HP ENVY 15 9004TX laptop. Do you have a link to the page where it's manuals and device drivers can be found?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       06 Aug 2016 #5

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Only 1 dump. It does show that your PC is slightly under clocked:
    Code:
    0: kd> !sysinfp cpuspeed
    No export sysinfp found
    0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed
    CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz"
    MaxSpeed:     2300
    CurrentSpeed: 2295
    I suggest entering BIOS Setup and setting values to default then run for awhile. If you get any more BSODs please re-run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file.

    Dump, as you stated, points at watchdog.sys which is a Microsoft file and part of the OS. Highly unlikely to be the actual cause. More likely a driver or memory problem of some kind. Lets see if we can find out more.

    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

    Pay close attention to
    PART TWO
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

    Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

    Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

    What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

    Also, I can't find anything on the internet about the HP ENVY 15 9004TX laptop. Do you have a link to the page where it's manuals and device drivers can be found?
    Attachment 94424 Here's the new zip.

    And my laptop should be HP ENVY 15 q004tx, my mistake.
    Device drivers: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,358
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       06 Aug 2016 #6

    The dxdiag report indicates you have a onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M.

    The dump shows a problem with the Nvidia driver:
    Code:
    fffff801`50078220  fffff809`25ca95ecUnable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
     nvlddmkm+0x9695ec
    Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

    What about running with the onboard Intel video? I don't know how that performs for gaming, probably not well though.
    How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       06 Aug 2016 #7

    Ztruker said: View Post
    The dxdiag report indicates you have a onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M.

    The dump shows a problem with the Nvidia driver:
    Code:
    fffff801`50078220  fffff809`25ca95ecUnable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
     nvlddmkm+0x9695ec
    Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

    What about running with the onboard Intel video? I don't know how that performs for gaming, probably not well though.
    How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.
    Thanks for your advise, I'll try them. The current version works fine after reinstalling. If I don't do that, it is very likely to freeze in blackscreen when I open a game while forced shut down is the only way out. I guess there's no dump files for this issue?

    The Intel video card has no problem, but just not good enough for many 3D games. I bought this laptop last year, according to hp support center the warranty has expired.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       07 Aug 2016 #8

    Ztruker said: View Post
    The dxdiag report indicates you have a onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M.

    The dump shows a problem with the Nvidia driver:
    Code:
    fffff801`50078220  fffff809`25ca95ecUnable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
     nvlddmkm+0x9695ec
    Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

    What about running with the onboard Intel video? I don't know how that performs for gaming, probably not well though.
    How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.
    Attachment 94644 Another BSOD when I was watching YouTube videos.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,358
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       07 Aug 2016 #9

    Still the Nvidia card.
    Code:
    BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
    Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+10b534 )
    All I can suggest is to try other driver versions until you find one that works. Also make sure nothing is overclocked (if that is even possible with the Envy 15 laptop).

    Download the latest HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Version 6.1.1.0 Rev.A 22.2 MB Aug 7, 2016, See what tests are available and run them all.

    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support


    Other than that I don't know what else you can do. I don't believe the Nvidia card is replaceable. If it was I'd suggest doing so.

    Could try running memory diagnostics on the chance that it is the actual root cause. Noting points to it but what if? It's something that can be replaced.

    ===================================================
    RAM:


    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Information


    MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

    • RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses


    Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

    Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

    If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

    Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

    Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       07 Aug 2016 #10

    Ztruker said: View Post
    The dxdiag report indicates you have a onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M.

    The dump shows a problem with the Nvidia driver:
    Code:
    fffff801`50078220  fffff809`25ca95ecUnable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
     nvlddmkm+0x9695ec
    Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

    What about running with the onboard Intel video? I don't know how that performs for gaming, probably not well though.
    How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.
    I just realized that I have tried both version 368.81 and 353.24 before I posted this thread. I have also tried version 368.22, 368.39 and 368.69 but none of them worked. I'll keep trying the rest of the versions.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while playing games
Hi, I bought my pc 2 months ago and recently i got my pc getting BSOD while playing games. The BSOD occurs only while i'm playing games It said error: System_Service_Exception
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved Many BSOD's while Playing Games
Hello, Since the error has began showing itself I have freshly installed Windows and it is still doing it. Thanks for taking the time guys, ixotenchoxi58512
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD while playing games
This weekend I had several BSODs while playing games. 2 times the system simply crashed black screen and restarted, 1 time I received a BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, and 2 times I received a BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN error and a restart. The...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD playing video games such as Cs:Go etc. Error, Random BSOD's
Hi, i got this computer about 3~ Weeks ago, and have gotten random BSOD's after that. System Information Bellow Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5Ghz @ 3.5 GeForce GTX960 2gb GDDR5, Physx CUDA 1TB Harddisk 7200RPM 8Gb DDR4 2133Mhz Dual Channel, 2x4gb...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD 0x119 mcupdate_genuineintel.dll
So I've got a home-built system, recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Twice now, I have left the system alone for a while, only to come back to a bluescreen with hex code 0x00000119. I checked the minidump file, and it seems to be...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums