Windows 10: BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       06 Jul 2016 #1

    BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web


    I'm so tired. For the past two years or so I've just had BSODs at random intervals in my day. Whether I'm playing a video game with my friends or by myself, whether I'm watching YouTube videos, browsing the internet or hell, sometimes waiting for my computer to get to its initial password screen, these BSODs happen. There seems to be no pattern with them either. Just two weeks ago, I didn't have a crash for a whopping 10 days, and just 5 -10 minutes ago I did! I also would like to mention that I leave my computer on sleep mode during the night and did so every one of these 10 days, and the ones before them. What caused me to get the crashes again? Well, I restarted my computer and after that point, I've been once again getting these BSODs.


    Some examples of BSODs I've gotten:


    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (have gotten this one the most)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
    ... and many others that I can't remember


    5 Notes:


    1. As mentioned, I leave my computer on sleep mode during the night.


    2. My motherboard has a broken Ethernet port that was broken since I first built my computer back in November in 2013.


    3. I have had these freezes and BSODs for the past 1.5 years AT LEAST. They might go as far back as 2.5 years.


    4. I have virtually replaced every part of my computer with the exception of my motherboard and computer case. My hard drive isn't new, but I have replaced it with an old one from a laptop I had and still have these issues.


    5. I have reinstalled Windows 7 as well as Windows 10 on my hard drive at least 3 times and I have recently upgraded my old hard drive from my laptop to Windows 10 but to no avail did these crashes go away.


    Also, my computer has crashed multiple times just writing this.

    Attachment 88685
    Last edited by Resolved; 06 Jul 2016 at 18:09.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,723
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.969
       06 Jul 2016 #2

    Why are you running with Driver Verifier enabled. That can cause BSODs on good systems. Should only be used if you are trying to flush out possible driver errors.

    How long have you been running with it enabled? I would suggest disabling it for now and see what happens.

    The latest dump points to WdFilter.sys which belongs to Windows Defender. Unlikely to be the actual cause of the BSOD. It's date is the same as what I have which is the latest available.

    Previous dump is:
    Code:
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
    An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
    MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
    processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
    It's possible you have a defective CPU. Disable Driver Verifier then follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:

    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       06 Jul 2016 #3

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Why are you running with Driver Verifier enabled. That can cause BSODs on good systems. Should only be used if you are trying to flush out possible driver errors.

    How long have you been running with it enabled? I would suggest disabling it for now and see what happens.

    The latest dump points to WdFilter.sys which belongs to Windows Defender. Unlikely to be the actual cause of the BSOD. It's date is the same as what I have which is the latest available.

    Previous dump is:
    Code:
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
    An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
    MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
    processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
    It's possible you have a defective CPU. Disable Driver Verifier then follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:

    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums
    Thank you for your help and in all honesty, I never even knew I had Driver Verifier enabled. Sadly though, after disabling and deciding to quickly surf the web, my computer once more crashed. Also, I downloaded Prime95 and within just a few seconds of starting the program, my computer froze. This happened across all 3 of my attempts of starting the program. Does this signify an issue with my processor because before I upgraded to an FX 8350, my FX 6300 also had crashes.

    Here are some more .dmp files:
    https://mega.nz/#!epxFnByC!1bb3iyE41aRuP8E85gW_BVv-IfWQEFsVKPXZKAJSro8
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Jul 2016 #4

    I know you already know how to do this since you did it in your first post,

    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

    We prefer you use our site when posting files.

    This is your file from that link,

    Attachment 88713
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #5

    derekimo said: View Post
    I know you already know how to do this since you did it in your first post,

    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

    We prefer you use our site when posting files.

    This is your file from that link,

    Attachment 88713
    Apologies; won't happen again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,723
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.969
       07 Jul 2016 #6

    Driver Verifier is still enabled.

    Follow the directions in Part Three: Disable Driver Verifier

    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #7

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Driver Verifier is still enabled.

    Follow the directions in Part Three: Disable Driver Verifier

    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10
    lol sorry about that. Is it finally disabled?

    Attachment 88889

    Attachment 88888
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 4,723
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.969
       07 Jul 2016 #8

    Yup, that did it.

    I notice you are somewhat down level for Windows Updates. You are at 10586.162, should be 10586.420.
    Please apply all Windows Updates. Try running normally for awhile, see how it is. If okay then give Prime95 another try, now that Verifier is off.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       07 Jul 2016 #9

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Yup, that did it.

    I notice you are somewhat down level for Windows Updates. You are at 10586.162, should be 10586.420.
    Please apply all Windows Updates. Try running normally for awhile, see how it is. If okay then give Prime95 another try, now that Verifier is off.
    Okay, firstly, thank you for your help so far. So I downloaded the newest version of the Windows 10 Update through a standalone package and apparently it said that I already have the update. Also, after looking at my Windows 10 info in the Settings>System>About tab, it says that I have 10586.420 installed (see picture attached).
    Regarding the Prime95 test, this time around, my computer was able to run the test for roughly 5 seconds as opposed to the immediate crash that was seen before. My computer then crashed (as opposed to freezing the first time I tried Prime95) and gave me an BSOD, but Prime95 was still able to produce a 'results.txt' file that I have attached as well. Then, after putting in my computer password I was once more greeted with a BSOD. I think this happened one more time if I recall correctly while waiting for the computer to start up again. As always, I have attached the newest sets of .dmp files below. Once again, thank you.

    Attachment 88905
    Attachment 88906

    Attachment 88904
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 2,067
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1607 Build 14393.969
       08 Jul 2016 #10

    Your results.txt file shows ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUT

    This can be due to too low a voltage somewhere in your system, either CPU core voltage or even memory voltages. Normally these are automatically detected and set in the BIOS. You will need to refer to your CPU and memory specifications to verify the optimum voltages. Maybe you can post some pictures of the BIOS screens to show what is set.

    I notice you have 16GB memory in single channel mode. Does this mean you have put two sticks in adjacent slots rather than spacing them apart in either slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 to get the dual channel memory?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Random Freezes/BSoDs? in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started...
Random freezes and BSODs in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've...
Solved PC Freezes during Gaming in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Good morning everybody :) During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly,...
It has been a long trial and error methodology of trying to figure out what is the root cause but I can not do it alone. I'll give a bit of rough history. I decided to build a small form factor PC that can serve as not only a home media hub but one...
I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums